Just off the Fantasy...NEW photo CD

scrapbookmomma74

We love DCL!!!
We just got off the Fantasy 7 night Eastern today. The photo CD price was $349.95. We wound up with 320 photos on ours! And, the BONUS is this: for an additional $50, you can have EVERY print of your photos as well!
This is NEW...
In the past, on a 7 night on the Magic, the CD was $399.95, and you didn't get any of the prints. This new deal makes way more sense! (of course, it also weighs a LOT more! lol)
We were able to collect our printed photos throughout the week, by showing our receipt in Shutters. On our final day, when we discovered photos that hadn't been printed or photos that hadn't been added to the CD, we were able to print and add them accordingly. It was FABULOUS!
We usually buy the CD, and this time, it even came with ALL of the borders. I am very happy with the new way they are doing this, hopefully it will be on ALL of the ships soon.
Happy photoing! :)

That sounds great! We're on a 4 day in October, and I sure hope something similar is available then.

Did I read this right? All photos on CD came with borders? This is great!!!

Let me make sure that I understand--they will print ALL the photos for you? You don't just get the ones that they happened to print, you get a hard copy of all of them?

This definitely makes the deal more attractive.

The CD cost has varied over the years...from a lot to way too much. This deal actually makes sense.

We just got off the Fantasy 7 night Eastern today. The photo CD price was $349.95. We wound up with 320 photos on ours! And, the BONUS is this: for an additional $50, you can have EVERY print of your photos as well!
This is NEW...
In the past, on a 7 night on the Magic, the CD was $399.95, and you didn't get any of the prints. This new deal makes way more sense! (of course, it also weighs a LOT more! lol)
We were able to collect our printed photos throughout the week, by showing our receipt in Shutters. On our final day, when we discovered photos that hadn't been printed or photos that hadn't been added to the CD, we were able to print and add them accordingly. It was FABULOUS!
We usually buy the CD, and this time, it even came with ALL of the borders. I am very happy with the new way they are doing this, hopefully it will be on ALL of the ships soon.

I was soooo excited when I heard about this deal. I have bought the CD in the past and then added on packages too so I could get some of the photos with the boarders. :cool1:

Thanks for this info! We will be getting the CD on our Fantasy cruise and I'm so happy it comes with all the prints!!! :)

Is this something that has to be pre-paid, or can you wait to see if you like your photos before ordering?

Let me make sure that I understand--they will print ALL the photos for you? You don't just get the ones that they happened to print, you get a hard copy of all of them?

This definitely makes the deal more attractive.

The CD cost has varied over the years...from a lot to way too much. This deal actually makes sense.

That is correct! They started this on the MV.

Is this something that has to be pre-paid, or can you wait to see if you like your photos before ordering?

You can wait but I wouldn't recommend waiting more than a few days or you might not get all of the pictures on the CD. They had big issues on the MV, but have hopefully fixed that problem by now. If there is a picture in your folder that is missing from the kiosk pics, then you need to give it to the staff at the desk and tell them it needs to be added to your CD.

The pictures on the CD come with the borders. There is not an option to have them removed, but they will print a picture without the border for you.

I saw in some other threads re:Photo CD something about unlocked/locked pics on the CD. Can someone explain in a Photo CDs for Dummies way what that means. I could never figure it out. DW is a huge scrapbooker and needs to be able to print/re-print photos as needed.

Based on this thread though, we will definitely be getting the CD on our Fantasy cruise next year.

I haven't been on my first cruise yet but am going soon. :banana: if you can call Christmas almost here, that is.

I've been reading about these photo CDs for awhile and didn't think it sounded worth it, being that any prints had to be purchased separately and it seemed to me that what was on the CD wasn't easily accessible. (previous poster re: locking.. I want to know too)

Now this, this sounds like a good deal. Prints of EVERY photo AND the cd w/ borders? I'm in! I will prepurchase the CD now that I know this. Yippee!!

What kind of pictures end up on the CD? Would this be worth it for a couple with no kids? On the Fantasy, do the photographers go around taking pictures everywhere around the ship, or is it only when you line up for things like character photos? I'm trying to justify the expense, since we usually shoot our own digital photos and only buy from Shutters if it's fabulous.

I saw in some other threads re:Photo CD something about unlocked/locked pics on the CD. Can someone explain in a Photo CDs for Dummies way what that means. I could never figure it out. DW is a huge scrapbooker and needs to be able to print/re-print photos as needed.

Based on this thread though, we will definitely be getting the CD on our Fantasy cruise next year.

There are two other CD options besides getting ALL the pictures. You can get 10 or 20 pictures on a cd as well. If you choose either of these picture options you will get a CD that has all the pictures on it, but you can only download the amount you selected (10 or 20). You are "unlocking" those 10 or 20 pictures. This is how it was explained to me anyway.

What kind of pictures end up on the CD? Would this be worth it for a couple with no kids? On the Fantasy, do the photographers go around taking pictures everywhere around the ship, or is it only when you line up for things like character photos? I'm trying to justify the expense, since we usually shoot our own digital photos and only buy from Shutters if it's fabulous.

I was on the Fantasy in May and there were not really any photographers walking around and taking pictures, it was all backdrop/stand in line ones. I hear that they walk around Castaway, but we never encountered them. I was worried that I would not be able to afford all the pictures I would want. I am a single mom and this trip was a stretch for me to begin with. I ended up only buying two pictures. I took lots on my own (after the photographer took them of my son) and they were just as good. I just was not crazy about the ones they took overall. I think that if they had walked around and took them somewhat candidly (like they do on RCL) I would have spent a lot more. So to answer you question, it really is up to you. They will gladly use your camera after they take a picture. So it depends on what you really want.

What about the other ships? Is this only for the Fantasy? We're on a 7 night on the Wonder in September. Can we do this then?

Blah. I can't STAND the borders. It makes no sense to me, to not offer the "clean" image on the CD next to the altered one. Oh well. Looks like I have $400 extra in my budget now.

I was on the Fantasy in May and there were not really any photographers walking around and taking pictures, it was all backdrop/stand in line ones. I hear that they walk around Castaway, but we never encountered them. I was worried that I would not be able to afford all the pictures I would want. I am a single mom and this trip was a stretch for me to begin with. I ended up only buying two pictures. I took lots on my own (after the photographer took them of my son) and they were just as good. I just was not crazy about the ones they took overall. I think that if they had walked around and took them somewhat candidly (like they do on RCL) I would have spent a lot more. So to answer you question, it really is up to you. They will gladly use your camera after they take a picture. So it depends on what you really want.
Thank you. I think we will skip the CD. My husband hates standing in lines and we prefer candid photos anyway. The CD would not be worth it for us. We might buy our formal picture and nothing else.

Blah. I can't STAND the borders. It makes no sense to me, to not offer the "clean" image on the CD next to the altered one. Oh well. Looks like I have $400 extra in my budget now.
I hate the borders too! That clinches it. No CD for us!

I was on the May 13-17th sailing on the dream had approximately 200 pics on my cds. I had asked if I Could bulk purchase my photos instead of them"recyling all images not purchased" (their words not mine) and they said no deal were to be offered. It was still possible I would have loved to have all the pictures? Anyone? Is there a number I could call and further inquire too? Is this only on the fantasy?

I wonder how much(or if it will cost the same) for a 4 day cruise, and if they will offer it on the Dream? We are going for Thanksgiving. :)

This is NEW...

Was there any mention of only 100 orders per ship?
See: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2940639

I didn't see anything regarding only 100 orders. And, we had 320 photos, so I felt it was worth it for our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter