Just say... (dining plan query)

disneyat40

Earning My Ears
Hi all
I have booked DLH for one adult for our upcoming trip and plan to add my husband and kids when we get there.
Just say I want to buy a half board meal plan.. Is there a problem buying it for 4 if my room is only booked for one adult or are these 2 separate matters?
I was planning on asking the call center CM to buy the dining plan next time I ring to pay money off the trip but how will I manage it do you think? Is there another way to buy the dining plan?

Thanks!

a meal plan can only be added to a booking for those included on the package booking (and you have to add the meal plan at least 48 hours in advance of check-in date). A meal plan is an addition to a package booking - you don't get it with room-only bookings, and you won't be able to add a meal plan for 4 people when theres only one adult on your booking.
Dining plans at DLP don't save you much, if any, money at all.

You will get better value and more flexibility by putting the same amount on a prepaid CC and using it tobuy meals. Disney's exchange rate sucks and if you have a meal plan you feel obliged to eat at restaurants in that category even though you might just want a main course.

Thanks for that. Anenome love that idea! The reason I wanted the meal plan was to have it paid for before we go. You are in Ireland aren't you? Can you recommend a pre paid credit card to get? I don't think O2 do them anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter