• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

KathiK-input for driving to Maine

msdis

DIS Veteran
Just thought I would update since we are now back. We made a stop at HH on the way home and when we left we started on I-95 about a 100 miles to I-26, to I-77, to I-81 to I-84 to I-90, to I-495, to I-95 in NH. This was the absolute best way to go. Hardly no cities, no ugly industry, no ***quick*** which way do we go's, less traffic, fewer lanes; beautiful, scenic rolling hills, magestic mountains, and lots of farmland. There were just as many rest areas and the signage was well detailed. I will never go I-95 again. I guestimated about 50 miles longer overall. Not a bad trade off for sure.

Thanks alot for your input. I contacted AAA and they mapped out a route that shows going north on 95 til Fredericskburg, VA. The route 17 to 81 to 84 and into New England. I think I will compare what you did to that route 17 one. It looks like both ways will definately help to avoid all that I95 traffic in July. Thanks again. If anyone has used this route 17 I would be interested in hearing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter