• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Karen Killilea

I just re-read "Karen" a few months ago! It is one of my "keepers" on my bookshelf that I have had since childhood. Thanks for the update on the family.... interesting!.................P

I read "Karen" years ago and somehow misplaced the book and would look for it often in bookstores, the library, etc. I did an internet search recently and finally came across some info. So weird to see this thread show up!

Funny that this thread should pop up again. I've just returned from visiting my sister and BIL in New Orleans, where she told me about Karen's passing. My sister has read and reread the Karen books, and followed whatever she could find about Karen in the news. She said it was Karen's comments about leaving the crutches behind and choosing to use a wheelchair that gave her the courage to do so, too. She also said similar things- that although a wheelchair always seemed to signify giving up, it actually increased her independence, strength, and energy for everyday life and experiences- the same things Karen found.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter