• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just off the Magic! Any questions?

Did you see, hear or notice many people denied boarding due to failing the PCR test at the port?

Glad you had a good time! We are due to board on the 22nd and trying to stay healthy until then!!

MJ

Did you see, hear or notice many people denied boarding due to failing the PCR test at the port?

Glad you had a good time! We are due to board on the 22nd and trying to stay healthy until then!!

MJ

There were to my knowledge a handful of families that had a positive test at the port and were denied boarding. I saw about 6 rooms just on our stretch of hallway that still had room keys outside when we came back from second dinner the first night.

there were some who did not have proper documentation at the port that got denied (birth certificates, passports).

I even saw a few on our Facebook page who said that their children’s food test prior to arrival at the port was lost, so they were also denied boarding (one family said they tested with inspire).

MJ
I will say, there were less positives than I expected to see. We quarantined and stayed home for about 10 days prior to our trip. I know that’s not possible for everyone, but even with all our precautions i was still nervous. We tested before we came to the port for some peace of mind. Wore n95 masks until we could get tested at the port.

Good luck to you and your family. Hoping you guys get negatives and get to sail!

What movies were they playing, aside from Encanto? Was West Side Story playing? Was the Edge or Vibe open? Was there a long wait for turns in the pool?

Thank you for sharing your experience!! Going the end of February ….

Any suggestions on Miami port arrival process? We are driving our own car.

What was adult activities like at night time? Did they have a pianist in Keys at night?

Thanks!
Dale

Hi! We've got a similar sailing in April (5 nights, CC double dip and Nassau), and our booking day is coming up and I'm trying to plan for it, so I have a lot of questions! Not sure if you would know all of this but if so
  • Did they only offer Palo Brunch on the at sea day or also Nassau?
  • Like the previous poster, I'd also be interested in if there is a pirate night.
  • Did you do any excursions at Nassau? We are debating one versus just staying on the ship and curious about experiences.
  • Did you do the rainforest room at the spa? If so did you think it was worth it? We've never been on the Magic so not sure if it is worth splurging given it's so much more expensive now and not as big as the Dream/Fantasy one.

For the April 25 sailing, Palo Brunch is offered on the Sea Day (which falls between days at Castaway Cay) and Nassau port day.

What movies were they playing, aside from Encanto? Was West Side Story playing? Was the Edge or Vibe open? Was there a long wait for turns in the pool?
West Side Story was playing as well as Eternals and Encanto. I may have missed a few, but those were the three I remember!

we don’t have kids, but vibe and edge were both on the schedule as open for kiddos.

I did see a wait for the pool and hot tubs at times, but it never seemed long. Lifeguards did a good job of keeping rotations going It seemed. We only saw this stuff in passing as we spent all our our pool time in the adults section. Ship was deserted on CC afternoons. Not a single person in the pools!

Hi! We've got a similar sailing in April (5 nights, CC double dip and Nassau), and our booking day is coming up and I'm trying to plan for it, so I have a lot of questions! Not sure if you would know all of this but if so
  • Did they only offer Palo Brunch on the at sea day or also Nassau?
  • Like the previous poster, I'd also be interested in if there is a pirate night.
  • Did you do any excursions at Nassau? We are debating one versus just staying on the ship and curious about experiences.
  • Did you do the rainforest room at the spa? If so did you think it was worth it? We've never been on the Magic so not sure if it is worth splurging given it's so much more expensive now and not as big as the Dream/Fantasy one.

Our Magic sailing on 1/17 offers Palo brunch on Nassau day.

Thank you for sharing your experience!! Going the end of February ….

Any suggestions on Miami port arrival process? We are driving our own car.

What was adult activities like at night time? Did they have a pianist in Keys at night?

Thanks!
Dale

We ubered to the port. Had a PAT of 10:30. Arrived right on time and there was already a huge line. Seems like you can arrive early in Miami to park/drop off luggage and line up. When we got there, they had not let anyone in the building yet. Once they opened the doors they only let 10:30 PAT guests in. All 10:45 guests in line had to wait outside until called.

The process was quite smooth. Security first then straight to covid testing. There was a lull here, but not too long. Waited about 30 minutes for results and boarded soon after.

I would recommend having your PAT paperwork, specifically the QR code handy. As well as the Safe Passage QR code. The PAT code was scanned often.

There was a pianist in Keys on most nights. She was wonderful. Tons of live music offerings. And adults only ventriloquist/comedy one night. Many happy hours (5:00pm and 9:00pm). In my opinion there were fewer adult only activities than normal, but there were still quite a few options to fill your evenings! There was more offered than I had expected which was nice.

Sorry for the other question but do they have professional photos outside then so people can take family portraits without a stupid mask

so so so so dumb but thanks

honestly, I agree. If they allow masks off while you are at your dining table away from others, I don’t understand why they won’t allow it for the professional photos.

Sorry for the other question but do they have professional photos outside then so people can take family portraits without a stupid mask

yes, I saw a few spots where that was possible. Many families got some beautiful photos on deck 10 outside of palo on our sea day.It seemed to be a popular spot so they had two photographers out.

Thank you for this! We are sailing in February and I know my son would love the Marcel character meets. Do you know if you have to book in advance, either online or onboard?

Thank you for this! We are sailing in February and I know my son would love the Marcel character meets. Do you know if you have to book in advance, either online or onboard?
There were no meet and greets on our sailing for prebook. I’ve heard that is different for Marvel sailings. Some on those seem to be prebooked ticket events.

The Jan 22 Magic is a Marvel cruise and there were character meet and greets that you could sign up for during online check in. Sorry I do not remember which ones were available but there were about 4 of them IIRC.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter