Just returned - a few notes

Madhatter266

Wants to Live at Epcot
Pros
- Crowd calendars were fairly accurate on most days, and way "off" on others.
- Tour groups were still there but not as bad as when we visited last January. It seemed like there were many international family groups visiting.
- The highlight was the dinner at Be Our Guest. I must say that our meals were fair - but the castle decor and guest experience was great. I hope to be able to do it again.

Cons
-Somewhat confusing ticket entrance lines. After the first day, it went smoothly.
-When are folks going to learn how to walk in the crowd - move to the side to argue with your family - don't stand in the middle of the walkway. When giving directions to others in your group, use words, don't throw out your arm in a "land-ho" point. We actually witnessed an elderly lady get hit in the face by someone who did the "land-ho" arm throw, not noticing that people were trying to move around them.

All in all, it was a nice trip!

Pros
- Crowd calendars were fairly accurate on most days, and way "off" on others.
- Tour groups were still there but not as bad as when we visited last January. It seemed like there were many international family groups visiting.
- The highlight was the dinner at Be Our Guest. I must say that our meals were fair - but the castle decor and guest experience was great. I hope to be able to do it again.

Cons
-Somewhat confusing ticket entrance lines. After the first day, it went smoothly.
-When are folks going to learn how to walk in the crowd - move to the side to argue with your family - don't stand in the middle of the walkway. When giving directions to others in your group, use words, don't throw out your arm in a "land-ho" point. We actually witnessed an elderly lady get hit in the face by someone who did the "land-ho" arm throw, not noticing that people were trying to move around them.

All in all, it was a nice trip!

Welcome back!
I have to say that I am a pointer. I always seem to "talk" with my hands. Oh well.....

Which crowd calendar were you using?

I agree about the ticket lines. Really annoying. I feel bad that I sorta snapped at the poor CM that directed me to the AP/"paper" ticket line. I was in so much pain trying to walk, and I just wanted to go pick up 1 thing at one of the stores. I had to wait in line for 10 darn minutes while the people with KTTW/plastic tickets had no line. Plus getting separated from my friend at every turnstile because we had different kinds of tickets was irritating too.

Heh, my own mother clocks me with the land-ho every time we go somewhere together.

Welcome back!
I have to say that I am a pointer. I always seem to "talk" with my hands. Oh well.....

I hit someone in the face with a butcher block cutting board at Walmart once when I was turning around to show it to my husband. I didn't know she was there.

Since then... we are much more careful!

Stacy

Thanks for the quick update. It seems that almost anytime we go we encounter the large tourist groups. The worst month was probably the October trips. Yet I seem to have fewer and fewer visits where I don't run into one at all.

The one time we did a January visit we never ran into one all week. But that was several years ago......16 or so years ago. I guess January is a popular time for them now? I prefer to avoid the large groups. I just enjoy my time with my family more as there seems to be less stress. Not really sure why that is. I wonder if anyone has ever tracked their attendence to see when good times to avoid going are. It probably changes a little bit every year for groups like Pop Warner or tourist groups.

Srbright said:
I hit someone in the face with a butcher block cutting board at Walmart once when I was turning around to show it to my husband. I didn't know she was there.

Stacy

Black Friday? :rotfl:

Stacy

That would be the ever-popular "Block Ho," Don Ho's lesser-known brother...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter