Keto in parks

Dinohood

Mouseketeer
for anyone who is keto how do you handle the parks? My mom is on the keto diet and is also gluten free so ok that is easy no carbs on keto yes but here is the big thing she can not have pork or dairy which the keto diet is big on fats like creams and bacon. So what did you guys do salads and foods with out bread.

I haven't gone to Disney while on Keto but I think it's probably the same as anywhere else eating out. You order burgers and don't eat the buns. You can do caesar salads where you can find them. You can ask for things without the sauces. It's not easy but typically do-able as long as you aren't eating places like Nine Dragons and Mama Melrose. Italian and Asian restaurants are really tough but most places have some options. I would have her review menus at the places you're planning to eat and make sure she can eat there.

Meat, ask for double greens instead of a carb and green on plates. Buy cream to put in your coffee. If she is very strict on keto I would probably do one of those grocery delivery services to help out with meals in the room. My hubs does keto, but on our Disney vacations he has some cheat treats, like dole whips and such. He doesn’t completely blow his diet, but it’s not the end of the world if he doesn’t stick to it 100 percent. Last trip he walked so much he didn’t gain any weight at all. I’ve heard there are sugar free chocolates and ice cream somewhere in the parks but we’ve never looked for them or found them.

ive done it a million times...i do exactly what I do when I eat out...I look on the menu and see what kinds of meat, veg and salad they have available...most every place I go to will do everything to accomodate...changing out the type of veg...no adding sauces or gravy etc...and alot of times if you get your choice of 2 sides of something I just double up on the broccoli or green beans or whatever...the hard part is the smells throughout the park lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter