• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just returned! First Trip on Easter Weekend/Park Vue

Grrr..I put a review up on Tripadvisor yesterday but it still says it's "pending"....can anyone recommend a place to post my gazzillion photos?? Or just several from the hotel for free. I have them all on facebook already. (I'm Rebecca Hallmark in Snohomish, WA. My profile pic is my family & Mickey!)

Becca
First trip to DL/CA Easter Weekend with -
DH - 10 at heart
DD -12
DD - 9
DD - 7

Did you happen to see the World of Color? Did you have tickets or fast pass? Thanks

Yes, VBecky! I insisted on seeing WOC! SO glad I did. I think I enjoyed this and Fantasmic more than any rides. Kids loved it!

Yes! Fast Passes for the show. They are located at the Grizzly River Run which seemed like an odd location to me. There were two shows the night we saw it. Very busy! I'd suggest getting to or just be near Paradise Pier as early as possible in the evening for the best/closest view. Oddly, they never even looked at our tickets..hmm.

You don't HAVE to get FP for the show as you can see it just wandering around Paradise Pier but for optimal viewing, yep, get one :)

I uploaded a video clip on Facebook of WOC yesterday. I'm Rebecca Hallmark from Snohomish Wa :)

Becca

VBecky! We are practically neighbors! I live 20 minutes max from you! It's a Small World...okay, I've had enough of THAT!! :) I have no problem friending you on fb or hooking up/mailing you brochures/pamphlets of EvErYtHiNg!! :)

Did you happen to see the World of Color? Did you have tickets or fast pass? Thanks

Yes! Fast Passes for the show. They are located at the Grizzly River Run which seemed like an odd location to me. There were two shows the night we saw it. Very busy! I'd suggest getting to or just be near Paradise Pier as early as possible in the evening for the best/closest view. Oddly, they never even looked at our tickets..hmm.

You don't HAVE to get FP for the show as you can see it just wandering around Paradise Pier but for optimal viewing, yep, get one :)

Becky:
If you read the superthread check the first post and then skip toward the end of the conversation for the best WoC information.World of Color Superthread.

Loved your pictures! Just one question ... the Duck standing in line at Autotopia ... how's he gonna steer and reach the pedals? :confused3:rotfl:

Kris

Great info. I just booked the Park Vue for my niece and myself for our trip in Jan for the Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon. Glad to hear it is so nice!

Also, I'm from Lake Stevens...how crazy to have 3 of use within 15/20 min apart in WA on one thread! :)

Alright. I uploaded em all - no captions/no editing/no organization..yet!
I'm working on videos now.

http://hallmarkdisney.shutterfly.com/

Thanks soooo much for sharing your pics!!!:worship: It was super nice to see the Park Vue rooms, breaky and pool before we get there! I do have to say though that the bunkbed/queen room is super small!! Not that we plan on spending much time in our room but by golly there sure isn't alot of room. Where did you store your suitcases? I just hope the 4 of us will be comfortable enough - big DH and DS's!!:rotfl: Wondering if it wouldn't be better to switch to 2 queen room but the boys were really looking forward to having their own beds! What are your thoughts? Thanks again for the pics!:flower3:

Those are such fun pictures of your trip!!! Add me to the Washington state group...I'm in Wenatchee. Drive by Snohomish twice a month usually.
We are staying at PVI in June. Really appreciate the pics of the hotel...so excited to be going!!!

Thanks soooo much for sharing your pics!!!:worship: It was super nice to see the Park Vue rooms, breaky and pool before we get there! I do have to say though that the bunkbed/queen room is super small!! Not that we plan on spending much time in our room but by golly there sure isn't alot of room. Where did you store your suitcases? I just hope the 4 of us will be comfortable enough - big DH and DS's!!:rotfl: Wondering if it wouldn't be better to switch to 2 queen room but the boys were really looking forward to having their own beds! What are your thoughts? Thanks again for the pics!:flower3:

Alright! I got a few videos uploaded & weeded out what my kids did! Whew!

Yep, that room was small but manageable. We stored our suitcases to the left of the queen bed between the wall and side table. If they have their hearts set on bunkbeds, stick with it! They are very comfortable pillowtops also and worked for just hanging out/playing on. My kids would just hop on the queen to watch a bit of tv. The boys probably won't be bothered by the size. Not one of my 3 girls complained about the room size! If I needed space to pack/unpack I shipped them off to Cold Stone or the pool. Like you said, you probably won't spend much time in there anyway :) How old are the boys?

Have a great trip!

Thanks so much for including pics of your Park Vue room! We've avoided it since we had a bad (i.e., dirty) experience several years ago. Looks like they really freshened things up--esp. the bathrooms and the carpet--you can actually see the carpet design now!

Alright! I got a few videos uploaded & weeded out what my kids did! Whew!

Yep, that room was small but manageable. We stored our suitcases to the left of the queen bed between the wall and side table. If they have their hearts set on bunkbeds, stick with it! They are very comfortable pillowtops also and worked for just hanging out/playing on. My kids would just hop on the queen to watch a bit of tv. The boys probably won't be bothered by the size. Not one of my 3 girls complained about the room size! If I needed space to pack/unpack I shipped them off to Cold Stone or the pool. Like you said, you probably won't spend much time in there anyway :) How old are the boys?

Have a great trip!

My boys are 11 (twins). We are planning on taking an afternoon siesta and having lunch back at the room daily but other than that, thats about it for time spent in the room!:yay: We could always have our lunch out by the pool or I have heard that there is an outside eating area off of the breakfast room. Perhaps we could use this too, after all it is California in July and after the winter we have had here we need all the summer we can get!:cool2: Thanks for all of your info, it is invaluable!!:flower3:

My boys are 11 (twins). We are planning on taking an afternoon siesta and having lunch back at the room daily but other than that, thats about it for time spent in the room!:yay: We could always have our lunch out by the pool or I have heard that there is an outside eating area off of the breakfast room. Perhaps we could use this too, after all it is California in July and after the winter we have had here we need all the summer we can get!:cool2: Thanks for all of your info, it is invaluable!!:flower3:

I would stick with the bunk beds! :goodvibes I wonder if after a night, you decided you need more space, they could move you?? They were so nice, I'm sure if they had rooms available, they would.

The outside eating area was always open. We watched the fireworks from up there!

Oh, an idea - find gift cards for your boys for Cold Stone Creamery. Most grocery stores carry them. They'd love it after a long day at the park. It is open until 11 on weekdays and midnight on the weekends!

I'm excited for you:dance3:

I would stick with the bunk beds! :goodvibes I wonder if after a night, you decided you need more space, they could move you?? They were so nice, I'm sure if they had rooms available, they would.

The outside eating area was always open. We watched the fireworks from up there!

Oh, an idea - find gift cards for your boys for Cold Stone Creamery. Most grocery stores carry them. They'd love it after a long day at the park. It is open until 11 on weekdays and midnight on the weekends!

I'm excited for you:dance3:

My DH and I looked at your pics again last night of the room and we both agreed that we will stick with the bunk beds! We both thought that it would be more important for them to sleep well rather than have more room! Last time they slept in a queen bed together they spent more time fighting about who's side who was on than they did sleeping!!:headache: Drove us crazy!! Thanks again for your advice! Love the Cold Stone idea! It would defiantely be a great relaxer at the end of a long day! Thanks! I am so excited too!:banana::yay::cheer2:

Thank you for sharing the pictures and I enjoyed looking at them this morning. I'll be at DLR in 3 months and it can't come soon enough.

Great report. Thanks for sharing your pics it looks like you and your family had a great time. I'm looking forward to our trip which I'm hoping will be in the near future. We haven't been in more than a few years.

From another WA gal, thanks for sharing pics! PVI is one of two hotels we are deciding on for our stay late June! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter