Just Returned from Cabins...Any ???

chucknrita

Mouseketeer
Just returned from a seven-night stay at the cabins. Tip: Rent a golf cart if you can afford it, but make sure you make reservations BEFORE you get there. I saw a few angry people at the Bike Barn wondering why they couldn't have one of the golf carts just sitting there at the side since no one was using them, and why they couldn't just make reservations on the spot and take one of these "empty" carts (they were reserved for people who already had reservations). Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

Rita

What loop did you stay in? We have requested the 2100 loop and are wondering if this is an okay loop. We did not want one real close to the pool for fear that our 4 year old would end up in the pool without us (she loves the water and will just jump right in :rolleyes: ). How was the new bus transportation? Thanks.

Cindy

We stayed in cabin 2123 in the 2100 loop. It's in the middle section of the loop, not the outside of the loop that backs up to the main road/campground. A one-minute walk to the comfort station with a laundry room, if that much. Very convenient as I did laundry twice while we were there...had to change clothes during the day due to all the sweating we did while walking around the parks! Beware the laundry room: $2 to wash one load and 25 cents for each dryer load but the dryer only runs for 5 minutes at a time. Use the high heat setting or you'll be drying clothes forever! Talk about QUIET - - it was so peaceful at night, we always got a good rest! No next door neighbor slamming their door, no kids running up and down the hallways...my husband met up with a couple while waiting for food at Crockett's Tavern and he said this couple was scoping out the cabins for a future stay. They were staying at one of the All Stars and they said they didn't like all the noise there. I'm not knocking the All Stars though, since I've never stayed there, so don't blast me! I did request the inside section of the 2100 loop before arrival and I got what I requested, but it may be different during the summer when it's a bit more crowded and they may not be able to accommodate your request. Some loops are bigger than others - - I believe the 2700 and 2800 loops had 70+ cabins in their loops so if you don't want to have a long hike into the loops, don't request those particular loops. I did drive everywhere in our golf cart...if you'd like you can e-mail me at cchadric@stx.rr.com for any more specific info about the place.

Rita

P.S. The Character Caravans in the morning were great...my son had Minnie Mouse all to himself one morning because nobody else was there. She grabbed his hand and walked all the way from the bus stop to Trail's End Buffeteria with him. Goofy and Minnie also played around in our golf cart with my son...they spent so much time with my son that he got tired of them I guess and just said "bye" and left them standing there. Goofy pretended to cry...it was too funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter