Just upgraded to Coronado from Pop, good move?

Another chiming in that I like CSR! It's probably the only moderate my deluxe-loving husband would be willing to stay in. It's pretty nice, the updated rooms look much better than the old ones. The pool is awesome, and the lake in the middle is beautiful at night.

I'm the one voice of dissension. I hated CSR when I stayed there. I'm a Mod girl at heart (I'm booked at POP for August for now but hoping for enough of a tax return i can justify upgrading to CBR), but between the two (and if for some reason CSR is the only thing left when I make the decision) I'd have stayed at POP over CSR.

I just spent my second trip at CSR in October. I really liked it except for the food court. That's what will hold me back from ever staying there if we have resort days built into our plans.

Right on! Coronado Springs offers one of the best food courts, the Pepper Market, and the nicest pool of all the moderates. It's also the priciest of all moderates. ;)

I prefer the Value Resorts over the Moderates. I guess I don't spend enough actual time at the Resorts to appreciate the Moderates. I have stayed at all the moderates, but once I discovered Pop Century, I will always stay there instead of a moderate, because at my age(68), it is less walking, and cheaper of course. For people who use the amenities of the resorts, I'd definitely say Coronado is worth the additional $40 per night, rather than staying at Pop. My stay at Coronado was in December of 2007, before they refurbished. My next visit in 4 days, will be my 3rd consecutive visit to Pop. I really wish that I could afford the Contemporary. That is my favorite resort.

We love Coronado. The bus transportation was the best we ever had. Love the pool and pool bar. Also love sitting at the bar by the lake. I only came here with my DH though, so no kids at this resort. The best thing for us were the beds. They were so comfy, not hard at all. I like Pop too, but their beds were so hard the last time we stayed there. Also the beds are smaller. I would definitely stay at Coronado. Have a great trip!

I've been struggling with this same choice. I've stayed at both resorts, and love them both. For me, the queen beds at CSR are a huge plus, as is having a door between the sleeping area and the sink area.

I think the jump from budget to moderate resorts is well worth it. You are going from tacky 4 story multistory motel buildings surrounded by with cheesy plastic "statues" serving for theming, and cramped double beds, to nicely landscaped, picture-esque classy looking resorts, QUEEN size beds, some better dining options- for just a little bit more per night.

We LOVED Coronado. We liked it better than the contemporary. It's beautiful, has a great food court, great sit down restaurants, coffee shop, and the grounds really had a wonderful feel. We loved just walking around at night.

CSR should be called a "modeluxe" resort. It has one of the biggest pools on property with the longest slide of the mod pools. It has THE biggest hot tub on property. It's the only mod with a fitness club and hair salon. It has two table service restaurants (Las Ventanas and Maya Grill). There is a very nice main quick service (Pepper Market) along with hot meals available at the pool bar (Siestas Cantina). There are two lounges (Laguna and Rix), and one more grab-n-go/bakery type QS option (Rix Cafe). And if you stay Business Class, you can add in the private Coconino Cove lounge which provides continental breakfast in the mornings, and snacks, wine, beer, sangria in the evenings.

You'll be very close to Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot. In fact, you can see some of the higher fireworks from IllumiNations from CSR. You'll also be within spitting distance of Blizzard Beach and can see the top of Summit Plummet from the resort. So it has a great location. It's touted as having the best bus service on property.

So. Yes. I think it's a good choice. I've never stayed anywhere but CSR though, so I cannot really speak about the other resorts. I'm sure they're very nice too.

I called about something unrelated and mentioned that I've never been to a resort that wasn't value aside from a wilderness cabin and she was like hmmmm.

Definitely a good choice. Coronado Springs is a great resort. Good dining options and a great pool area. I think you'll really enjoy your stay.

Our first 3 trips were to CSR and we loved it. Great resort, great pool. Our last 6 trips have been to the Poly but we still miss the pool at CSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter