Just off the Magic! Any questions?

I just called the nursery is closed but I can’t take my kid to Palo either…WTH?

No offense, but where have you been? Nursery has been closed since restart and anyone with a kid under 3 isn’t letting them go without extended family cruising with them. Sucks, but that’s the current state of cruising. Cancel if it’s that big of a deal.

No offense, but where have you been? Nursery has been closed since restart and anyone with a kid under 3 isn’t letting them go without extended family cruising with them. Sucks, but that’s the current state of cruising. Cancel if it’s that big of a deal.

…did I personally offend you lol?

Does anyone know what the covid testing protocol is during the course of the cruise?

Does anyone know what the covid testing protocol is during the course of the cruise?
For most, it's only if symptoms develop during the cruise.
For any unvaccinated passengers, DCL is testing the day prior to debarkation on cruises of 5+ nights. By later this week that will only be the very youngest passengers (<5 yrs old).

I guess it is subjective, but I did not feel it was very cold. I usually take a sweater to dinner each night and found myself never using it. I know it wasn’t due to me having too much sun either because it was chilly/rainy outside until day three for us!

i found our room quite hot at night as well even with the unit set all the way down (but I like to sleep with the room very very cold, so it might just not have been what I’m used to at home). Overall I feel like the temperature was pretty standard.
I agree, just got off the Magic on Saturday and did not find it too cold inside and I am usually cold everywhere. The rooms were quite warm at night even with the air turned all the way down. We ended up with the blankets in the floor each night because it was too warm to use them.

What do you think the odds are that the june/july greece will sail

honestly, I think it will still sail. There are a handful or cruise lines that have operated out of Greece since the cruising restart, so they definitely aren’t opposed to cruising.

Covid is going to be around for the long haul and the cruise industry has figured out a great system to keep people as safe as possible. I think your odds of sailing are pretty good!

I only saw brunch on the sea day. That is when we had it. It was excellent and I didn’t even miss the buffet like I thought I would.

pirate night was still awesome. Disney definitely tried hard to fill in some of the voids of not having the deck show.

we stayed on the ship at Nassau. To me it’s not worth it to get off anymore. We really enjoyed the extra time on a mostly empty ship. If you do want to do something, I would recommend an animal encounter at blue lagoon. Did the sea lion one a few years back and we still talk about how eat it was.

while I love the rainforest room, I would not say it’s worth it on the Magic at the current price. If you were traveling with multiple family members and could split the cost, I would go for it though. I just can’t justify the $175 for two people.
If you book the Rainforest Room, do you have exclusive use or are there other families? I am confused by the fixed price of $175 regardless of your family size. We have done Rainforest Room only on the Fantasy and the price was per person

If you book the Rainforest Room, do you have exclusive use or are there other families? I am confused by the fixed price of $175 regardless of your family size. We have done Rainforest Room only on the Fantasy and the price was per person
Exclusive use.

I only saw brunch on the sea day. That is when we had it. It was excellent and I didn’t even miss the buffet like I thought I would.

pirate night was still awesome. Disney definitely tried hard to fill in some of the voids of not having the deck show.

we stayed on the ship at Nassau. To me it’s not worth it to get off anymore. We really enjoyed the extra time on a mostly empty ship. If you do want to do something, I would recommend an animal encounter at blue lagoon. Did the sea lion one a few years back and we still talk about how eat it was.

while I love the rainforest room, I would not say it’s worth it on the Magic at the current price. If you were traveling with multiple family members and could split the cost, I would go for it though. I just can’t justify the $175 for two people.

Could you elaborate on the Palo brunch? I probably need to do a little more research, I was thinking that the buffet was still available but someone would plate the items for you. If there is no buffet, are you only getting the food off the menu? Thanks.

Could you elaborate on the Palo brunch? I probably need to do a little more research, I was thinking that the buffet was still available but someone would plate the items for you. If there is no buffet, are you only getting the food off the menu? Thanks.
There is no buffet. They are serving platters at the table as starters: a seafood platter, a cheese/charcuterie platter, and a bread bowl—featuring several of the items that used to be at the buffet. But it is a more limited selection than the old buffet. That said, if you like one item on the platter (eg the he crabs legs) you can ask for extra, so it is like a buffet in that respect. But it is not like Cabanas where they have the buffet laid out and a server plates your selections—it is plates of food brought table side.

Then for entrees you order off menu like normal.

The above poster is correct. No buffet anymore. I almost cancelled because of that, but I am so glad I did not!!

It was a phenomenal meal. The antipasti plates were fabulous. Benedicts and waffles were superb. Pizza was some of the best I’ve ever had. Mushroom ravioli was better than anything I’ve ever tasted on a Disney ship, heck it was better than anything I had in Italy! Desserts were wonderful too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter