Just out of curiosity . . . .

EltonJohn

<font color=6600CC>DIS Veteran<br><font color=CC00
If you're honeymooning at WDW, land of the kiddies, why? Why not honeymoon at one the Sandals resorts, where, if memory serves, doesn't allow them.

Thanks,
Diane
:cool:

Hi! Good question!
1. If you go in late September/early October, there really aren't that many kids at all. When we made our trip there in September 2000, we saw many more couples than kids - couples honeymooning, celebrating anniversaries, etc. It really changed the atmosphere.
2. The kids aren't that bad, usually. Unfortunately, for our Disney wedding & honeymoon, we had to go in August, since I'm now a teacher. Yes, there were kids, but they really weren't bothersome (though I will admit I got irked by all of the bathing suit-clad, barefoot kids running through the hallowed lobby of the GF :) And if you dine around 8 or 8:30, at the pricier restaurants, you still get that same mostly adult atmosphere. Yes, we had one evening in Bistro de Paris where a baby wouldn't stop screaming, and his mother (who was wearing pants and a bikini top) wouldn't take him outside. But that is the only time I can remember being truly annoyed at dinner.
3. The atmosphere - despite all the kids, this is absolutely the most romantic place we've ever been to. Where else can you have dinner in a restaurant on a lake, watching a castle change colors? Or see fireworks start exploding over that lake, while the lights in the restaurant dim and When You Wish Upon a Star starts piping through the room? Where else can you go parasailing, golfing, get a massage, get married, go on a safari, eat lunch inside a castle, dance in the beautiful lobby of your hotel to an orchestra, and dine in a restaurant as elegant and delicious as Victoria & Albert's? I think the beauty of Disney is that it can be anything to anyone. It can be that pampered, relaxing vacation. It can be educational, as you explore the exhibits of Future World. It can be exotic, when you watch a giraffe wander past the balcony of your hotel. It can be elegant and romantic, with the castle and the Grand Floridian. It can be rustic, like the Wilderness Lodge. And the best thing is that you can have all that in one single vacation!
4. People are just nicer at WDW. It's true! When we looked around, almost everyone was smiling. People stopped to ask us if we wanted them to take our picture together. Heck, we stopped couples to ask them if they wanted us to take their picture together! On 2 occasions, guests at other tables sent drinks over to us, because we were on our honeymoon. It really is amazing, and the best part is that the guests' happiness means they reach out to other guests in a friendly way, instead of being self-absorbed but happy.
5. You're a prince and princess for as long as you're honeymooning there. We wore the wedding ears, and got the royal treatment from EVERYONE! In fact, we wrote a thank-you letter to Disney afterwards, and had to include the names of 28 different cast members who helped make our trip magical. If you honeymoon at Sandals, you're just one of many, since basically everyone there is a couple celebrating some romantic occasion. At Disney, people talk to you about your wedding, and if you are as lucky as we are and got married at Disney, they are amazed. At so many different rides, we were given our own row, or bumped to the front of the line, or publicly congratulated by the cast member there. At restaurants, we got free drinks because everyone seemed genuinely excited to see us there for our honeymoon.
We never thought once about going on any other kind of honeymoon, or about being married anywhere else. Disney is so special for us, that it would take a lot to even dampen our excitement, and the super-abundance of kids is really a very, very small part of the big picture.
Cheers!
Heather W

I am SO GLAD we are headed to WDW for our honeymoon now more than ever after reading your post hmp!

Thank you!

(and I'm glad we're going late sept/first week of oct now!)

You can ask travel agent or tour company and they'll tell you that Disneyworld is the #1 desination for honeymooners. Why else would they cater packages just for honeymooners!

I agree w/ Heather, everyone is just SO SUPER nice in WDW...even the visitors...we considered taking our honeymoon at one of the islands or the all inclusive trips, but we're not "beach" people and didn' t want to just sit at the beach and stare at the same palm tree for 10 days...(even though now, w/ all 26 inches of the snow we just had, beach and palm trees seem tempting!;) ). But DISNEY was the perfect place for our honeymoon, after all, it is the "Happiest place on Earth", and now, I think one of the most romantic too!

They just make you feel SO special when you're on your honeymoon!!!

And like Heather said, the kids aren't that bad, you just feel like a kid there yourself anyway! :p

Hope this helps convince you!!! PLEASE VISIT WDW and ENJOY!!! ;)

:::Blowing pixie dust on your screen:::::::p :p

Heather,
You made my day!! I have exactly 99 days until I get married and 102 until I'm in Disney for our honeymoon. I cannot wait. We are both really big kids....even though fiance gets annoyed by kids that are unruly. I've been worried about him not having a good time, until I read your post. He'll be fine..... we'll be DISNEY for goodness sakes!!!

WE chose WDW as a vaction and in a twist of pure fate it became our honeymoon.

WE are both kids at heart and enjoyed our trip a lot. For me it was my first trip to WDW and My biggest trill was seeing eeyore. My DH was dragging me to get picture taken with charcters as much as I was dragging him to look at pins. WE had fun and enjoyed ourselves 3000 times more than either of us would have on a beach.

I had a beautiful beach 5 min from my house, I lived there for 22 years and can think of only 6 times I have been there.

My husband and I honeymooned there in Oct. '98! It was the 2nd marriage for both and we had 4 kids between the 2 of us.....but guess what~ we didn't bring them! Nope, we went to WDW without the kids and had the most fun, but most romantic time of our lives!!! We were "two kids without kids" during the day at the parks! At night, we found Pleasure Island to be such a great place...romantic dinner and music at the Pleasure Island Jazz Co, lots of laughs at the Adventurers Club and the Comedy Warehouse! What better place to start the rest of your lives together?!?!? It was a combination of laughter, adventure, fun and romance all rolled into one!

The reason is simple....we are BIG kids ourselves, too! Both DH and I thought honeymooning at the Sandals is boring. What to do there????

Well, we're honeymooning @ Disney simply bc it's disney-to me, it's the ultimate in all-inclusive resorts. At Sandals you have a beach, a pool, and a hotel, right? So does disney. Drinks? Yep. Excitement? yep. Dance clubs and restaurants, a shopping district, entertainment (only for adults, might I add)..but disney's also got a certain magic to it that other places don't have. At Sandals, I can't go from a castle to a wave pool, you know what I mean? And as many kids as there are at disney, you don't really notice them, unless they're unusually cute or doing something funny (like trying to pull off pluto's tongue, or screaming at the top of their lungs because a giant donkey is coming at them). It's a different atmosphere. there's more to do, and personally, I think it's more romantic than any tropical island (I've been to a couple-on the disney cruise line, of course-and I wasn't all that impressed!!). So long story short, Disney wins hands down over any boring ol' beach!:teeth:

We chose WDW because it is just a magical place to us. Cares just float away and we just feel so young and carefree there. There is always something to do... if you want to be alone you can, if you want to go out and have fun, you can. We were there in October for our honeymoon and the place was half deserted (compared to summer months). I think I noticed there were fewer kids than normal there, but because I love children and so does my DH, it wouldn't have mattered. I am a big kid at heart so being around kids never bothers me. The CMs at WDW are just so very nice and I don't think I could have had better service anywhere else. Plus there is no where else I could shave stepped out onto my patio and been able to see the fireworks going off over the castle at night. Just beautiful and magical.

Originally posted by jeank74
The reason is simple....we are BIG kids ourselves, too! Both DH and I thought honeymooning at the Sandals is boring. What to do there????

I whooooooolaeheartedly agree with this!!!!! :teeth:

We're also BIG kids and would have been bored out of our MINDS at a Sandals. :o

We're not even big fans of little kiddies and aren't planning to have any of our own, but that didn't deter us from WDW. Like someone else said, the park was pretty much full of just adults when we went Sept 30 - Oct 7! :p

Julia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter