Ketchup or catsup?

Ketchup or Catsup?

• Ketchup

• Catsup

• I call it something else

Results are only viewable after voting.
heinz_ketchup_350.jpg

Ketchup...My co-worker always says catsup ...drives me bonkers!

I think everyone mostly just says "ketchup" &, most of the time, that's the way I see it spelled.

However, here in the south, it's not that uncommon to sometimes see "catsup" as well.

Growing up, my daddy would always refer to it as "cat's soup" for fun - he knew that's not how it's pronounced; he just liked having fun w/ the way it's sometimes spelled. :goodvibes

And, in my mind (and this probably isn't necessarily the way it is ;) ), if it's homemade, then it's "catsup."

I think Del Monte was the last major seller to use "catsup" on the label.

3801628308_b47d239f20_z.jpg

Of course that's no longer the case:

44520850-73f9-495d-8f73-3fa01545e837.png

BTW - if you buy Del Monte bananas or pineapples, the company that markets fresh fruit with the Del Monte name is no longer the same company. They license the name, sort of how BMW licenses the Rolls-Royce name from the maker of aircraft engines.

Ketchup.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've actually ever heard anyone refer to it as "catsup" in earnest.

From one pet lover to another; You're Killing Me!:lmao::rotfl::lmao::rotfl::lmao::rotfl:

I cut the price off the shelf when I took the pictures. I was going to buy them just for a goof on my husband but at $6.98 a bottle :scared1: not so funny ! Somehow though I KNEW they would find their way onto the Dis ;)

I think there was a thing about this on 3's Company... yea I am old.

I recall loooooong ago having seen "Catsup" on a bottle. I think that "Ketchup" is the overwhelming majority.

I'm dying to know what the "something else" is.

Perhaps another language. The name "ketchup" is supposedly derived from a Chinese phrase for some sort of fish-based condiment that's not terribly like the tomato paste we all know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter