• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just saw Brave

Just saw Brave last night...definitely my least favorite Disney movie so far. The story was missing something or a few things..can't quite put my finger on it. It was visually stunning, but I TOTALLY agree with a PP..the mother-into a bear-"thing" was completely bizarre and didn't work.

I think the movie could've done completely without the triplets and half of the fighting scenes. My favorite part of the movie is when she is in the forest shooting arrows, and them in the river with the salmon. The witch was a cool character too..but they could've put her in a lot more scenes to make it worthwhile to me.

This one rates down there with "Around the world in 80 days" and "Treasure Planet" just very underwhelmed. As much as Cars 2 was disappointing..I'd see that 10X more than I would Brave...just my .02

- Merida is a great princess. Definitely is a good role model for girls, that girls are just as good as guys and her message was she didnt want anyone deciding how she was going to live her life.

I think the more important thing is that it wasn't forced in any way, she felt like an actual person, it didn't feel like an "Okay we need to put in a strong independent woman who don't need no man" afterthought like they did at the end of Tangled.

I saw at least one poster on here say they saw it with a 4-year-old. How was it from that perspective? The PG rating has me a bit scared off for now. I'd rather wait a year than have my DD covering her eyes, but if it's not that intense then I'd like to see it in the theater.

I saw it with a four year old. There was one part (HUGE BEAR) where she covered her eyes probably for one minute at the most. She absolutely loved the rest of it! :goodvibes

Saw Brave...again! It was just as stunning the second time around. I am seriously obsessed with the whole movie. Merida's hair, the scenery, the wee little bears...GAH I love it so much!

And I saw the Pizza Planet Truck! I was so excited to find it.

WHERE did you find it?! I was looking for it!!!!! I will see it again in theaters on the cruise!! :goodvibes

I saw at least one poster on here say they saw it with a 4-year-old. How was it from that perspective? The PG rating has me a bit scared off for now. I'd rather wait a year than have my DD covering her eyes, but if it's not that intense then I'd like to see it in the theater.

I went yesterday with DD4 and niece 3. There were parts that were intense and in opinion, only a few moments that were truly scary - I felt my fault for not really looking into what the story was about before taking them, especially my niece, as she was a last minute addition to joining us. There was only one part where my DD was really scared but we had "greenie" a/k/a her blankie with us and she just hid her face in it at that time. She's watched a lot of Disney movies so she's come to understand everything with Villans and the scary parts so it wasn't too bad. My niece I think is still young enough where afterwards it didn't affect her (she just turnedc 3 5 days ago).
At the end of the movie DD4 declared that she "loved it!" She liked Merida even before seeing the movie and likes her even more now.
There was one part that I wasn't crazy about where a bunch of bare behinds were shown on the men and DD did question that and I had a hard time explaining (although she thought it was silly)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter