• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kallie went to Rainbow Bridge

mrsstats

<font color=blue>Sure sister's cat is as big as a
Very sad day for me and DH today. We had to send our 16 year old Chihuahua to the Rainbow Bridge today. For about the last 2 years we were dealing with her declining health and her senility issues. Over the last few days the side of her face swelled up and we decided to take her to the vet. But before going we had the talk about her quality of life. She was no longer the dog we brought home. She would get lost in corners, could no longer see, her hearing was going. You could not pick her up without risk of her biting.

After speaking with our vet we did decide it was time to let her go. No more suffering, no more not knowing where she was.

We will miss her.

Been there done that 3 times so far. Never easy. :grouphug:

You did the right thing, and what a wonderful,loved life you gave to Kallie.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is a hard decision to make, but sometimes it is the best one when they really do not understand what is going on and are unable to comprehend that we are trying to do things "for" them, but not "to" them. Having recently experienced the loss of our family pet after 18 years, I completely understand the sadness and heartache you are feeling. My sympathies go out to you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. We just had to do the same thing with our Chihuahua. We had two of them, we lost one of natural causes and then a month later we had to let the other one go. It was the hardest decision of my life. I understand the sadness you are going through and feeling. :grouphug: to you and your DH during this time.

I'm so sorry. These things are never easy, but you were strong when she needed you most. :grouphug:

I am so sorry. We had to put our 13 year old down in January so I know what you are going through.

I'm so sorry... I have a chihuahua that I adopted just over a year ago. She's 9 or 10 and is my very first experience with this breed. I love her so. She is battling cancer and we are touch and go right now (she just started radiation). I haven't known her long but can't stand the thought of losing her. I can't imagine how you feel right now. I wish I had words that would help with the pain, but I do not. Only time will help. Time and beautiful memories.

You made a tough decision based on what's best for your doggie. You did the right thing, it might not feel like it right now..but you did:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter