• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just saw Brave

Here's a cut and paste from the Community Boards of what I posted about Brave.

<<<I thought that the animation was brilliant! As far as the overall quality (general storyline, etc.) when compared with other Pixar movies, I place it solidly in the middle of the pack.

Did you see the Pizza Planet truck? I know where it was supposed to appear, and I *think* I had a fleeting glimpse of it. I looked for other Hidden Mickeys (the ball with the star hidden in some way, A 113, etc.) and didn't see any. I think I saw a nod to UP at the end of the film.

The triplets reminded me of Huey, Duey and Louie, but that was a stretch of my imagination and not a true Hidden Mickey.

If you go and see the movie, stay all the way to the end of the credits.

We liked La Luna.>>>>>>>>>>>

I loved it. I have been looking forward to this film for months. I finally have a Disney character that I can relate to, so I am pretty excited about (Merida).

The visuals/animation are stunning. I went for 3D and some of those shots looked like actual film rather than CG. I loved the music--just downloaded the soundtrack. "Touch the Sky" is a great song.

I bawled my eyes out, however, because the contentious relationship between Merida & her mother definitely reminded me of my relationship with my mother, so there you go.

Everyone in the theater was engaged, laughed a lot, and even applauded at the end (which is kind of unusual).

Also, I LOVED La Luna. I think the animation was beautiful, and the story that was told in just a few minutes was charming.

I took my DD-4 and my mom to see the movie in 3D last night. I liked it but I didn't love it. Certainly not my favorite Disney or Pixar movie. I can't quite pinpoint what it was missing for me. Maybe it was because it wasn't a musical though I do love Finding Nemo which isn't a musical.

Regardless, it is a lovely mother-daughter story that resonated with my daughter. My mom also really enjoyed it. And I liked that the movie featured a heroine who is not interested in a boy. Nice change of pace.

Here's a cut and paste from the Community Boards of what I posted about Brave.

<<<I thought that the animation was brilliant! As far as the overall quality (general storyline, etc.) when compared with other Pixar movies, I place it solidly in the middle of the pack.

Did you see the Pizza Planet truck? I know where it was supposed to appear, and I *think* I had a fleeting glimpse of it. I looked for other Hidden Mickeys (the ball with the star hidden in some way, A 113, etc.) and didn't see any. I think I saw a nod to UP at the end of the film.

The triplets reminded me of Huey, Duey and Louie, but that was a stretch of my imagination and not a true Hidden Mickey.

If you go and see the movie, stay all the way to the end of the credits.

We liked La Luna.>>>>>>>>>>>

The A 113 was in the scene where Merida was giving her speech about tradition and legend to everyone. Look to the right of the bear. It's on the brick wall. :thumbsup2

I saw Brave today and enjoyed it a lot. It seems more of a "Disney/Pixar Hybrid" to me - sort of like Pixar saying, hey, let's see what we can do with a "Disney Princess" movie, then putting their own spin on it. LOVED the score and the voice cast. It's not my favorite Pixar - that's still "Up" - but it's a lot better than it is getting credit for. I understand the grade "B" reviews from critics who don't think it lives up to Pixar's most daring/original projects, but it does not deserve the "rotten" reviews some critics are giving it. I will say, it makes me really want to meet Merida and the wee Bears at MK!

One comment - I know I watch WAY too much Phineas and Ferb, but... Merida's griping early on about how her little brothers get away with everything and never get in trouble, and later her trying to convince her skeptical mother that there really WERE will o' the wisps and a cottage in the woods, they were right here! totally made me think "heh, she's Candace of Scotland!"

Oh, and I'm starting to look forward to "Wreck It Ralph" - the adults in my audience were laughing out loud at the old video game references, and Jane Lynch cracks me up.

I saw Brave with my DD-5 today and I absolutely loved it.
I actually enjoyed the fact that it was not a love story. The animation was absolutely stunning. I laughed so many times, but I also had to fight the tears from the time mama bear protected Merida from the other bear until the end.
I can't wait until it comes out on DVD. It is now one of my favorite Disney movie.

I saw it today with DH, my almost 9 year old DD and my 5 year old DD. We all loved it. I loved that it focussed on the mother/daughter relationship instead of the typical love story.

I loved it too. I loved that it was a mother/daughter story, and that it wasn't about her having to find a prince or anything. It was really sweet, and the scenes with the dad were hilarious.

And I loved Merida's hair! Finally, our first messy-haired princess! :thumbsup2

Saw it yesterday, thought it was great. Loved the music too. I imagine a lot of reviews were given because they expected something more toy story/monsters inc comedy fest. While they threw in the humor (especially with her brothers...oh I'd hate to be responsible for keeping them in line :lmao:), it wasn't the primary focus of the movie. I imagine it wont be the last time we see her be it on tv or another movie either.

I saw at least one poster on here say they saw it with a 4-year-old. How was it from that perspective? The PG rating has me a bit scared off for now. I'd rather wait a year than have my DD covering her eyes, but if it's not that intense then I'd like to see it in the theater.

Just got back from seeing it. I thought it was a gorgeous film and funny in that clever Pixar way. I thought the story was inventive, too. Although I don't have kids, I could definitely see how some parts of the movie may be too intense for young audience members. There were a few scenes that were even a bit violent for me (and I'm 34!). Oh, I though La Luna was so cute!

- Merida is a great princess. Definitely is a good role model for girls, that girls are just as good as guys and her message was she didnt want anyone deciding how she was going to live her life.

:thumbsup2 I totally agree!

This looks really neat! I love Pixars animated movies.. :woohoo: :3dglasses

I saw at least one poster on here say they saw it with a 4-year-old. How was it from that perspective? The PG rating has me a bit scared off for now. I'd rather wait a year than have my DD covering her eyes, but if it's not that intense then I'd like to see it in the theater.

I think it really depends on if your DD scares easily or not. It wasn't overwhelmingly scary- but my 5yo cried at one point, I think more so because she was worried about mumma bear getting hurt. She also spooks easily too.

I took my 4 year old niece yesterday. She said she only liked the good parts, but didn't like the "really scary parts" ... and she did sit in my lap and cover her eyes a couple times when the very big scary bear was on, he was pretty intense. I was a little surprised she liked it as much as she said she did, she talked about Merida alot after the movie when we went out to eat. My impression though was that Brave is for a bit older kids, 6 or 7 and up.

I'm actually looking forward to Brave. One of the times I'll be seeing it is with my 2 year old cousin. I don't know if she will like it.

Saw Brave...again! It was just as stunning the second time around. I am seriously obsessed with the whole movie. Merida's hair, the scenery, the wee little bears...GAH I love it so much!

And I saw the Pizza Planet Truck! I was so excited to find it.

Saw Brave...again! It was just as stunning the second time around. I am seriously obsessed with the whole movie. Merida's hair, the scenery, the wee little bears...GAH I love it so much!

And I saw the Pizza Planet Truck! I was so excited to find it.

Ack! I missed that one. I was paying more attention to where John Ratzenberger might pop up, and I'm pretty sure I know which character he was. I also very much enjoyed the film, and liked it a lot more than movies like Wall-E or a Bug's Life. La Luna was also very sweet.

Ack! I missed that one. I was paying more attention to where John Ratzenberger might pop up, and I'm pretty sure I know which character he was. I also very much enjoyed the film, and liked it a lot more than movies like Wall-E or a Bug's Life. La Luna was also very sweet.

A little hint: the truck is in the witch's cottage!

I also liked La Luna!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter