Just saw B&TB...

Peter Pirate 2

<font color=red>I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I
Reading the thread on Beauties possible departure we went and saw it today.

The Belle actor was one who has been there for many years and has a beautiful, beautiful voice, even if she no longer looks 16. The Gaston actor was fantastic as well! Great voice, much more funny ad libs than I'd seen before and a great stage presence!

I understand the show is long running and people do tire of things BUT the Tangled production had better be SUPERIOR in order to replace Beauty, which is a Disney classic. Tangled, though it was good is not destined to even approach classic status.

This doesn't mean I won't be rooting for Tangled to be great, I will be, but Disney had better not screw the pooch on this or I'll really be ticked!

I didn't know they were making a Tangled production! I've truthfully never seen Beauty and the Beast at HWS... I wish I have, especially considering it's supposed to be leaving... do you have any idea when it's stopping and being replaced?

I've been in love with Tangled ever since first seeing it in theatres. I've always loved the movie Beauty and the Beast as well. How long has the show been at HWS? I feel like it's been at least a decade.

Guess I better make sure to see B& TB this trip. Gotta convince all my boys or sneak away by myself!

Has it actually been confirmed that Tangled is replacing B&TB?
It does make the most sense out of all the rumors floating around... Since Belle will have her own area in New Fantasyland! :)

I doubt it's been confirmed but the big thread on these pages got me worried (especially all the support for Tangled).

I hope B&TB doesn't get replaced. We absolutely adore the show and it's one of the few reasons we go to HS at all (alongside Journey of The Little Mermaid and Characterpalooza when it's on) We don't like Tangled or Rapunzel either but I know many other people love the movie and the characters.

I enjoy Beauty and the Beast and Nemo and Festival of the Lion King and Aladdin at DCA as much as the next Disney fan but there's no reason why they have to run as long as Phantom of the Opera on Broadway (26 years and counting). Why not bring in new shows every 5 years or so and REVIVE the oldies from time to time?

I enjoy Beauty and the Beast and Nemo and Festival of the Lion King and Aladdin at DCA as much as the next Disney fan but there's no reason why they have to run as long as Phantom of the Opera on Broadway (26 years and counting). Why not bring in new shows every 5 years or so and REVIVE the oldies from time to time?

You know?, I could go along with this.

I quite like the B&TB show but It is just so damn hot in the theater since it's outdoors and the fans don't do ****. Move it indoors and let it be.

It's a question of quality in both performance and music though isn't it?

B&TB's music (and the other shows mentioned) are unparalleled in quality, what could legitimately replace them that would have such broad appeal and wouldn't end up as souless?

That they would move this show to the new Fantasyland and include it as a dinner performance in the B&TB restaurant. Theycould have 2 to 3 shows a night (depending on the dinner hours)!! Make it somewhat interactive like Hoop-de-doo Revue.

Imagine, when they do the song "Be Our Guest", the actors moving through the restaurant with their carts of "treats" and stopping at a table or two and pretend they are "serving" you. :banana:

That they would move this show to the new Fantasyland and include it as a dinner performance in the B&TB restaurant. Theycould have 2 to 3 shows a night (depending on the dinner hours)!! Make it somewhat interactive like Hoop-de-doo Revue.

Imagine, when they do the song "Be Our Guest", the actors moving through the restaurant with their carts of "treats" and stopping at a table or two and pretend they are "serving" you. :banana:

Actually not a bad idea ... Just imagine the prices they could charge for the "food".

Peter Pirate 2 said:
Actually not a bad idea ... Just imagine the prices they could charge for the "food".

This would be awesome but I probably would have to make this ADR at least 181 days in advance...lol

Wow.. I believe an Aladdin show (for example) would KILL..

But what do I know.

Wow.. I believe an Aladdin show (for example) would KILL..

But what do I know.

Certainly Aladdin would be great, that is one of classics and is FANTATIC at DCA. The problem is replacing the older classics with the new stuff, which aren't musically very great nor are the films destined for classic status, IMO.

Peter Pirate 2 said:
Certainly Aladdin would be great, that is one of classics and is FANTATIC at DCA. The problem is replacing the older classics with the new stuff, which aren't musically very great nor are the films destined for classic status, IMO.

All this business about a Tangled musical -- seems... "forced" -- the film didn't have the reception of Aladdin, BATB, Lion King etc.

Gut feeling.. could be wrong, maybe it'll be amazing.. but.. probably not for this guy.

CanadianGuy said:
All this business about a Tangled musical -- seems... "forced" -- the film didn't have the reception of Aladdin, BATB, Lion King etc.

Gut feeling.. could be wrong, maybe it'll be amazing.. but.. probably not for this guy.

Actually Tangled did quite well at the box office. Also did well with merchandise

Huh? I like it!! We never miss B&TB... Me and my daughter love Gaston's actor - very funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter