"kahuna family" @ Blizzard beach

dpratt68

DIS Veteran
Hi

I have been told that at Blizzard Beach each day they choose one family to be the "KAHUNAS". This family gets in first and gets priority seating...Does anyone know how to become the Kahuna family???

It's like any other "first family" or "grand marshal" designation at Disney -- it's simply luck of the draw. If the right CM happens to see you at the right time, you'll be chosen. There's no way to guarantee your choice, but your odds are definitely better if you're a happy family having a good time at WDW. Crying kids, arguing parents and non-smiling faces need not apply!

:earsboy:

Originally posted by dpratt68
Hi

I have been told that at Blizzard Beach each day they choose one family to be the "KAHUNAS". This family gets in first and gets priority seating...Does anyone know how to become the Kahuna family???

Just curious, where do they get priority seating at and for what? Are they announced anywhere? We always get there pretty early and I have never seen this.

Originally posted by dpratt68
Do we need to arrive extra early???
It doesn't really matter. It's totally random. They do make the choice early in the day, obviously, otherwise the "Kahuna for a Day" thing wouldn't be nearly as attractive. But even being the first ones through the gates will not be an automatic choice. There is absolutely no way to guarantee that your family gets the designation. (Although ... the harder you look like you're TRYING for it, the less likely you are to actually get it. Just as with the parade Grand Marshals, Disney likes choosing people who would find it a total surprise as opposed to people who seem to be campaigning.)

:earsboy:

We were the family back in June. It was great--we thought the park opened at 9 so we got there at 8:30. THere were a couple of other families there shortly after us. WE were just having a conversation with a CM and he was flirting with my 5yr old daughter and asked her if she would like to open the park. That being said there were probably 50 people there when we were picked. They let us enter the park 10 mminutes before anyone--they gave us comp. towels, a free refillable mug, a medal for my daughter, private seating on the beach--it was 4 chairs, an umbrella and table--blocked off from others. The even let her decide the type of waves for the wave pool. She and my sin got to announce the opening of the park. My kids still talk about it till this day.

Piggett74, that was a nice memory for them, I know and a nice experience. Thanks for the sharing that with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter