"Keep Calm and Carry On" April 2020 W.I.S.H. Challenge

I am not great at writing my feels out But I would write one to Elizabeth's first grade teacher Mrs. Mandato. She was awesome and just what Elizabeth needed. Elizabeth was really far behind in reading. It was rough on me because I too had struggles with this and was in tutoring and speech classes for most of school and I felt horrible that she had to go through this as well. Ms. Mandato worked with me on what I could do at home to help Elizabeth. She would send extra books that the school no longer used home with Elizabeth to read for the week. She also gave her a lot of extra attention in school. She also got Elizabeth on the Title 1 program. A program to help students that struggle in reading but not struggling enough to be in tutoring. Elizabeth was close to moving to tutoring but with all of Mrs. Mandato's help Elizabeth never got to that point. It gave her the confidence in reading. She still struggled a bit until her figured out her eye issues but this gave her a great foundation.

I have to be careful with how much produce I get for the two of us-I’ve gotten better at planning so things don’t go bad. And if something looks just a little wilted you can make vegetable soup!
I wish I liked soup! There was also a thing about soup in Noom a couple days ago, but soup is just kind of a special occasion thing for me. I did see a post where someone said they were putting the soon-to-expire stuff in to fritattas, which sounded do-able.

I wish I liked soup! There was also a thing about soup in Noom a couple days ago, but soup is just kind of a special occasion thing for me. I did see a post where someone said they were putting the soon-to-expire stuff in to fritattas, which sounded do-able.
When I am having trouble dropping weight on Noom, I increase my green foods. Green foods have a lot of water in them which is why soup is encouraged. My thing with soup is that it is usually high in sodium unless it is homemade. I am not interested in making soup from scratch or having low-sodium soup. Increasing your green foods really does work though.

When I am having trouble dropping weight on Noom, I increase my green foods. Green foods have a lot of water in them which is why soup is encouraged. My thing with soup is that it is usually high in sodium unless it is homemade. I am not interested in making soup from scratch or having low-sodium soup. Increasing your green foods really does work though.
Green foods is where I’m struggling because fruits and so many veggies are not an option for me. I will take a look at soups next trip to the grocery store.

Hello ladies! I know I am really not posting here enough, but somehow after a couple of rough weeks the next stage was me losing all energy besides dealing with the basics (and working). I think I am slowly getting out of this funk. Germany being at the point of taking the first tiny steps towards opening the economy a bit (shops are going to open 4/27 with restrictions to amount of people allowed inside) definitely gave me some hope. But I want to say that reading your posts over the last weeks really helped me, even if I didn’t contribute here.

If anyone of you is on Twitter, I have started to go through old vacation pictures, a lot of them Disney destinations around the world, and will tweet daily some pics. If you want to follow me there, let me know and I a will send you my Twitter handle in a private message.

If anyone of you is on Twitter, I have started to go through old vacation pictures, a lot of them Disney destinations around the world, and will tweet daily some pics. If you want to follow me there, let me know and I a will send you my Twitter handle in a private message.

So good to hear from you :) Glad you are okay - well as okay as we all are at the moment! I'm still following you on twitter I'm pretty sure from when you did your Japan trip - will look forward to seeing some of your pics:)

I kind of feel like where did the last few days go! I have made progress with my paperwork/stuff de-cluttering - but I found another little pile in my bedroom today! It is on the table waiting for me. It is a good feeling though to see it in the in or organised and in folders where I can find it when I need it. I have started putting together a kind of everything important folder with ID documents, will, POA, details of finances etc. it is helping me feel calm - organised I think - once I have it all together will go through it with the kids - so they know what it all means if they every need it.

I was so tired last night - don't really know why - maybe my poor sleep nights caught up with me - I went to bed about 8.30am then still woke up a bit tired - I had a nap outside on my new patio daybed swing that my son and dad made me in January - I have been scared to used it too much whilst I was so dizzy the last few months - but as the dizziness is passing I am trying to use it a bit more :) It was nice to be out in the fresh air with a gentle breeze giving me a little swing every so often whilst I napped.

One more day of break for me and then back to work - as work from home - twins will be school from home and oldest son will be university from home! School is from home for the first 5 weeks of term 2 and will then be reviewed - each state is taking a slightly different approach here at the moment - where I am our schools are open - for students but mostly for kids of parents who are working (not from home), vulnerable children and for children who may not be able to access online learning- but for the vast majority it is learn from home. For those that do attend a school they are simply being supervised and are provided with the same 'online learning' that the kids at home are completing. Although - for primary school aged students particularly the early years they are going to broadcast lessons on TV! The kids school has been quite good with its communication the closer we get to going to back next week - and have been very clear that it is their role to teach our kids and it is not 'home schooling' for parents to run. For my twins their day takes on the routine of a usual school day - home room checkin at 9am and then they have to 'attend' each class on their usual schedule with attendance taken on the learning platform they are using - they will then go through any instruction/teaching and have work/expecations set for them - it does not mean they will be on their computer for the full school day but seems to be a combination of being online to check-in and learn as well as complete activities (which may still require use of computer I imagine for year 11s but not teacher lead for the whole session - hope that makes sense). Our year 11 and 12s are allowed to participate in 'live streamed' lessons but not with the camera on and default to mute until invited by the teacher to engage in conversation I imagine. They are supposed to wear their uniform but it they are not using the camera to be seen - I don't really see the point of creating more washing! Oldest son does not like University from home - he is missing being on campus - he compartmentalizes easier in the different environments and is finding it harder to concentrate and really 'be' in his lessons from home :( I discussed that maybe he needs to come out of his bedroom and sit in another part of the house/outside for his lessons to see if that helps.

I am thinking over a routine for myself for next week something along the lines of listening to a meditation/visualisation when I wake-up but are still in bed, short walk (15 minutes), shower, work, late breakfast, work, PT exercises or 10 yoga lunch/snack, work, longer beach walk in the afternoon with kids when we have all finished school/work/uni - sleep visualisation at night time - it will be a work in progress to see how it goes. I am hoping the routine and a little more focus will help me start to lose some this weight and improve my overall health in the next couple of weeks.

In my area of the sunshine coast we are down to 13 active Covid cases today with no new diagnosis over night - we have had 89 confirmed cases (there are more in queensland as a whole just over 1000 total so far (not active) with 9 new overnight) - I am feeling reassured at this as there appears to have been quite a few that moved into recovered compared with numbers from the previous day. But just when I start to feel a little hope with that - the fear of it all comes racing back knowing that it is all still so easy to get and outcome for each person so unkown :( I must say though, that I am very thankful for how we are currently tracking in Australia when I see what is happening in so many other countries.

Thanks for the recommendation, I ordered a sample pack to check them out.
When I was in school, I would have a protein shake, carrots, and a banana for lunch. I always brought another piece of fruit or vegetable for a snack in case I was still hungry. I am not a fan of veggies, so it was a lot easier for me to be successful on Noom when I was in school. I basically had to eat what I packed, or I would go hungry. It is much harder at home.

When I was in school, I would have a protein shake, carrots, and a banana for lunch. I always brought another piece of fruit or vegetable for a snack in case I was still hungry. I am not a fan of veggies, so it was a lot easier for me to be successful on Noom when I was in school. I basically had to eat what I packed, or I would go hungry. It is much harder at home.
I like having a protein shake for a meal, particularly breakfast, but they often have stuff in them that I can't have, the ingredients for Icon look pretty good tho.

I like having a protein shake for a meal, particularly breakfast, but they often have stuff in them that I can't have, the ingredients for Icon look pretty good tho.
I did a tremendous amount of research on protein shakes and bars, because soy is a common ingredient and too much soy is not healthy for women especially if there's a family history of cancer. So, I looked and looked for whey protein shakes. Then I had to find one that tasted good. The vanilla is delicious. So is the chocolate, but I don't want the extra caffeine, so I buy vanilla. A friend of mine who had gastric bypass had a very hard time finding a healthy protein shake. I gave her an Iconic to try, and she drinks one every day now. By the way, they are cheaper in bulk online than in the grocery store.

Having a bit of over cast and showers this morning, feels kind of good actually, hearing the rain drops splatter on the living room window is kind of soothing. I'm not mad about it at all. Plans for the day: clean out the fridge and work on organizing in the craft room.

Early last week I splurged and rented Emma, which was really really good, and I highly recommend it. A British actress I particularly like is in it, Miranda Hart, and it reminded me that at one point she had had a gardening show with her Mom, who is one of the premier gardeners in England, so I looked her up on IG and started to follow her. She does these wonderful 'Chambles", stories that are a combo of a chat and ramble and I listened to her most recent one and it was just lovely, so kind and funny chatting about the things she likes about the quarantine and social distancing,, and hopes to carry forward afterwards. A real treat to have discovered.

I also finally got out of the section of my book that I didn't like and now she is talking about spirit guides and it is really hitting home. I get "messages" on a fairly regular basis, and I am really looking forward to formalizing my relationship with my guides and being more intentional. I may actually finish the book before the furlough is up.

Happy Saturday everyone.

Well, we have kicked off Sunday morning with a short storm. Quite a bit of lightning was in it - not a lot of rain. The forecast and the radar shows that we may have rain and storms on/off across most of today. So no walking today by the looks of it. I did start off with a meditation in bed (it was one about letting go of perfectionism) - I got through most of it before the lightning and thunder got a little distracting lol. I am going to enjoy my last day before starting work again tomorrow - will watch some of the One World concert - it starts on tv here in about 40 minutes - might make the kids play a board game or something with us all together while it is on.

Well, we have kicked off Sunday morning with a short storm. Quite a bit of lightning was in it - not a lot of rain. The forecast and the radar shows that we may have rain and storms on/off across most of today. So no walking today by the looks of it. I did start off with a meditation in bed (it was one about letting go of perfectionism) - I got through most of it before the lightning and thunder got a little distracting lol. I am going to enjoy my last day before starting work again tomorrow - will watch some of the One World concert - it starts on tv here in about 40 minutes - might make the kids play a board game or something with us all together while it is on.
Knowing you, Flossbolna and HappyGrape are dealing with this as well brings home the realization what a world wide crisis this is. Prayers that you and your families stay safe and healthy! :grouphug:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter