Just returned June 15-19 OMG Great Trip

walkerd

Earning My Ears
I do not believe I have ever posted on here, but I have been coming to this board, I believe since 2016, which was our last trip to Disney. I felt like I had to come here and leave my experience, since there seems to have been a lot of negative press and opinions about Disney lately. Say what you will, but my trip was perfect. My standards may be low compared to others, I dunno.

Day 1 My family of 5, which is Me, Wife, and 3 sons ranging from 16-5, had reservations at Disney All Star Music. Admittedly, this is the first time in my life, out of 4 or 5 trips to Disney, that we ever stayed on property, so we had been very excited about that. On our drive to Orlando, All Star Music resort calls me, and says that we have been upgraded for free to Art of Animation Resort, and we were given a Cars suite, which we enjoyed so much. The theming is top notch in every way, and it warmed my heart.
Day 2, went to Universal Islands of Adventure. Rode everything we wanted, except Hagrid's. The ride went down after a storm around 5:00, and never returned to service, I was so pissed. I've been waiting for years to ride Hagrid's. Nevertheless, we exited the park, and played some cornhole for free at the CityWalk, and got some Voodoo Donuts, so I calmed down, lol.

Day 3 was Epcot and Animal Kingdom
I'm on the only one in my family that has been to Epcot and I was like 4 yrs old. None of us had been to Animal Kingdom, so we were all excited. I was up at 6:45 and grabbed a VQ for Guardians. We rode Spaceship Earth, surprisingly, I still have fuzzy memories of riding it when I was 4. Spectacular ride, still in 2023. My 9 year old is a space FANATIC, so he was super geeked during the ride. Went to the Mexico Pavilion, and my wife and I had 3 Marg doubles, and some lunch. Enjoyed a ride on 3 Caballeros, and went straight to Guardians. By the time we got on Guardians, we were TWISTED lol, and therefore I don't remember what we did after that 😆. We hopped a bus and got over to Animal Kingdom, and did the Safari, and Expedition Everest twice. We didn't ride much here, we were moreso enjoying the zoo aspect. The park is gorgeous and we had a wonderful time.

Day 4 was Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios
Once again, up at 6:45, and grabbed a VQ for Tron. I got boarding group 1, so apparently I'm an expert at this already lol.
We did a lot at Magic Kingdom, because we had Genie + this time, and we were pretty much done there by 1. Wifey had been adamant about getting her Dole Whip, so her and my sons got their Dole Whips, then we headed over to Hollywood Studios, and we ate, chilled, and rode whatever we wanted except Slinky Dog. The last thing we did was Savis, wifey and I built sabers. So dope.

I don't want to bore y'all with all the details, but the jist of the story is, we had a flawless time, and I want to thank every Disney employee for what they did, my kids will never forget this trip.

Last edited:
Bore us? Lol, this board is all about the details! Sounds like a nice trip, and great upgrade!

Our first few trips we didn’t spend a lot of time in Epcot. Now it’s 1 or 2 complete days every trip, and it’s even been the park we chose on 1 park day trips. We can spend a whole day in World Showcase, easily.

Idk how you rode Guardians after those drinks in Mexico. :crazy2: I was a little queasy on it just after a small breakfast!

I forgot to mention, Rise of the Resistance was only a 35 minute wait when we rode in the evening, around 6 ish. We had some really good luck with ride times on this trip. I had always heard the wait times were ridiculous, and I saw the time get up to around 55-60 minutes.

Bore us? Lol, this board is all about the details! Sounds like a nice trip, and great upgrade!

Our first few trips we didn’t spend a lot of time in Epcot. Now it’s 1 or 2 complete days every trip, and it’s even been the park we chose on 1 park day trips. We can spend a whole day in World Showcase, easily.

Idk how you rode Guardians after those drinks in Mexico. :crazy2: I was a little queasy on it just after a small breakfast!
I'm famous in my family for what they call a "cast iron stomach".

Sounds like a great trip! You seemingly hit a lull in attendance, to your advantage. Glad you came away with a positive memory of your trip.

Wow- what incredible pixie dust you received. Talk about a fantastic upgrade. I am so glad that you shared your experience. It speaks to some of the magic returning.... So nice to hear. You really got a lot done in the time you were there. Kudo's to you and the family for your great organization and/or endurance😉

Wow- what incredible pixie dust you received. Talk about a fantastic upgrade. I am so glad that you shared your experience. It speaks to some of the magic returning.... So nice to hear. You really got a lot done in the time you were there. Kudo's to you and the family for your great organization and/or endurance😉
Endurance is definitely a key word here. Even in my most comfortable shoes, my feet were hurting. I think all of our feet were hurting. 3 days of theme parks is definitely my max.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter