Keeping the magic alive while we countdown?

loislane

DIS Veteran
Our trip is almost a year away - Aug. 21-27, 2011.

For others who book that far in advance, what do you do to keep the magic alive while you wait? How do you get and keep your kids excited and interested?

Here's what we've done so far.

disneyjar.jpg

This is our Disney 2011 jar. It sits on the bookshelf in the living room where everyone can see it every day. We all drop loose change and other money into it whenever we can. This will be our "mad money" for the trip.

Ordered and watched the Disney planning DVD.

3. Ordered personalized maps from Disney (free when you register on their site) that we will laminate and hang near the Disney jar.

Here's what I hope to do in the coming months to keep them looking forward to the trip.

1. Disney gift cards at Christmas - each child will get a GC that will be theirs and theirs alone to spend during our trip.

2. Disney pins/lanyards in their Easter baskets. Except maybe for the oldest one - don't think that's his thing. He's too cool at 14. ;)

Um, ok, that's all I've got and why I need help. I want the kids to be excited about the trip - their first one - and hopefully help the time pass quickly.

What are some other little things I can do along the way to keep the magic alive. And what can I do when the trip is close to really ramp things up?

Traci (39), DH (40), DS (14), DD (10), DS (6)
Pop Century, Aug. 21-27, 2011

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter