Just Twiddling My Thumbs Waiting for Star Wars Nite Tix

Does anyone know if you have to use the email on your Disneyland app to buy the tickets? I want them linked but want to use a different email to buy them.

I was in the virtual queue this morning at 8:42 and had tickets for May 7 purchased by 9:15. The initial wait time said 19 minutes, then fluctuated up to 30 minutes before coming down. This was insanely easier than I was expecting, and much easier than getting Throwback Night tickets last year. Wheeeeeeeee!

As of 10:45 am PST, tickets are still available for all dates, which really surprises me. Does this mean that there are more tickets available than last year, or that some kind of pricing threshold has finally been met?
Last year there were 4 nights, this year there are 8. If there are still tickets available tomorrow, then I would suspect they've started pricing people out, or they haven't added enough new features to keep people coming back.

As of 10:45 am PST, tickets are still available for all dates, which really surprises me. Does this mean that there are more tickets available than last year, or that some kind of pricing threshold has finally been met?
Doubling the number of parties helps immensely. Especially for a popular theme such as, but not limited to, Star Wars. Having tickets sell out immediately sounds fun in theory for Disney, but it also means that the guest who discovers next Wednesday that Disneyland is having a Star Wars Nite party and would have attended and possibly made a multi day and/or multi person Disneyland trip out of it will choose to not come at all.
Last year there were 4 nights, this year there are 8. If there are still tickets available tomorrow, then I would suspect they've started pricing people out, or they haven't added enough new features to keep people coming back.
Hopefully, they've found a much better balance between supply and demand. Sold out tickets are sold out tickets for Disney, but with doubling the number of party nights this year, I have to expect that they clearly saw demand last year well in excess of available supply. I wanted to attend last year, but life got in the way and I completely forgot about ticket sales until after it was too late to buy one.

Obviously, Disney wants these special event parties to sell out. But I honestly think they would prefer it if they can have supply and demand set about right so that you do not have to be online the instant tickets go on sale or risk being shut out entirely.

In 2018, I was set to attend Disneyland for 2 days with my little sister and her family. Then I discovered that Star Wars Nite tickets were still on sale for the last party 2 nights before my planned arrival. I was able to reconfigure my schedule, book 2 more nights at a hotel and came for the party and also got an extra day in Disneyland.

Special party features do matter a great deal, but at the same time I have attended 2 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parties at Disney World and 1 Star Wars Nite at Disneyland. I enjoyed all 3 parties immensely, but in every case, I left the party having really enjoyed myself, but also knowing that there were many party features I wanted to experience, but did not have the time for.

We've gone the last two years but I didn't bother buying this time. I love the costumes, music, and short ride lines but they didn't add enough other things of interest for us to feel compelled to go a third time.

Ugh! When are they going to go on sale? I looked back at my receipt from last year and I purchased Feb. 23. It starts a full 2 weeks earlier this year, so shouldn't they be going on sale like, now?

In full disclosure, I haven't entirely decided if I'm going, but I want to see prices. DH really wants to go again, but we'll have the kids with us this year, and I'm not sure I can stomach/justify the price of 5 tickets:crazy2: hoping the madolorian hotel is not just a rumor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter