Just returned from Vistana/IoA/SeaWorld/WDW

Janann0565

Earning My Ears
I'd be happy to answer any questions about Vistana (Lakes section), Islands of Adventure, Sea World, and WDW. We spent two half-days at Sea World, and one day each at Islands of Adventure, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot. This was our third trip to Orlando in about three years. I rented a car for the entire trip, and we did our grocery shopping at the Publix at Vineland & 192 (thanks to everyone who suggested this nearby store). We loved Vistana, and I would definitely stay there again.

Hi, Janann and Welcome back! :wave:

Was that the resort or the villages? Vistana is on my short list of possibilities for my January!

How were the crowds? Did you get a free next day at Seaworld?

Thanks in advance.

I am interested to know how the Lakes section was .....

was it close to a pool?

how far from the main check in building/general store?

how about the placement of the buildings in the Lakes section were they off of a main road?

if you stayed at Vistana again would you choose the Lakes section or another?

We stayed in the Lakes section at Vistana Resort, and loved it! We were about a 5 minute walk to a pool that was great for kids, which had a beach entry. Walking another 3 minutes would get us to a huge pool. The pool was a little on the cool side, but my daughter warmed up to it with the other kids and had a great time.

We were a long way from the check in building, and I don't know where the general store was located. You might want to check the map on www.vistana.com.

Our building did not back up to a major road, and I had asked in my e-mail for Diamond Lane Check-In that we not be placed too close to a major road. In the early morning when we walked outside, I could hear the noise from a major road, but never saw anything.

We would definitely stay at the Lakes again. It was a very spacious 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit, and was certainly over 1,000 square feet. We had a screened porch with a table and 4 chairs, a washer and dryer, three TV's, and a huge jacuzzi tub. The stove and dishwasher were showing some age, but they worked. I had a problem with the toaster, which was promptly replaced. The timer on the dryer didn't work, so I had to keep track of when to unload the laundry (I didn't bother to report this problem). Other than these minor problems, everything was great.

We took advantage of the Sea World second day free offer. We got off the plane early on our arrival day, and left late. Sea World was a great choice for the arrival and departure days.

The crowds were very light. I think our longest wait was 10 minutes for Big Thunder Mountain at Magic Kingdom! And the weather was perfect. We were there 9/29/01 to 10/4/01.

If you have any more questions, just ask!

Hi Janann0565:

Did you have car? If so, how long did it take you to get to the WDW parks? Was there any traffic? Did you try Vistana's transportation at all?

I'm still trying to decide where to stay in December - OKW or somewhere else!

I'm going to Florida and its an adventure with what United keeps doing to flight schedules!

How was IOA? We want to try at least one USE park on our next trip but I'm uncertain which one. We're not big thrill ride people nor do we like getting drenched but Spiderman sure looks cool! However, we do like simulators which I understand Universal has a lot of.

As for Vistana, was it very far from the parks and how was the traffic?

Did you ride Kraken? That ride is awesome! We rode it this past Fri - the 12th. We had the first row 2 middle seats. Bought the picture as a rememberance.

We had a car, and didn't try the Vistana transportation. It is maybe a half-mile from Vistana to the WDW entrance at Downtown Disney. I didn't try it, but it is probably faster to get to some of the parks by getting in I-4 and heading south. I kind of like the long route just so that I can enjoy seeing all the attractions.

We enjoyed IoA, and this was our second visit to IoA. My daughter went on the Cat in the Hat ride 7 times, and the One Fish Two Fish ride 4 times! There were no crowds at all. The first time we went, I went on the Spiderman ride, which is spectacular. I chose IoA over Universal Studios because we aren't big movie fans.

I didn't get to ride Kraken, and even if I had a chance it would be a complete test of my nerves!

The first time we went, I went on the Superman ride, which is spectacular

Uh, Janann, did you mean Spiderman, maybe???
spidey.gif

Hey!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter