Kali River Rapids in winter

MarcyMouse

Mouseketeer
How wet do you get on this ride during the colder winter months? I don't want to miss the ride, but if it's a chilly day should I count on still getting pretty wet?

How wet do you get on this ride during the colder winter months? I don't want to miss the ride, but if it's a chilly day should I count on still getting pretty wet?

I have ridden Kali many times and have noticed that when it is cold you do tend to get less wet. (I think they turn some of the water jets off!) I would probably be tempted to buy a poncho and take the risk!!

Absolutely soaked. You may not get too wet, depending on your position on the raft but most likely you will get hit with torrents of water. Don't worry though, Disney will sell you a towel and complete change of clothing as you exit the ride :lmao: we only do this is warm weather, right before we are leaving AK.

I went on it one time when it was chilly out and I ended up buying new shirt, socks and I even think pants/shorts because it was takling too long for clothes to dry and I was cold...Disney made extra money on me that day. Also as othe PP said, chances are your fel will get wet - no poncho can stop that so if you brave to go, you may want to take your socks off before doing so or b prepared to buy some new ones. The wet isn't that bad. it's the fact that when it's chilly or cold out it takes longe for it to dry and your very uncomfortable and cold.

You get just as soaked in winter as you do during summer. Though often times, they do close it, as they do Splash, for refurb. Other times, when I have been and it's too cold to operate it, they delay it's opening until later in the day.

You can ride this ride and only get a little wet. If your side of the boat gets under one of the waterfalls, however, you will be soaked to the skin. I have seen shivering blue people exit this ride on cold days - there's a reason it has sch a short line in the winter.

They do have a "cold weather mode" that the ride gets put in from time to time when it is cold. Less water flow on some water falls and jets, and an overall slower tempo to the river.

that being said, there are some drops that cant be adjusted and you still run the possibillity of getting soaked.

As far as keeping feet dry, I've had good luck putting my feet up on the little ring that surrounds the middle of the boat (below where you put cameras, etc. to keep them dry). This keeps my shoes out of the pooled water at the bottom of the boat (there is a drain but it doesn't drain the water immediately), and any water that splashes onto the outside of the shoe from the river dries off pretty quickly, and my socks stay dry.

For the rest of your body, ponchos really do work well except for lower legs and feet.

I have literally NEVER been on this ride. Everytime I am there its either closed for the day or due to rehab, it never fails haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter