Just wanted to thank everyone!!

flynnmnstr

Mouseketeer
I posted a note a couple of weeks ago about wanting to purchase a used Maclaren Major Stroller. A bunch of you guys suggested I try to get a script and go through my insurance. We had just switched from our regular pediatrician to a developmental pediatrician and we found out that they have had a lot of experience in this area.

I just got my approval letter today from our insurance company. I am so happy. We are going to Six Flags in two weeks- I don't think we'll have it by then, but we definitely have it for trips to the zoo, Natural History museum and of course Disney at the end of the summer.

Thanks again everyone!!

By the way we did not need a PT eval, just a prescription from the doctor and a letter of medical necessity.

Though the insurance company approved it; our deductible is so high the stroller is going to cost us over $500. Way over our budget. I was so excited last week and now I am just so upset.

I hope to find a used or refurbished one to purchase some time soon. Let me know if anyone comes across one for sale.

Thanks

That makes me very angry about unsurance companies - they have their "approved vendors" and often the price is really inflated thru the approved vendor, so you end up paying more in deductable than you would pay if you were able to buy it somewhere else.

Here's a link to adaptivemall, which has a Maclaren Major special needs stroller on sale for $466
http://www.adaptivemall.com/mainbug.html
They may be able to elp you with funding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter