Kali rapids and dinosaur ?'s

KristinaB1024

Mouseketeer
like i've said in a previous threads im a big baby when it comes to drops and fast outta control anything like a rollercoaster type rides...ive never been on either of these 2 rides...i finally got up the courage to go on Pirates of the Caribbean last year and i didnt think it was sooo bad that i wouldnt do it again, im thinking this year i wanna go on maelstrom since alot of people have put my mind at ease...im wondering if the drop on kali rapids is on the same level as pirates of the caribbean or if this is way scarier? and does the dinosaur ride have any drops? people say its scary but is that just because of the dinosaurs and loud noises cause ill be ok with...

Maelstrom has a slight drop. I've been on that once and I thought it was weird and boring, but go for it if you like trolls! :lmao: I don't remember Kali because I'm a baby too and have refused for a while haha. But Dinosaur isn't too fast and it doesn't have drops. It's a little wicked and bumpy sometimes and the dinos are definitely loud and in your face.

Dinosaur moves pretty quickly but no drops like a roller coaster. You are in a car that moves and can dip and rock and stuff. Kali is probably one of the tamest and shortest rapids rides I've ever been on. It's my 9 year olds favorite ride. Just one medium size hill/slide at the end. It's no biggie!

Kali's drop is small...if you're on the side towards the bottom you'll get more wet...its more about the water than the drop, so if getting wet doesn't bother you, I would definitely do that. Dinosaur is a great ride! My mom doesn't do thrill rides at all (she's been on BTMRR once) and I got her on Dinosaur. It wasn't her favorite, but she handled it. There is one small hill I think, but its more just jerky like you're in the jeep. I would definitely try them...they're both fun rides.

Kali's drop is a little bit more that POTC but not bad at all. Dino is just jerky and the dinos are scary. It took me years to keep my eyes open. :laughing:

Go on Kali River Rapids. The ride is pretty tame and the drop is not really long, just be prepared to get wet! It's not really a "possibility" it is more of a "certainty"!! :laughing: Especially if you are the unfortunate one to go down the hill backward!!! :woohoo: Dinosuar is another matter. As mentioned above, there are no drops, but the ride does toss you around a bit! You may feel al little battered by the end of it. Also, the ride is pretty loud! This of course helps to crank up the fear factor. :scared1: I've been on it several times, but don't count it among my favorites.

Doug

From one ride chicken to another, please hear me! Do Dinosaur and do Kali! I do not, not, not like drops and the tummy tickle feeling is terrifying for me...but Kali River Rapids and Dinosaur are two of my very favorite attractions. You can do it. You can. They are not scary in a tummy tickle way!:thumbsup2

From one ride chicken to another, please hear me! Do Dinosaur and do Kali! I do not, not, not like drops and the tummy tickle feeling is terrifying for me...but Kali River Rapids and Dinosaur are two of my very favorite attractions. You can do it. You can. They are not scary in a tummy tickle way!:thumbsup2

thank u...that makes me feel alittle better...i remember last year i stressed out the who time about pirates of the caribbean up and until the drop was over, when it was done i was mad at myself for stressing out so much and not enjoying it...

I too hate drops. I had to go on the Triceratops spin with ds because dh can't do spinning rides and I can't do heights. Sick trumps scared every time.

HATED that ride.

Although Tower of Terror is actually one of my favorites--go figure. I think it might be because I'm fully enclosed.

I think at one point Dinosaur has what I would call a "small drop" but it is certainly no larger than the Pirates drop.

The Kali "drop" is really more like a slide than a drop. It's not a steep angle and you're not going fast.

The Dinosaur drop is fast, however. And the entire ride is unbelievably jerky.

I think at one point Dinosaur has what I would call a "small drop" but it is certainly no larger than the Pirates drop.

The Kali "drop" is really more like a slide than a drop. It's not a steep angle and you're not going fast.

The Dinosaur drop is fast, however. And the entire ride is unbelievably jerky.

I asked this exact question about Dinosaur. The cars run on a completely flat surface. The car can move up and down maybe 3 to 4 feet.

The "drop" is a combination of the car tilting forward as it moves forward quickly and then it flattening out so yes its drop but not in the traditional sense.

At Kai its much smaller than I remember. Last week when I road it, I had a view backwards after the drop and saw its about 20 feet long and maybe 7 feet tall with a very shallow angle. I'm thinking about the same as PoC. I think it seems more because of the abrupt stop at the bottom.

Out of the two, I have only done Kali and I love it! I'm am such a big chicken too. I HATED Goofy's Barnstormer but wanted to try it just once. I love the drop on Kali. So fun! It's one of those things that you just want to ride again and again! Definitely fine for us chickens. :)
God bless,
Amanda

those 2 rides are good ones if you want to do something exciting but you're not a roller coaster person. The drop at Kali is not scary at all - probably comparable to Pirates. Dinosaur ride is jerky, but no sudden drops.

thank u...that makes me feel alittle better...i remember last year i stressed out the who time about pirates of the caribbean up and until the drop was over, when it was done i was mad at myself for stressing out so much and not enjoying it...

I really do understand. And trust me, you get more of a tickle on Pirates than Kali. Dinosaur has no scary drops or anything, just fun Dinosaurs jumping out. Have fun! :cheer2:

I'm an incredible ride chicken. I get nervous before PotC every single time, because of the drop. I normally love the circle raft rides at amusement parks, and when we visited WDW during warm weather for once (our usual trips are in Nov & Jan), I said I wanted to do Kali. My DH, who knows how much of a fraidy cat I am, went with me.

Now...everyone who is saying it isn't that bad of a drop...for me, it was HUGE. I don't normally do anything like that. And get this, we're spinning as we get to it, so I'm backwards and don't even realize it's coming. I'm just thinking happy little rafty ride, wet, waterfall, yay!...and then we're waiting at a gate. I wonder why we kind of stopped, so I look behind me and I was like "OMG!" I look at my DH and start screaming at him that how dare he not tell me...and then the gate let go and down we went, SWOOSH. I hated every millisecond of it. My heart was racing so fast that I pretty much missed the rest of the ride.

Then, I got off...and nearly immediately demanded that we go again. :) On the same trip, I decided I was up to trying Thunder Mountain...and I conquered that one. TM is one of my favorite rides now. The last time I went, I barely got the twitchies at all.

So, my point is, it is a drop. It is not Splash Mountain or anything like that, though. It is still far more of a drop than that type of ride normally has. In addition, that's about the only excitement on the whole ride. Whereas I will happily go on Thunder Mountain again, I'm hesitant to do Kali, just because the drop is pretty much all there is, and that's not what I enjoy about that type of ride.

Not to betray my WDW love, but if you happen to be going to Universal IoA on the same trip, the Popeye's Bilge Rats Barges is the BEST of that kind of ride (circle rafts) that I've ever been on (and, as it's one of the few ride types that I consistently ride and my DH loves going to amusement parks, I've been on lots of them), and Popeye's is also the wettest! It's a million times better than Kali, and there's no drop to it.

Dinosaur is more like you are being battered around than dropped- I'm a chicken exit kind of gal, ut I love Dinosaur- even tho we've never been able to buy the picture- I always seem to have my head buried behind my husband. Because those dinosaurs are real, thank you very much.

I'm totally scratching my head reading these because I just do not recall a drop on PoTC or Maelstrom. :confused3

I asked my husband and he looked at me puzzled before replying, "there was no drop, just a change in elevation."

If I can't remember these, maybe I should stop being so chicken and try Splash Mountain after all. I dunno... *that* looks like a heck of a drop! :scared1:

I'm totally scratching my head reading these because I just do not recall a drop on PoTC or Maelstrom. :confused3

I asked my husband and he looked at me puzzled before replying, "there was no drop, just a change in elevation."

If I can't remember these, maybe I should stop being so chicken and try Splash Mountain after all. I dunno... *that* looks like a heck of a drop! :scared1:

Well a drop does involve a change in elevation so yes there is a drop and there are more people than you can imagine that hear drop and only think Splash drop. :scared1:

My husband was being facetious. ;)

He meant the drop was so little he didn't consider it a drop at all.

Especially when one compares those to drops like Splash Mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter