Just returned from 11 day BCV stay 06/16-06/27..UPDATED 04/09/10 -COMPLETE FINALLY !

Turtle31

DIS Veteran
We have just returned home from our 11 day trip to the Beach Club Villas as 1st time DVC members on Deluxe Dining. We had an unbelieveable time and ate way to much food. I will be happy to answer any questions along the way. So sit back and enjoy the ride... it was a long one :goodvibes

Here we are :

Picture072.jpg

My Goofy DH, Me (Donna),DS and DD

Last night my wife asked what I wanted for dinner. I said Ribs from whispering canyon. I love the dinning plan and taking my taste buds on a disney food adventure. Sounds like you had a great trip. We were at BCV june 11th to the 19th. It was hot.

Day 1

Today is Tuesday June 16th, we wake up bright and early to leave for Denver International Airport. Our flight leaves at 10:35 and we want to make sure we have time for breakfast at Mesa Verde before boarding our 3 1/2 hour flight to paradise.
We arrive at airport in plenty of time and enjoy 5.00 dollar chocolate milk :scared1:

mesaverde.jpg

While at breakfast my DH makes an announcement: This morning upon getting up he has decided to quit smoking ( which is something I have begged him to do for about 5 years). He threw away his lighter, his cigarettes,his hand sanitizer and he thinks he is cured. Rest assured we will be revisiting this topic VERY shortly. :lmao: His philosopy was that we would be so busy and since the smoking areas are limited he would Magically be able to quit.

We board our plane on time at 10:35

frontier.jpg

The flight was LONG but smooth. We arrive in Orlando on time at 4:45 local time. We decide at this point that we will stop in the airport and eat at Wendy's to avoid everyone starving and being unhappy on the bus.

Next stop :

magicexpress.jpg

We are on our way :woohoo::woohoo:

Last night my wife asked what I wanted for dinner. I said Ribs from whispering canyon. I love the dinning plan and taking my taste buds on a disney food adventure. Sounds like you had a great trip. We were at BCV june 11th to the 19th. It was hot.

HOT does not even begin to describe what was felt at Animal Kingdom on June 21st :rotfl:

We are sitting back and enjoying our ride on the Magical Express. The bus first stops at POR, then we stop at Boardwalk, next Yacht Club and before you know it the four of us are the only ones on the bus ! Next stop, finally Beach Club. This trip is costing us 208 pts and we own 160. Borrowing for our first stay = not a good sign ! :scared:

HWS6-17-09105.jpg

As we get off the bus a very nice CM by the name of Nancy is there, she says did you have a nice flight Bradley ? My son says yes and I wonder "Did I say his name exiting the bus ?" She then says Welcome HOME ******* Family ----- and it hits me .. she has on a headset and they have been waiting for us. I have the biggest smile on my face, this made us feel so special. She then walks us inside and right up to the front desk, she introduces us like royalty to the CM and bows to leave. I am left speechless.

disneyworld2009316.jpg

We are then given a brief run down of our dining plan, have our tickets added to our keys to the world card and lastly our given our room. We are assigned to Villa #422

HWS6-17-09054.jpg

Our plan is to go to the room get changed into swimsuits and hit the pool.

HWS6-17-09103.jpg

The kids and I start to change into swimsuits and DH says he is not swimming. He is acting very pissy now and I think to myself dang we stopped and ate at the airport like he wanted..... then it hits me..... he needs a cigarette already .... We beg him to go swimming with us and he just becomes more irritable. He comes down by the pool with us and I proceed to tell him that he better go get a cigarette before he kills someone. He rolls he eyes, disappears and we go swimming without him. I am a little bummed out but I get over it. I realize very quickly we are not going to be able to handle him quiting smoking on vacation !!

Here is what cheered me up :

disneyworld2009a011.jpg

disneyworld2009a012.jpg

disneyworld2009a008.jpg

disneyworld2009a017.jpg

disneyworld2009a006.jpg

Day 1 : To be cont'd

BCV's is our home resort!! LOVE this report:thumbsup2. We just finished a wonderful BC vacation ourselves in April, so I'm hanging on closely to yours. I can't WAIT for more, and check out my signature, SAB is my happy place!!:cloud9: So what is your home resort btw?

BCV's is our home resort!! LOVE this report:thumbsup2. We just finished a wonderful BC vacation ourselves in April, so I'm hanging on closely to yours. I can't WAIT for more, and check out my signature, SAB is my happy place!!:cloud9: So what is your home resort btw?

Our home resort is BCV also :banana:
When we originally started to plan our journey to Disney World we were booked at the Carribean Beach Resort on the buy 4 nights get 3 free program. Last August (08') we stayed 11 nights at POR- we were on deluxe dining on that trip also and visited The Cape May Cafe,The Yachtsman Steakhouse and Beaches n Cream. We loved the resort but I just kept thinking we could never afford this.... Then I started looking into DVC.
In March my mom passed away,she had been sick for a long while with lupus. She left money for my sister and I. And I knew immediatly what I would do. My mother was the reason I feel in love with Disney.... she even took me and my sister on the Disney Cruise for Christmas one year (I was 14.) I also felt it was a way that my whole family would benefit for years to come. And I knew in my heart it was something my mother would have been so proud of me for doing.
I called up DVC and got connected with Gib McCain. He told me he had a 160 pt contract available and he would call reservations immediatly to see if we could get booked for our June trip. I was keeping my fingers crossed because my original reservation was going to be in the 2000.00 range and I didn't want to waste the money. He called back and :banana: our dates free for a studio for the entire stay. I don't know how in the world it worked out so perfect but it did. (And after the rough start to the year - I needed a break.) I called up and cancelled our stay at CBR and started replanning everything!!! Looking back -- it would have made for one hell of a pre-trip report ! But my family expects me to do other things --- like laundry and cook meals, oh yeah and every once in a while I work too :happytv:

How fantastic, what a great legacy your Mothers gift will give your family!! Looking forward to more!

Glad to see some pics of BCV. We're looking forward to staying there again in October.

I am enjoying your trip report! We leave in 19 days to stay the week at BCV! We love it there! SAB and the walk to Epcot are the best parts of staying there!

OMG, you were in #422! Of all my stays at BCV, that had the most terrific view, especially of Illuminations!

DSCF0363-1.jpg

Did you see get to see Illuminations from there? I was wondering, though, what was the condition of the villa now? I remember that it was the only time I complained to maintenance because the room was so "tired", stains etc. Hopefully the room has been rehabbed (plus this was 2 years ago). But I absolutely loved it and would love to get that villa again. And did you get to see any movies on the beach? That's something I really enjoy at BCV.

Thanks for your pictures! I had the exact same response to seeing YC/BC for the first time, that we never could afford it. We bought into DVC and within 3years we added BCV to our home resorts. I knew that if we ever didn't get into it at 7 months for a whole family summer vacation, it would be very sad.

Enjoy your trip! (OK...I just reread your post, you're home!) Looking forward to hearing more.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Great report so far
waiting hard to hear more
This is my only regret about our DVC that we didn't try for a resale at BCV instead of buying into SSR, never know at the time you could do this but so far we have been lucky to get BCV at the 7 month window

I quit smoking on a trip to WDW in Sept 2004. Cold turkey, haven't touched one since.

Anxious to hear how your husband made out!

popcorn::I am along for the ride. Can't wait for the updates!!

:moped: Here WE GO !!- Make sure to fasten your seat beats - because 'THIS HERE IS GOING TO BE THE WILDEST RIDE IN THE WILDERNESS!! - Sorry couldn't resist !!

How fantastic, what a great legacy your Mothers gift will give your family!! Looking forward to more!

Mom would be proud for sure - it will be a gift that will keep giving smiles to her grandkids (and myself) - for years !

can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

Thank goodness the laundry room is close to the computer !

Glad to see some pics of BCV. We're looking forward to staying there again in October.

I have way more pictures than I thought I did - but now I realize my camera isn't going to cut it. Need a major upgrade ...

I am enjoying your trip report! We leave in 19 days to stay the week at BCV! We love it there! SAB and the walk to Epcot are the best parts of staying there!

The walk to Epcot was amazing ! I think we may even get hoppers next time so that we can eat more dinners in the World Showcase - plus Illuminations is my favorite.

Did you see get to see Illuminations from there? I was wondering, though, what was the condition of the villa now? I remember that it was the only time I complained to maintenance because the room was so "tired", stains etc. Hopefully the room has been rehabbed (plus this was 2 years ago). But I absolutely loved it and would love to get that villa again. And did you get to see any movies on the beach? That's something I really enjoy at BCV.

We did see Illuminations from our balcony - it was so awesome. Except that my sister called from California - with an emergency- Micheal Jackson had died and she didn't know if we had a tv I guess :lmao: When it came to interupting my fireworks - she quickly found out this was not an emergency !!

I would say that the studio was in good shape. Everything worked great and the storage space for all our crap was wonderful. The only very noticable stain was a white splash of sort at the top of the couch back - almost looked like the couch got nicked with a little paint, when some touch up was being done possibly. But other than that no problems. We did get to see some movies on the beach and that will be coming up towards the end of the trip - When we run out of steam at the parks early !!

staying at BCV in 20 days :woohoo:, can't wait to read more:banana:

I will go and be your personal tour guide - just let me know !!

Thanks for your pictures! I had the exact same response to seeing YC/BC for the first time, that we never could afford it. We bought into DVC and within 3years we added BCV to our home resorts. I knew that if we ever didn't get into it at 7 months for a whole family summer vacation, it would be very sad.

Enjoy your trip! (OK...I just reread your post, you're home!) Looking forward to hearing more.

Bobbi:goodvibes

My DH has already said - "We will never stay anyplace else" - And "How do we add more points !" - And he is the budget freak !!

Great report so far
waiting hard to hear more
This is my only regret about our DVC that we didn't try for a resale at BCV instead of buying into SSR, never know at the time you could do this but so far we have been lucky to get BCV at the 7 month window

Thanks for the complement - I am having fun thinking about all the stuff we did. I actually thought about buying somewhere cheaper through resale - but knew that I would have a mutiny on my hands if we had to stay at OKW or SSR (the properties I was thinking would end up saving money.) - plus it was a great point for my DH to see that the value held as far as resale (which I will never do lol ).

I quit smoking on a trip to WDW in Sept 2004. Cold turkey, haven't touched one since.

Anxious to hear how your husband made out!
This will be covered in my next installment !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter