• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just started looking : Do Class C or anything actually sleep 7?

We have a 31.5 foot class C that probably technically sleeps 7, but comfortably? Probably not. Ditto teh suggestions to poke around Hershey, especially good advice to do it without kids in tow if you can. Even Hershey with one 11 year old a couple of years ago was not as thorough as it would have been just DH and I (and we weren't even shopping for an RV, but still...)

As for test driving: unless you're looking at super C, you'll likely be on a Ford Econoline chassis (I'm excluding the Transit and Mercedes chassis since they're the smaller C's)...anyway, the best way to test drive IMHO is to just go rent a Uhaul on an E350 or E450 chassis for $20 and drive it around town. You'll be able to do a lot more real test driving than with a dealer, if you can find one that will let you test drive before getting really serious to begin with. I find ours really easy to drive, and very comfortable on the long hauls.

Another thing to keep an eye on is Cargo Carrying Capacity. Once you get the whole family in there and the gear/clothes/food etc., you will be adding weight pretty quickly. Some of the C's with multiple slides don't leave a ton of CCC.
May I ask what yours is ?

What about the no Lemon Law?

May I ask what yours is ?

Ours is a 2008 Winnebago Chalet, it had been a rental unit (that's the Chalet badge, the model is actually an Access). We bought it in 2013.

Since we bought it used, I don't have an answer on the lemon law question. We're fans of buying used - let someone else take the depreciation hit and work out all of the warranty bugs the first couple of years. But you do need to do your homework on what to look for and what to walk away from when shopping used (new too, for that matter)

Lemon Laws vary by state and can/will change over time, based on the whim of your state legislature. I wouldn't go into purchasing an RV based on whether it is covered under a Lemon Law. Most manufactures and dealers will go out of their way to address issues. Despite what you read on the i'net, not every RV/car/boat/house/appliance/'insert other here' is terrible and will cause you nightmares. The horror stories get the most attention (or grow lives of their own). 99.x% of us do fine and never have to worry about a buy back.

j

Hope you don't mind, but 2 suggestions I didn't see posted. Stand in the shower and act like you are taking a shower. A friend of our bought a TT and has to open the shower door to actually soap up. Also I know it sounds weird, but sit on the toilet and make sure you aren't "cheeks to the wall"
Enjoy the show at Hershey, it's awesome

We have a 32 FT Class C which sleeps 7 has one slide out. At Disney we have had up to 8 people, sleeping in our RV. The back bedroom has a queen size bed which my daughter, granddaughter who is now 8 years old and I sleep on. The table is the horse U shape so it's about a full size bed but a little bit longer. We had one tall adult (six ft) with his child (8 year old) sleep there. In fact my husband and I, both slept on the table before. The couch is small and I would say two children would be just fine on it. I've slept on the couch with my granddaughter when she was 5 years old. The couch was really soft. My husband loves to sleep on the couch without even making it into a bed. Now to me the over the cab bed is larger and longer than the queen bed or at least seems as wide as the queen size bed but longer. My Grandson who is 18 years old and his friend same age has slept on it. So the RV can sleep 7 or 8 depends on children or adults. I love my RV if I could change anything it would be, that I wished I had known about the super class C, as it can carry more weight. We usually bring a car, if my husband is coming down to Disney with us. We always have tag along with us. If you say you're going to Disney you will get tag along. I think it okay at Disney to have 7 or 8 people, as you spend more of your time at the parks, so you not on top of each other. We also love being outside most of the day, so we are using the RV mostly to sleep in or watch TV. We even cook outside all the time. I've never used my stove inside the RV. You have three small children, so you would be find with having your parent go with you and your small family. If you decide that you may like having an RV, I would go look at them and try them out. Make sure you try out the toilet to make sure they are tall enough from the floor, as some are small and you want to be comfortable. Try out the shower to make sure you have enough room to take a shower, as some are small. I would laid in all the beds, by making up the table, couch and over head cab. Some of the beds may need a form topper. As far as driving the class C, I love it and didn't think I would ever drive the RV, but it's like driving a truck. I for one was afraid to drive even a truck, but I don't mind driving my Class C. I rather drive the RV than my mini van. So if I can drive a class C anyone can. My husband took me out driving it for one day, and since then I drive everywhere. Now Winnebago didn't have a rail to lock the children in place, in the overhead cab but the Coachman does. Now that my granddaughter is 8 years old, she wants to sleep in the overhead cab, so this last trip I brought a rail for bed and we hooked that up and it does keep her safe in the bed. Honestly I think once you get out looking and see what you like, you will know if this is for you. If you like camping in a tent, you will totally enjoy it in the Class C. I don't even want to drive a three hour drive in my mini van, as I would rather take the RV.. lol..

I also have a Class C. 32 ft. I have a full length super slide on one side. queen bed in back. bunk beds in the slide. dinette makes a bed. sofa makes a bed. queen bed on overcab. 7-8 easy for me if some are kids. i also pull a small car. find the floor plan that works for you and test EVERYTHING on it before you purchase it.

Access to the bathroom was a requirement for both my TT and our new Fiver. Fridge access is nice, but we always have a cooler in the truck with us for lunch and a drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter