• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Just returned from 4 day trip to WDW and here's where we ate, and ate, and ate!

jabead

DIS Veteran
The highlight of this trip was eating (and drinking) at Epcot's Food & Wine Festival. We had lunch there on 2 of our 4 days at the parks. We tried at least one thing (usually more though) at almost all of the 20+ booths there. Some of our favorites were Ireland, Argentina, and Italy. We also had dinner at Nine Dragons (very good), Whispering Canyon (good), and Narcoossee's (okay). The other sit-down restaurants we visited were San Angel Inn for lunch(very good), Prime Time Cafe for dessert (good because it was fun), and O'hana (very good).

At Nine Dragons 4 of us had the sampler which included appetizers, soup, entree, and dessert. We chose 4 of the 5 entrees and all were delicious. I think our favorite was the Canton Pepper Beef. My 9 yr. old son had the sweet & sour chicken and he liked it, but spent most of the time sleeping at the table as it was our first night there and we had left for the airport at 2:30 a.m. He did however wake up quickly when the waiter brought the ice cream that was included with his kid's meal (lol!).

On our second night we met up with another family that was staying at the WL and had dinner at Whispering Canyon. We were celebrating my daughter's 17th b-day so I had ordered a 10 inch cake from their bakery. The cake was good but not as good as the one we had here on our last trip when we were celebrating my BIL's b-day. Also we had 9 people and we were only able to eat about 1/2 the cake. I had wanted an 8 inch cake (which is what we had last time) but when I called to order it I was told they only had a 6 inch and 10 inch. I didn't feel like arguing about it so I just went ahead and ordered the 10 inch one. Anyway, our meal was good (as usual) - I and 2 others had the meatloaf w/ delicious mashed potatoes, 3 had the chicken, DH had the pork chops, DS had the kid's hot dog, and DD2 had chicken soup and bottomless milkshake. Last time we were here we weren't in the main room but had a very fun waiter so he made up for it. This time we were in the main room but had a dud for a waiter, which was kind of dissappointing since we were celebrating DD1's b-day. Oh, well!

For our third night we had dinner at Narcoossee's. Again we were celebrating DD1's b-day because this time her uncle was with us for the day. We got the 6 inch chocolate cake (that you don't have to pre-order) and it was good but the WC one was better. We were seated about two minutes before the MK fireworks started so our waitress waited until they were over to take our order. We could have gone outside on their deck for a better view, but it had gotten pretty breezy out there so we elected to watch from our table (which was still a pretty good view although not right next to the window). Anyway 4 of 6 of us ordered the filet mignon and it was good. BIL got the salmon and DS got the cheeseburger kid's meal. All in all everything was fine here and we're glad we tried it but probably won't be returning because we don't think it was worth their high prices. Our bill was $200 (including tip) and that was after my 20% DDE discount and none of us had any alcoholic beverages.

Anyway our other sit-down meals were lunch at San Angel Inn, breakfast at O'hana, dessert at Prime Time Cafe, and sushi and drinks at the Japanese Lounge at Epcot.

Our lunch at San Angel Inn was on DD1's actual b-day and this is one of her favorite WDW restaurants. We had a 11:30 reservation and we were the first ones seated in the restaurant. We got to sit next to the water (for the first time in the many times we've eaten here) which was nice and we took some pictures before there was anyone else seated around us which was fun. We all ordered different things and all were very good, as usual. DH and I had our usual frozen strawberry margaritas and they were great. They brought DD1 a free dessert and several of the waiters/waitresses sang happy b-day to her.

Later that day we had dessert at another one of our favorites, Prime Time Cafe. We had never been there just for dessert though and found that their desserts aren't all that great. BTW, the s'mores there are about half the size they used to be. It didn't really matter to us though because we had a fun waitress so we had a good time there anyway.

This was the second time we went to the Japanese Lounge (can't remember name but it's on the 2nd floor of Epcot's Japanese pavilion next to Tepanayaki place and Tempura place) and I think from now on we will make it a regular stop on our trips to the World. The view of World Showcase is great and it is very peaceful and relaxing up there during the afternoon. The drinks (both alcholic and non-alcoholic for kids) were wonderful (I loved mine which was called Tokyo Sunset) and although I don't really like sushi the sushi that we tried was quite good.

Our final sit-down meal was breakfast at O'hana at our hotel on our departure day. The food was very good (especially liked the delicious fruit platter, mickey waffles, juice, and sausages). It was served family-style at your table which was nice. We had a great waitress who even got my kids (including 2 teenage girls) to join in the parade around the restaurant with the characters, which was quite an accomplishment (LOL!)

thanks for the report!

One suggestion..... it might be easier to read if you broke it into paragraphs.... I think I was going cross-eyed trying to read it :earboy2:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I had a question about the lounge in Japan-did you need an ADR or is it a walk in type place?
We are going 26 days :cool1: and I've love to stop in there and have some sushi and some drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter