Just saw CNN report about Shanghai Disney opening today - huh???

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
They were allowed 30% capacity by government, but decided to stay at 24K to start. They said they "sold out" for that amount quickly. This is were I am confused about the whole limited capacity thing, since tickets are purchased long in advance, and/or are part of packages, etc. around here. Do they not do that in Shanghai?

Attendees had to have temp checks and another health verification checked on their phones, that I am assuming is a Chinese public health thing. Also - NO CASH TRANSACTIONS.

Of course we won't know anything for Orlando yet, but so far the ideas put forth, although important for all as far as public health goes, really limit how we would enjoy a Disney trip. Would we be able to only go to parks at night, or will they be at capacity early? Can we use our Disney dollars and gift cards, or will everything have to be connected to your Magic Band? Can me amble up to a counter service place and just order what hits us at that moment, or will it all be Mobile ordering in advance.

All petty concerns at this point, as I know folks are hurting for work and food, and others are fighting the sickness.

Can me amble up to a counter service place and just order what hits us at that moment, or will it all be Mobile ordering in advance.
You can mobile order at any time. Usually dd and I order, wash our hands, get our ccondiments, napkins etc and then get a table. Soon after we get the text order is ready.

SO it is just as "at the moment" as walking up but no waiting in a long line.

The rest ? Not sure.

So weird. Right when we get to the age that we don't have to bring any kids with us, and we want to just relax, walk around and experience all the Christmas decorations and whatnot, it looks like it will be more of a planned out trip - just like we used to do when our kids were young (emphasis on the rides and not all the entertainment in the parks, with well planned meals/snacks, etc.). Those trips I used to plan out to a tee and execute like a general. Wanted to be "retired general" for this trip - haha

Going forward, for however long park capacity will be capped, they will probably have to require reserved park admission. I imagine they will set up a system wherein existing park tickets can be applied to reserved ones, likely offering an earlier reservation window to those staying onsite or holding an AP.

I strongly suspect the system will stick around for some time even after the occupancy restrictions are eased. Disney has been drifting in this direction already.

I read somewhere that Shanghai Disney doesn’t sell tickets far in advance like we do here! They only sell a couple weeks out on a normal basis! Of course, not everything you read is true, but just passing along what I did read!

I read somewhere that Shanghai Disney doesn’t sell tickets far in advance like we do here! They only sell a couple weeks out on a normal basis! Of course, not everything you read is true, but just passing along what I did read!

Was just listening to the Bob Chapek CNBC interview, he said most tickets in Shanghai are sold within the week.

Emphasised they will be conservative, slow and steady.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/05/11/watch-cnbcs-full-interview-with-disney-ceo-bob-chapek.html?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter