Kama passed away

Sorry, I deleted the picture, after thinking about it, I wasn't sure her husband would want it here...and I want to ask before I post it...

TOTALLY understood. {{{hugs}}} to you Bonnie.

I had such fun with Apollo, Simba, and Kama. A wonderful lady who is missed by so many. Whenever I see Apollo I think of her and it makes me smile.

lol...that's because she took notes. She never wanted to offend anyone or make them think that she hadn't respected what they said, so she would write down the important points she wanted to respond to. I teased her about this, but it is part of what made her a great friend. She was just that interested in what you had to say that she would write it down so that she didn't miss responding to you....:)
I recall that about Kim very well, Bonnie. She was one heck of a special lady.

And so nice to see some of the 'old-timers' here, stopping by to share their memories of Kim. Real nice.

Seeing so many saying such lovely things would make Kim smile. To say I will miss her would be an enormous understatement. She will live forever in my heart.

{{{hugs}}} Bonnie.

So sorry to hear this. She was so kind and funny... One of those people who made the dis a special place to hang out at night after the house got quiet. My prayers will be with her family & friends.

I just heard about her today; I remember her as well and I'm another one who thinks of her every time I see/hear about Apolo Ohno. Her family is in my thoughts.

I didn't "know" her or interact with her often enough, so I am sorry all of you have lost a friend. :hug:

Oh no! I hadn't sen her around the DB for a while, but I didn't know she ws sick. That is too bad. I hope her family is holding up well. :sad1:

I definitely remember her Apolo posts! Always made me smile. I am so sorry to hear the news. Prayers for her friends & family.

I am going to have to ask my DS if he still has all of those letters he and Kim's son sent back and forth as pen pals! I keep chuckling about how Kim and I would complain about the kids not being that into it and we would make them write these long letters to each other!

I was just informed of her passing by a fellow DISer while we were at WDW this week, I'm so shocked and so sad. :(

I had the pleasure of meeting Kim and Cam at WDW one time and she was indeed just as sweet in person as she was on the boards.

Sending prayers for her family.

I definitely remember her Apolo posts! Always made me smile. I am so sorry to hear the news. Prayers for her friends & family.

I am too, saddened to hear about her death.....what a cruel Disease Cancer is, may she be at peace, and anytime I see Apollo I always thought of Kama.:sad1::sad1:...Faith

For those of you who may remember her, Kama lost her battle with breast cancer this weekend. She was one of the original YaYas, and one of the founders of the Duct Tape Protection Patrol if any of you remember that. She is also the one that was over the moon about Apolo Anton Ohno.

Kimmy, you are missed, and your legacy of love lives on in the hearts of your friends.

It is National Breast Cancer Month. Please support your favorite cancer charity so this nasty disease does not continue to dim the lights of some of our brightest and best loved souls....

:eek: OMG - we used to post plenty of pix of "the 'Ham' "....some of the original Ya-Ya's will remember that....prayers to her family :hug:...I'm speechless right now.

I am so sorry. I'm just reading this now. Of course I remember Kama, and her love for Apollo. How sad. I guess I've been here on the Dis way too long. So many DIS friends have passed in the last 11 years.:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter