Just wondering...is there a chart to know when you can start calling??

beattyfamily

DIS Cast Member
I could swear when we first bought into DVC there was a chart on a website that you could plug in when you wanted to go and it would tell you when you can start calling.

Is there such a calculator or am I imagining things??;)

I'm not aware of a chart but it's 11 or 7 months from the date you will checkout. If that day falls on the weekend or holiday when MS is closed, you can't call until the next day they are open.

Example: Reservation for check-in May 7 and check-out May 10 at Home Resort. Day to call is June 10. If you want to call day-by-day the first day to call is June 8. For a non-home resort the days are Oct. 10 and Oct. 8.

Another scenario to further illustrate the booking window. If you want to make a reservation where you check out on the last day of the month, you sometimes have to wait a little bit longer to call MS. The best example of this is a vacation where you are going to check out on February 1st. Since you need to have a room on the night of January 31st, the earliest that you can reserve this day is February 31st of the previous year. Whoops. There is no February 31st. So you actually have to wait until March 1st to call MS in order to reserve January 29, 30, or 31st. You got that? I'll put it another way. (NOTE: I am not taking into account the fact that MS is closed on the weekends)

Desired Date / Earliest you can call MS
Jan 28, 2002 Feb 28, 2001
Jan 29, 2002 Mar 1, 2001
Jan 30, 2002 Mar 1, 2001
Jan 31, 2002 Mar 1, 2001
Feb 1, 2002 Mar 1, 2001
Feb 2, 2002 Mar 2, 2001

You can see that if March 1st falls on a Saturday, you might have to wait nearly a week in order to reserve rooms near the end of January. Of course, this is the worst case scenario due to the fact that February has so few days. But I hope you get the picture.

Perhaps we DO need a piece of software to figure this out.

Actually Towncrier, that's not correct. You can make a reservation for any checkout on Jan 28th, 29th, 30th, or 31st all on the prior Feb 28th (or 29th in a leap year). Disney originally had a glitch in the computer that gave you funny dates like you posted, but they've fixed it now. I had the same problem when I was putting this into the Excel vacation planner program I wrote. It took a special routine to make it work right.

If anyone hasn't seen the planner yet, it's free for download. Check out this original post: Click Here

Anyway, to quote the "Member Guidelines for Disney Vacation Club"

The corresponding date is the date of check out for the desired reservation; if check out is to occur on June 25th, then the corresponding date is the 25th. If there are no dates that correspond directly to the reservation check out date, then the last day of the month is when reservations may be requested. For example, a Member who wishes to check out on January 31, xxxx may request that reservation on February 28, xxxx.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter