Kevin Jonas: Alcohol has changed everything at Disneyland! (news article)

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
Kevin Jonas thinks alcohol has changed the culture at Disneyland.

The 35-year-old singer - who shot to fame as part of The Jonas Brothers and starred in Disney Channel hits such as 'Camp Rock' and 'Hannah Montana' in the late 2000s - tied the knot with Danielle Deleasa in 2009 and shortly after spent the night with her in an exclusive suite at the California theme park but has now claimed that everything has "changed" since alcohol started being sold at the attraction in 2012.

Speaking on UKTV show 'Lorraine', he said: "We had a special experience there so after we were married they were kind enough to let us stay at this place that was called the Dream Suite.

"Inside, it was pretty great. They shut it down at night and you are still in the property staying.

"You would come out your door and no one's there except you guys.

"But what it really comes down to is they've let people start to drink now in Disneyland and that has changed everything. "

Meanwhile, the 'Waffle House' hitmaker - who has daughters Alena, nine and six-year-old Valentina with Danielle - was joined by his brothers Joe, 33, and 30-year-old Nick in the interview and Nick explained that when he tied the knot with 'Love Again' actress Priyanka Chopra in 2018, he had "no expectations" for the big day because they had planned it over "such a long period of time" and that the whole event turned out to be "really special" in the end.

He said: "We planned it pretty quickly so we didn't have that stress of expectations over a long period of time of having something planned so everything was just a plus and it was really special. Such a special day."

Here is the link to the actual interview. The host asked a question about whether Disneyland should be adults only. It was an odd question. And his response seemed heavily edited. The host does respond that Disneyland Paris has always allowed alcohol.

Last edited:

Last night while in the webslingers preview room there were 6 drunk adults with their cocktail glasses full. They wre dropping F bombs and talking over the scene.

I try to understand Disney adults, but I don't think I ever will. There has to be better places to get drunk than a place for kids.

Last night while in the webslingers preview room there were 6 drunk adults with their cocktail glasses full. They wre dropping F bombs and talking over the scene.

I try to understand Disney adults, but I don't think I ever will. There has to be better places to get drunk than a place for kids.
I disagree that Disney Parks are a place for kids. BUT, I do agree that being drunk in a theme park in general is bad manners and a disturbance. They should have been removed.

I've never seen it

I think in general people are just acting out more then before, drinking hasn't changed the park and the reason it wasn't here since day one was just how the times have changed but over 9/10 guests are still great its the .01 of guests that do bad things makes everyone try to blame something for it over understanding some people just suck and Disney should be throwing people out more if they need to

I have seen a few "loud, happy drunks" in DCA. Never any problematic behavior. And I have visited that park well over 500 times.

I really do believe that people generally drink responsibly at DLR because the *majority* of guests have to drive home later. You'll see the most drunk people around the resort pools for sure.

There's a difference between Disney adults, and people who are behaving badly. Adults frequently swearing, talking over the scene, and doing anything that makes it significantly more difficult for someone to enjoy the experience (like talking over the pre-show scene) is wrong.

However, if the 6 Disney adults had not been drunk or talking over the pre-show, would there still have been an issue? Is the problem childless adults (which is what I think of Disney Adults) being in the park, or is the problem their specific behavior that ruins the experience for others (having to wait in line for a pretzel does not count as ruining the experience).

The one time I saw adults who were either drunk or stoned was at DL prior to the park closing, and prior to alcohol being served anywhere except Club 33. I had hoped the CM would have tossed them, but maybe it was too late in the evening to deal with it more firmly. They put us on a separate boat on Pirates, and I was more than glad for that.

I've been plenty of times to both DL & DCA. Never saw a problem with behavior that I could attribute to alcohol, so I would not agree that its presence has "changed" DL.

This is nonsense.

Watching the actual interview, he’s using hyperbole as a joke. He’s not talking about the culture of Disneyland. He’s just making an offhand comment about now being able to have a drink. This is nothing.

He clearly meant “it changed everything” in a good/silly way. As in, “now Disneyland is even more fun for adults because now we can have a drink with dinner. It’s changed everything!”

It’s the same way you might say, “that meal is to die for!” You aren’t literally saying that you would die to have the meal. Or, “That sauce changed my life.” It’s not literal and it’s not some greater commentary. It’s just a phrase. “It changed everything” is a phrase people use that same way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter