Just off Wonder 4/12..thoughts. Any questions

Joel0917

DIS Veteran
Just of the Disney Wonder out of Miami. Boarded April 8. Drove down with a rental car from WDW. Stayed at Hyatt House Miami Airport. The took cab from Hyatt to port.
Cab ride $28 plus tip for four of us.

We had 11 30 am arrival. We arrived 1040 and and were able to get in no problem. One long line first for Silver members. then a long youth line. Then a line to meet Mickey...who we missed out on and got Minnie.

We were done about 12 and they boarded groups 1-6 and we were in 6 so no problem. On the ship and we were first ones at the pool.

rooms were ready at 130. We had 7578. Nice room.
We did all 4 dining nights with rotation APPT. Parrot Cay night 2 was my least favorite.
We did see Toy Story - sorta cute. But kids were exhausted. Also saw Dreams which was really good.
Knight Magic was the 3rd night show and it was really good!

We didn't do any excursions through Disney. Castaway we just swam and snorkeled.
Nassau we got a room at comfort suites. Atlantis opens pools at 9. IN port was 7am. We were off 815, jumped a cab...which was strange. Lots of hustle. Agree on a price before. cost us $25 for a private cab/suv to comfort suites.
Got there at 845 am. Checked in. Short walk to Atlantis, got the bands and right in. This place is HUGE and in the short 330pm all aboard time it was not enough time to do anything. We had no waits for the big slides until about 10, but by 12noon when all the ships were in port, the place was packed.
We only bought nachos and a couple drinks.
We cabbed back at 230 for $20.
In Key West we went to Garbo's Grill food truck. 7 min walk from port. GREAT FOOD!!!

Then hung at the ship.

Clayton was our cruise director.

Kids did youth club and daughter was 10 and we signed a waiver so she could be in vibe.

This was our first cruise on wonder after 2 cruises on fantasy. Some thoughts:
I love the Fantasy. I like the things to do
love the combined lab/oceanners club on fantasy.
loved the restaurants more on fantasy...in terms of atmosphere and feel.
Love the kid pools on Wonder but the adult pool on wonder
Felt elevators were very slow on Wonder. We took the stairs a ton.
Service was great on both. Food was great on both.
Aladdin over Toy Story
Dreams over wishes

Overall i would probably not cruise the wonder again. not only 4 nights is too short. i miss the sea days. But i like the big feel of the Fantasy.

Which characters were on board?

We are doing the same itenarary as you, leaving in 10 days.

Where does the boat dock in Key West? Can you give me some landmarks.

Glad you had a fun trip!

We ate at Garbo's when we sailed in Feb. My husband and son enjoyed it a lot. Did you have the long wait for the food too? They said it was well worth the wait.

Wow, so Clayton is on The Wonder now, we have sailed twice on The Fantasy with him, we had Peter in Feb.

I agree we felt we were missing something without a sea day or two.

Watched you sail away from the webcams. I was supposed to be onboard with you but at the last minute hopped on a November cruise because it didn't stop in Nassau and had an at sea day. Do love those at sea days. Wonder has become my favorite ship. Sorry to hear you weren't crazy about it. We booked again for Alaska this summer. How were the room renovations? Did they replace all the furniture in the rooms ( new dressers, desk, etc) or just the beds, couch, curtains, and carpet? She did look like she needed a bit of TLC when I was on in November

Last edited:
Which characters were on board?

We are doing the same itenarary as you, leaving in 10 days.

Where does the boat dock in Key West? Can you give me some landmarks.

Glad you had a fun trip!
Characters...all I'd say. U need ticket for princess which was tiana, rapunzel and Cinderella. And sep ticket for Anna and Elsa. Never saw any other princesses.
Who were u looking for? The main characters were around in different outfits each night.

Key west...the main dick not sure how to describe off front street. Literally right off Duvall and front.

Watched you sail away from the webcams. I was supposed to be onboard with you but at the last minute hopped on a November cruise because it didn't stop in Nassau and had an at sea day. Do love those at sea days. Wonder has become my favorite ship. Sorry to hear you weren't crazy about it. We booked again for Alaska this summer. How were the room renovations? Did they replace all the furniture in the rooms ( new dressers, desk, etc) or just the beds, couch, curtains, and carpet? She did look like she needed a bit of TLC when I was on in November
I would say the trunk looked new. Dressers seemed new. No real wear and tear. Coffee table and stool were new. Bathroom shower had some wear and tear

Around the ship looks like steps are newer but the logo carpet by some elevators had some stains.

We sailed 3/20 dressers appeared to be the same but the bed and nightstand were updated. Curtains, carpet and sofa were updated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter