• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just off the Dream

Theresa35

Earning My Ears
Just got off the Dream yesterday and am currently on my way home. Am I the only one who wishes I was back on board? I miss the comfy bedding, the amazing food (I couldn't get enough of the French fries), and being able to relax in the pool while watching movies and eating ice cream. I miss the brilliant blue of the ocean and the sound of the sea. Wish I could bring all of these things home with me. :sad:

Were the Navigators being left in your stateroom or did people have to go to Guest Services?

Post Vacation Blues. I'd think unless you somehow live a perfect, stress free life, then it is a very real thing. I find that its actually worse for me getting off the ship. Life on board is just sooooo easy and stress free that coming back to the real world is almost a rude awakening. Even when we go to the parks there's a bit of it but I think that because doing 4-5 days in the parks can be a little more stressful with crowds, lines, and schedules that its not near as bad as getting off the ship.

Were the Navigators being left in your stateroom or did people have to go to Guest Services?

No navigators delivered to my room. I had to go to guest services to get one each morning. I was prepared for this, so instead of looking through the navigator before bed, we looked through it during breakfast. Which was nice because it gave us more to talk about over breakfast and motivated us to get moving in the morning.

Post Vacation Blues. I'd think unless you somehow live a perfect, stress free life, then it is a very real thing. I find that its actually worse for me getting off the ship. Life on board is just sooooo easy and stress free that coming back to the real world is almost a rude awakening. Even when we go to the parks there's a bit of it but I think that because doing 4-5 days in the parks can be a little more stressful with crowds, lines, and schedules that its not near as bad as getting off the ship.

I completely agree! And I live in Northern NY so when I came home I had to leave that beautiful weather behind. It rained almost non-stop for two weeks after I came home from my first sailing. Hoping I dont have to wait so long this time for beautiful weather back home.

Yes, many here have the same feels at the end. That's why we are on the boards so much, to help us with that withdrawal. The only way to deal with it is to do it again! lol

Yup. I don't cry after but always make sure to wear our Disney clothes until we get home! Though, we try to visit WDW after the cruise to help us not be so depressed about leaving the cruise. Having more Disney afterwards makes it a little bit better, when we can swing it anyways.

Frankly, dear, I don't give a damn

We did animal kingdom right after getting off the ship and that was a mistake for usbecause we all got very little sleep, trying to make the 6:45am breakfast time. Next time, we’ll do it the next day after we disembark.

P.s. thanks for standing up for me.

Never had that serious of a crash after the vacation, but understand it. Goes to show what an all immersive awesome time you had.
Now... start planning the next one lol
Glad u had a great time!

Post Vacation Blues. I'd think unless you somehow live a perfect, stress free life, then it is a very real thing. I find that its actually worse for me getting off the ship. Life on board is just sooooo easy and stress free that coming back to the real world is almost a rude awakening.

Wrote a quick guide in the Disney Dads forum about dealing w/ post vacation depression:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/super-depressed-after-trip.3260446/page-2#post-59085686

While I have never been in tears after a trip, I definitely always wish they were longer.

Things that have helped me include editing photos and/or making travel videos.

Writing trip reports is also good for me as it allows me to reread my journal and relive the fun.

My daughter and I cried our last morning. I had to put on sunglasses. And we have all been wearing Disney garb to keep the Disney blues down.

That was my son the morning we disembarked. He didn't want to leave. But I reminded him that we will be back and that we get to start the selection and countdown process again. He really enjoyed the anticipation of the next cruise, telling everyone about the great time he has and showing off pictures. He's six now and will be a bit older when we take our next cruise and we told him that he can play a bigger part in the selection process and planning next time.

Hope you made a Placeholder before disembarking. Would help ease the pain a bit!

What sucked the Disney magic from your heart? For me, I was just so grateful for being able to go, so it was tears of gratefulness and appreciation.
Nothing. It just struck me as a bit much. It's true that everyone has their own style, though. Not trying to offend, just offering my opinion, as people will do in response to comments one makes on a public message board. Glad you loved your trip.

Off Dream on Friday as well. Gorgeous most perfect weather ever. Ship looks great and was smooth with no noticeable vibration.

Some notes -

Still fireworks at 10:30ish. Followed by Pirate buffet. A new bucaneer blast show for us, sort of a sing along.... Didn't care for it as much as the old "Pirates IN the Carribean" show.

Navigators at GS only... usually after 8 or 9pm for the next day. Still provided at the port check-in.

Had a 4 top assignment for 3 of us for first time. Seemed like they had more smaller party tables but could just be where we sat. Saw lots of smaller parties of 4.

Food and service were awesome. Good as ever. Pirates menu seemed a bit different to me.

Bathroom had H20+ Pumps. It was fine, earth friendly and more economical, tho i will say the product seemed a little less concentrated.

3 shows on 4 days with no repeats.

Overall i didn't witness or feel that service was declined. It was all still very top notch and as good as our first cruise 15 yrs ago.

I always feel a little sad at the end of a vacation. Going back to reality can be tough and I love cruising so it's extra hard at the end of a perfect cruise. The best cure for this is to book another cruise and then spend all your free time planning that trip :)

Just got this survey beginning with this paragraph... not going to lie, doesn't really make me want to spend the next 20 mins doing it...

Welcome!

We thank you in advance for completing this survey. We truly value your feedback and pay particular attention to survey results in order to continue improving our services and standards.

We appreciate your taking the time to participate, and encourage you to share your opinions; however, please note that we are not soliciting any ideas or suggestions. By participating in this survey, you consent to our unrestricted use and disclosure, without any compensation or obligation to you, of any ideas or suggestions you provide us in connection with this survey. Please be assured that we will not use any of the information you provide to us in connection with this survey to market any products or services to you.

Now, please click "Next" to get started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter