Just returned...have to ask about Fast and Furious

asafko

Mouseketeer
We (my husband and I along with our kids ages 16, 14, and 11) just returned from a Disney/Universal stay. We have always loved Disney and this was our first time at Universal. We loved it. Stayed at Royal Pacific so we really liked having the express pass. Anyway...onto my question...was anyone else very disappointed in the Fast and Furious ride? It was the only ride we waited a long time for so we thought it must be good. None of us liked it. Wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

We (my husband and I along with our kids ages 16, 14, and 11) just returned from a Disney/Universal stay. We have always loved Disney and this was our first time at Universal. We loved it. Stayed at Royal Pacific so we really liked having the express pass. Anyway...onto my question...was anyone else very disappointed in the Fast and Furious ride? It was the only ride we waited a long time for so we thought it must be good. None of us liked it. Wondering if anyone else felt the same way.
It's the general consensus...you are not alone.

Glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise.

If you do a search you’ll see loads of posts about how many are disappointed with it........

Have only seen one or two posts that have liked it........

We did come off the ride and saw one young boy loudly declare it “Awesome”........... he was very young.

Yes, I didn’t get it at all nor did DH Granted. I have never seen the movies but I don’t think that would have helped.

I hadn’t seen any of the movies in the franchise, but you’re correct......even folks that know the movies well haven’t been impressed........

i didn't hate it like many do - it was eh...ok somewhat - but way too short and a little bit of a disorganized mess theme and story-wise.

However, everyone in the packed ride vehicle when I rode it clapped and cheered at the end like they just won the lottery. :crazy2: So I guess some people love it.

I thought it was a lazy effort on UO's part: they're capable of so much more. It was if someone was ordered by the higher ups to deliver SOMETHING by a ridiculous deadline, on an inadequate budget - and this was the result.

Major disappointment especially since we lost Betlejuice because of it, my favorite show.

I haven't gotten back to see F&F yet, but seeing the lack of love for it, I know I will lament that we lost Disaster (and all the other incarnations of that). For decades I liked that Disaster had educational elements of movie making. It made Universal feel like, well Studios.

We had a really hard time getting Virtual tickets for it this week. We finally got to ride it but went in with low expectations and luckily didn't wait very long.
We thought once was enough. Truthfully, we had only seem a couple movie clips for the franchise and hadn't really had much interest anyway. The whole FAMILY theme kind of annoyed me....and I know that's a huge thing with the movies so it was for the ride. The part we liked best was the real TMs at the first two rooms interacting with the film characters. The rest, not so much. I really missed Disaster. :(

We were there last week, came back on Monday. We did the ride twice, had express passes but probably wouldn't have needed them on Sunday. Walkthrough is pretty cool for garage stuff. Seen an identical tool box to one of mine by the blue Ford. Thought the ride was a little slow. I know it's supposed to be a bus ride but sadly only rates a 1 or 2 on intense scale.

We thought it was totally cheesy. I thought the party scenes looked like they will be outdated REALLY fast. It's going to resemble something out of the 80's and need replacing quickly. Typical to find cool new ride technology in Kong and then make every other ride to come for the next few years the same exact ride with a different theme. I really wish they would stop that. One is enough. It's not special anymore if you keep using it. Because of this, F&F was not impressive at all to me. The entire ride was just riding down the highway....I did enough of that on my way to Florida, with almost as much action when you enter Orlando. lol

I liked it. It wasn't spectacular or anything and we didn't end up doing it more than once but my son seemed to like it as well.

Major disappointment especially since we lost Betlejuice because of it, my favorite show.

Yea losing a good show and Disaster as well for this was the worst part of it. Understand changing Disaster since they are going away from the studio aspect, but was hoping they would keep the earthquake part and integrate it into the ride somehow it was always great, and would have made for an amazing practical set piece within the ride.
And while the ride on its own in a blank spot could have been ok (see Kong, felt it was a good ride and it's essentially the same just felt done better still) it is still a weak attraction overall for a franchise as big as Fast and Furious. They should have held off on it for the new park and put in something like Radiator Springs Racers from Disneyland with you riding through show scenes (possibly still using screens if needed) as you travel to a drag race that you enter and then end with you and another vehicle racing around an outdoor track like on RSR. Would have been a perfect fit for the franchise and a great ride for the park that would also be different from what they currently have.

Yes we were disappointed. They just repurposed Earthquake and not for the better. I like the Fast and the Furious, and a much better ride would have been a coaster type ride that simulated the parking garage race in F&F Tokyo Drift. Universal chose to go cheap and unfortunately, it shows.

We thought it was a waste of time. THe garage area was interesting, the live actors good...but the ride itself? We were confused when it was over. It seemed like it was 30 seconds long and nothing much happened. I guess we didn't understand the party scenes having not watched the movies.

Never saw any of the movies and I liked the ride. I thought the garage was nicely done but the live actors were not needed. I guess they have to make us believe this ride is queue-less.

The after party is a diversion to get the witness out alive. Don't forget to look for the car title HP Easter egg in the single rider line.

Never saw any of the movies and I liked the ride. I thought the garage was nicely done but the live actors were not needed. I guess they have to make us believe this ride is queue-less.

The after party is a diversion to get the witness out alive. Don't forget to look for the car title HP Easter egg in the single rider line.

along with with Earthquake and back to the future Easter eggs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter