Keep Calling--It Works After All

SidneyCrosby

Earning My Ears
Yesterday morning, I woke up very early to check for my free dining pin. Alas, nothing there. So, I called around noon, and the CM (a man, and not very happy sounding--I'm sure that it was a long day for all) told me that I have nothing on my account and asked if it was in my email.... I said no, and he said that I'd get an email if I had a pin.

So, I called back at night and got a nice, female CM who seemed to be in a better mood. I asked and, out of nowhere, I had the FD pin! I was booking at Caribbean Beach, so it was only for FD. I upgraded to Deluxe (just for the versatility, now that I'll need to blow 2 on Le Cellier), and it still saved $450 from my vacation.

All in all, I got 7 days and 6 nights in late June in a standard view at CB with two 7-day park hoppers and deluxe dining for 2580. :banana:

I don't understand how so many here are able to get multiple PIN offers yearly while others never get anything. Something is screwy.

I have never gotten a PIN either and I have done everything they recommend on here and I have been staying on property for years.

Yesterday morning, I woke up very early to check for my free dining pin. Alas, nothing there. So, I called around noon, and the CM (a man, and not very happy sounding--I'm sure that it was a long day for all) told me that I have nothing on my account and asked if it was in my email.... I said no, and he said that I'd get an email if I had a pin.

So, I called back at night and got a nice, female CM who seemed to be in a better mood. I asked and, out of nowhere, I had the FD pin! I was booking at Caribbean Beach, so it was only for FD. I upgraded to Deluxe (just for the versatility, now that I'll need to blow 2 on Le Cellier), and it still saved $450 from my vacation.

All in all, I got 7 days and 6 nights in late June in a standard view at CB with two 7-day park hoppers and deluxe dining for 2580. :banana:

Way to go Golden Boy......:lmao: How many people is that for?

Well, I've called a total of five times since yesterday, gotten CM's that range from cheerful and patient, to grumpy and short, yet still have no free dining. I've been booked since december for a week in July at regular price because as far as I know there have been no public offers for that timeframe. I wish I had never heard about others getting these offers, as now I know during the trip, I'm going to be looking around thinking, "how much less did they have to pay for the same thing I'm doing?"

Also- The first two CM's I spoke with, and the one I talked to earlier in February, said to keep checking because new offers come out all the time. The last few neglected to say that, just said that IF i get a PIN, it will be e-mailed.

I agree with your statement DCAT. I have gone from determined to get acode to sour grapes not wanting it. I don't like the way Disney picks and chooses who gets a code. All for one and one for all!! This is one time when the DIS boards have stressed me out!!:scared1:

Well, I've called a total of five times since yesterday, gotten CM's that range from cheerful and patient, to grumpy and short, yet still have no free dining. I've been booked since december for a week in July at regular price because as far as I know there have been no public offers for that timeframe. I wish I had never heard about others getting these offers, as now I know during the trip, I'm going to be looking around thinking, "how much less did they have to pay for the same thing I'm doing?"

Also- The first two CM's I spoke with, and the one I talked to earlier in February, said to keep checking because new offers come out all the time. The last few neglected to say that, just said that IF i get a PIN, it will be e-mailed.[/QUOTE]

That is BS. My daughter created a userid on the Disney site a few weeks ago. When I called, she had a PIN. I went to her email (that she never uses) and there was no email there from Disney beyond the welcome email when she setup her account.

Also- The first two CM's I spoke with, and the one I talked to earlier in February, said to keep checking because new offers come out all the time. The last few neglected to say that, just said that IF i get a PIN, it will be e-mailed.[/QUOTE]

That is BS. My daughter created a userid on the Disney site a few weeks ago. When I called, she had a PIN. I went to her email (that she never uses) and there was no email there from Disney beyond the welcome email when she setup her account.

I just got off the phone and the CM told me the same thing...I had to bite my tongue to be nice (sick of all the different answers) but I nicely said well I have a few friends that called and had a pin and never recd and email or anything in the mail so she looked. I do have free dining but called just to see if I had anything else....:confused3

I just got off the phone and the CM told me the same thing...I had to bite my tongue to be nice (sick of all the different answers) but I nicely said well I have a few friends that called and had a pin and never recd and email or anything in the mail so she looked. I do have free dining but called just to see if I had anything else....:confused3

I agree with you DC, I booked out July vacation at the end of December at rack rate and haven't gotten any pins. I'm going to be looking at happy families and wondering "what did they pay?!" oh well, let's hope for a general public discount? I keep hearing from CM's and my travel agent that you have to receieve an email and people that don't but do have a pin must have the wrong email in the system, i don't believe it b/c it really seems like people call and the CM's will randomly give them a code.

What's really funny too is I went back in my e-mail and litterally once a month last year I got e-mail offers, even if they were the same ones multiple times AND I remember at least 3 postcard offers. Now that we can actually go, NADA.

I agree with you DC, I booked out July vacation at the end of December at rack rate and haven't gotten any pins. I'm going to be looking at happy families and wondering "what did they pay?!" oh well, let's hope for a general public discount? I keep hearing from CM's and my travel agent that you have to receieve an email and people that don't but do have a pin must have the wrong email in the system, i don't believe it b/c it really seems like people call and the CM's will randomly give them a code.

I have to agree with you . I called 5 times on the 5th tiime they had a code for me...I called this morning and there was nothing and she never said you had one, she went on about the email and mail. she asked me my ressie # and I told her she said you already have free dining thats good!!! I said I know was just checking to see if there was anything else......:rolleyes1

It is so frustrating when you don't get the pins. Like so many others, we have gone for years, many, many trips which equates to thousands of dollars spent at WDW. And of course we have enjoyed it and I know Disney owes me not a thing and I am free to take my business elsewhere.

But for my family, fd is hands down the best deal we get and when I see others who get multiple pins it stinks. I am happy for them, I am sad for me and yeah, I am irritated.

Dh and I have talked about cancelling but my brother sprung on us a few weeks ago that he is coming and I just can't do that to him, to my kids and in the end, we'll go. But this will be the last time for a couple of years. Its getting too aggravating playing the little games Disney plays with their discounts and I think I need a break. The planning has gotten where its less about fun and anticipation and more like desparate people who sit around waiting to see if their lottery tickets are a winner.

Everytime I fork over $$$ for mediocre food (and we have to eat its a 12 day trip lol) I'll be thinking that I could be eating for free (via a rack rate room but still a way better deal than my current room discount) and getting what I want. Yep, definitely time for a break from this idiotic system Disney has set up.

I am under the belief they are the type of people who call disney day after day after day and ask for one, ask for one, complain for one, complain about Disney, etc, who get the PINS.
People in this world like to complain endlessly until they get what they want.
Every time I check into my resort theres always the person next to me with their sob story about how they paid sooooo much for their trip and ask for a better "view" until they get one. Same things with the pins.
- Since Im not a complainer towards disney I never get a pin, nor do I expect one, DVC has well paid for itself for me that the rooms are always free!!!
Well aside from the yearly 900.00 dues

Oh and also the people who go like once every 10 years too, Disney tries to get them back.
- Since I goto Disney twice a year I will never get a pin, Nor do I expect one

I don't understand how so many here are able to get multiple PIN offers yearly while others never get anything. Something is screwy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter