Just returned from SSR...

loveit

Earning My Ears
and we loved it! I know a lot of people say that it is huge (it is), but I honestly don't think the walk time to the main pool/Artists Pallette is any farther than when we stayed at OKW (in fact, it was shorter being at Congress Park---about 4 minutes we timed it!!) The Downtown Disney walk was 8 minutes--we timed that too!! We truly had a great time!! We loved the resort!! We had a long talk about it, and we have loved EVERY resort so far for totally different reasons. The only DVC resort we have not stayed at yet is BWV, only because we have never been able to get in yet!

I was worried about the main pool being too small, but it is wonderful!! We found that there were plenty of chairs, tables, etc., and this was pretty great being that we were there during Easter Week (April 6-12). The pool itself is beautiful, and big! They had a DJ with lots of games and music Thursday-Sunday, very fun. The Congress Park quiet pool is beautiful too. We took a stroll over to the Grandstand Section and saw that pool as well. The pool area is themed very well, but the pool itself was much smaller than the Congress Park pool. Very cute though!

Artists Pallette was excellent! Very good food. And let me tell you about The Turf Club Bar and Grill Restaurant. Wow, we ate dinner there on Easter Sunday and DH and I absolutely LOVED the food there. It was excellent, I would highly recommend it! DD even asked if she could have the childs pizza without the chicken and have bacon instead and that was not a problem at all. Very nice.

We only had a studio, but the room was very nice. We had a first floor in Congress Park that walked right out to the pool with a view of Downtown Disney. It was perfect!

Did the parks for 5 days, 1 day at Typhoon Lagoon, and 2 pool days. I miss it already!

I would definately stay at SSR again! :yay:

Laura

WELCOME HOME, We own at SSR and agree with you 100%. Don't understand when people complain about how large SSR is, a little walking is good for you and the view is wonderful. Glad you had such a MAGICAL EXPERIENCE try a 1 bed room next time you will be even more excited about your stay.

Thank you so much for your report and review!~

Sounds like you had a great time. AND, you're right, there's nothing better than a DTD view at CP with a walk out to the quiet pool. That's just one of the most beautiful places to be at night with the lights all aglow and reflecting on the water.

Glad you and yours had a great trip and again thanks for the report! :)

~DW:3dglasses

Mikron-we would have LOVED to get a one bedroom, but we reserved at only 2 months out, so we took what we could get!! We realized how spoiled we really are, DD asked "where's the kitchen?"!! DH just looked at me and said, "I do miss the one bedroom!" Oh well, it was still DISNEY!!

Elijahpep- the lights on the water are phenominal, we miss it already!

You've got that right about the night lights. We relocated a few years ago and live in a little bitty town where they roll the streets up around 7pm at night and those lights and the memory of them are what keep me smiling when I get bored here. I sit on that balcony overlooking the night lights and there is where I really enjoy my Disney Magic~
It's one of those, take a mental snap shot views that you can enjoy a lifetime but can't wait to get back next trip to see!~

Glad you also find this endearing about beloved SSR.

My stomache is doing flips!:yay: We are going for our 1st DVC trip to SSR. I am so excited, I can hardly stand it. Sounds wonderfullllll!

My stomache is doing flips!:yay: We are going for our 1st DVC trip to SSR. I am so excited, I can hardly stand it. Sounds wonderfullllll!

You'll have to let us all know about your first trip home and hopefully you'll be doing flips then as well!;) Congrats and welcome home Sanborn!:thumbsup2

You've got that right about the night lights. We relocated a few years ago and live in a little bitty town where they roll the streets up around 7pm at night and those lights and the memory of them are what keep me smiling when I get bored here. I sit on that balcony overlooking the night lights and there is where I really enjoy my Disney Magic~
It's one of those, take a mental snap shot views that you can enjoy a lifetime but can't wait to get back next trip to see!~

Glad you also find this endearing about beloved SSR.

After listening to Boom, boom, of car radios past my house every night all night long your, itty bitty town, sounds wonderful, or that would be sounds wonderfully quiet. :thumbsup2

We love the views from SSR too and actually find it to be the most peaceful and quiet resort at Disney, along with OKW.

DH & I LOVE sitting in the rocking chairs (on the other side of the Congress Park quiet pool) at night and looking at the lights. Romantic and peaceful :love:

No No No.

You are supposed to say how bad SSR is. :)

Glad you enjoyed it.

We are going to try it week after next.

I'm feeling the same way!! Looks like we're arriving on the same day!

I can't wait for our first trip "Home" to SSR!!

Now I feel bad. I leave for Florida May 4 but I'm staying my entire first week at Marriott. I really, really want to go to SSR NOW! (I was overruled on the travel plans.) But I get 8 days there starting the second week.

I just hope the resort can withstand all this positive hype. ;)

AAArrrrrrggghhhh. You guys are killing me! As you know from the SSR owners/lovers thread, I am dying because we leave in 2.5 weeks and we are staying at BWV and I am having my doubts b/c I want to be at SSR so badly!

Glad you loved it!

Man, you got me excited. I am heading back to SSR in early May for a nice relaxing time. Work has been stressful lately so I figure 4 days by the pool, nice walks around the resort (plus a massage or two from the spa) and I should be good as new for my family:woohoo:

SSR has turned out to be the best place for a relaxing vacation. Disney quality next door to the Disney activities, without the Disney hustle and bustle.

The only time we've stayed at SSR it was in a studio in Congress Park and we enjoyed the location too! I think that quiet pool has the most marvelous view. I'm glad you had such a great time!

Bobbi:goodvibes

SSR has turned out to be the best place for a relaxing vacation. Disney quality next door to the Disney activities, without the Disney hustle and bustle.

Here! Here!:drinking1

Love my DTD View:cloud9:

Now you know why I came away from my first trip home loving the resort. I had only just toured it and seen it across the DTD lake before. Meanwhile I had been to Boardwalk and Beach Club multiple times for meals, wanderings and trips into Epcot. But when I stayed at SSR and discovered its peace I was overwhelmed with just how busy BWV and BCV were. It felt cluttered. I was shocked at my reaction.

Sorry 3DisneyKids. I know you and more importantly hubby is kicking yourselves over it. But like I said, you'll just learn a deeper appreciation. I hope you get a really nice view. Kids aren't afraid of clowns, are they?

I'm feeling the same way!! Looks like we're arriving on the same day!

I can't wait for our first trip "Home" to SSR!!

We were supposed to come back to Buffalo on Saturday, May12th:sad2: . Airtran changed our time (only 30 minutes later) and gave us an option to accept or not:idea: Well, I called them and they let me come back on Sunday instead, no extra cost to change the date!:yay: ONE MORE DAY AT THE MOUSE HOUSE! :banana: I hope I can find a place to stay. :rolleyes1 We have already booked all our points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter