• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kadani vs AKL main building

Heatherd2013

Earning My Ears
hi can someone help me with the pros and cons of these? Also how far is the walk from Kadani back to the main building?

It's about a 5-10min walk depending on where you are in Kidani. We had a great view of the savanna there but I think I would have preferred to stay at Jambo if I'd had the option - next time I'll be going with young kids so think Jambo will be better. It's just closer to the amenities.

take taxi !

Taking a taxi would be crazy!!! It is 2 different buildings of the same resort complex

AKL Jambo House, is the original Animal Kingdom resort. It now has regular hotel rooms and DVC Villas. Kidani is the addition to the resort built specifically to be all DVC Villas.

How far... imho too far. Kidani was fun with our large group and we did love the pool/bar/villas etc. but we lucked out with the villa locations.. some are soooo far. And it feels rather removed from everything. Really removed! Even the bus rides "felt" pretty long..

We ve stayed both, prefer Jambo for location... feels like ur less removed, nothing prettier than Jambo main area, the entire lobby area is breathtaking. The amenities were better. We ve done both villas (5th floor at Jambo) and regular rooms and despite what can be a long walk within resort depending on savannah/room location... ( last visit another free UPgrade, so we ve lucked out that way) it just feels more Disney immersed... if that makes sense at all. Just a feeling I get when there.
Wherever you end up, enjoy!

We just got back from our stay at Jambo - Jambo has the more impressive lobby, more restaurants (Boma, Jiko and Mara which is QS) and better shop.
BUT for kids the Kidani pool is MUCH better.
DS is 4 and not into big water slides. Kidani had a small water slide perfect for ages 1-5 and an AWESOME splash pad. Also has a bigger slide. Jambo is just a big pool and one slide.
You can use both pools if staying there, but with kids is easier to use closer one.
DS kept begging to go back to Kidani pool.

Both Kidani and Jambo have a playground and hot tubs.
Kidani has Sanaa which has wildlife viewing from the restaurant. They offer QS breakfast now, but no other QS at Kidani.

With small kids I would pick Kidani.
For adults I would probably pick Jambo.

We're staying at Kidani in December and I'm so excited.
I've also heard wildlife viewing is better from Kidani.

Both have activities where you earn little beads. DS loved them!

The walk probably took 10 min. I used the stroller for DS or it would have taken forever. Lol.

The DVC villas in Kidani are larger than the DVC villas in Jambo & the 1 br.s & up have an additional bathroom at Kidani. In Jambo the DVC villas are located on the 5th & 6th floor, at Kidani they are on all floors - so if you want an eye level view of the animals from a DVC villa choose Kidani as at Jambo you'll be looking down at them.

And don't forget the floors. We're staying in a 2 bedroom villa, so we prefer the lower floors of Kidani (all 2BRs at Jambo are on 5th floor)

It's our home resort and we love both buildings! The last time we stayed there our kids were 5 and we had no problem shuttling back and forth for the pool or a restaurant or to do the fun kids' activities that earn them beads! Like the rooms at Kidani better, but our room was super close to the pool and Mara at Jambo which was great! Now that we've stayed at both I'd honestly be happy at either every time. The shuttle is constant, we've never waited more than a minute or two. Have fun and I'm sure you'll like either one!

Thanks for all the input. I was considering kadani for the pool we have little kids and they would love the small we slides and splash area! Is there a shuttle between the two buildings? We stayed at beach club last time and had no problem walking to the board walk or Epcot so if it's alone those lines I think we will be fine to walk

Is there a shuttle between the two buildings? We stayed at beach club last time and had no problem walking to the board walk or Epcot so if it's alone those lines I think we will be fine to walk

Yes, there is a shuttle.

The buses typically also stop at both buildings. Usually, park buses stop first at Kidani while Disney Springs buses stop first at Jambo House.

The walk is probably similar to boardwalk/BC - unless it's scorching hot or raining, it's not a bad walk.

Here is a link to more reading if you are interested:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/kidani-village-or-jamba-house.3575037/

Thanks for all the input. I was considering kadani for the pool we have little kids and they would love the small we slides and splash area! Is there a shuttle between the two buildings? We stayed at beach club last time and had no problem walking to the board walk or Epcot so if it's alone those lines I think we will be fine to walk

So you are clear if you choose to search for more info, the name of the DVC only building is K I dani-Kidani, not K A dini - Kadini.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter