JUST ONE LITTLE M&M? You may not eat again after reading this...

miss missy

Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives?!
This was from a WW leader.

JUST ONE LITTLE M&M?

M&M's are really football fields. What does this mean? To find out walk with a 50 cent bag of plain M&M's onto a football field. Open the bag, take out one little M&M at the back of the end zone. Eat this one M&M. It will last in your mouth about 10 seconds. Start to walk off your M&M by striding across the football field all the way into the far end zone (120 yeards).

Congratulations You just burned off one M&M.

Now turn around and look back at the goal post. If you're willing to walk another football field, enjoy your second M&M. Just remember, there are 53 to 55 of those little sugar coated chocolates in the 50 cent M&M bag.
This wasn't written to depress you, but, hopefully it will at least make you think the next time you pick something up that you should think twice about.

Are you willing to spend the time and energy to burn it off?
By the way, one peanut M&M equals two football fields.
Potato chips and Doritos equal two football fields each chip
Chocolate chip cookies, depending on their size, equal 8 - 15 football fields.
A snickers bar equals 50 football fields.
Miller or Bud Lite equal 18 football fields.
If you choose a regular Miller or Bud - that equals 36 football fields.
A Big Mac, fries and shake are 240 football fields or five straight hours of walking. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

WOW!!! I will be thinking for sure!

Wow, that is unbelievable. My mother has a candy bowl with M&Ms in it and when I'm being good, I walk right by, but this past weekend, I was not good, and probably ate a small bags worth- 50 football fields!!! I'm going to print this out and leave it by her bowl. Most of my family have struggled with our weight, and we have said many times, we don't need candy, but she still buys it, and we still eat it. She's a diabetic, and shouldn't have it either, but you can't change her. I'll be thinking twice before I put my hand in that bowl again. Thanks!

Wow, Missy, that sure puts things into perspective. DS has an M&M dispenser in his bedroom and it is so easy to walk by and have an M&M or two. Definitely something to think about. Thanks for sharing.

And I don't want to think about what length an ice cream is :scared1:

I'm an m&m junky!! I just bought the XXL dark chocolate peanut ones at Sam's yesterday!:eek:
Well at least I can now curb how many I eat each day...hopefully!

I had heard this awhile ago, and haven't been able to enjoy an m&m since....such is life....

Oh, dear. I must never stop walking/wogging then. Thank you for this thought proviking post.

What great timing you had in posting this. The morning after I read this I go to work and the girl at the desk next to me has a bowl full of pink M&M's for all to enjoy. I printed out your post, shared it with her and haven't touched one since. Very thought provoking indeed.

Yes very thought provoking ... anyways I am going back to reading menus for my deluxe dining plan for my WDW vacation next month. Yes I am reading menus scoping out what deserts I want to order at EVERY meal! Oh yea! ;) On another note I really should cut back when I get home next month lol

Zombie thread. :)

But since it popped up, I'm just not sure of the "m&m fear" it inspires. I mean, it's all about choices. 28 grams (1 ounce) of m&ms is 4 current WW pointsplus (would have been different when the OP wrote it, when it was just "points") (and yes I weigh my candy).

If I feel like having that in my day (and I generally don't because that candy isn't one of my general life choices, though other candies are), I don't have to be afraid of it, or eat it while walking football fields. I can work it into my day.

It's all about choices. I'm so glad the modern WW doesn't generally involve being afraid of foods and snacks and candies. :)

I haven't had m&m's at least over a year. I am getting to the point of not wanting to eat sugar. It is bad enough some of the food you eat has sugar in it. Oh well, old thread but not a bad topic to talk about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter