• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

KEVIN- Question re Disney resort in Hawaii

serendipity

DIS Veteran
Hi Kevin,

First of all I would like to say I am a big fan of the show and look forward to it every week. I thought it may be interesting to learn a bit more re the Disney Hawaii resort. My husband and I are going to be going to Hawaii in summer of 2009 and were wondering if it would be open at that time, and if so which island it will be on. I anticipate there's little to no information about the resort now, but was wondering if you had any insider information.

Thanks!
Katherine

I don't have an answer to your question. But I would like to know why you are going to Hawaii in the summer of 2009 instead of the podcast cruise...hmmm :magnify: :magnify: :magnify: SuSpiCious...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: j/k

as I recall, the land that Disney grabbed up was on the far side west of Oahu. This is an area that is still fairly undeveloped. The open date I thought was 2010? 2011... it was several years out. But just think, there will be a day when you can get dole whips with a giant chunk of fresh pineapple.

The location of the hotel is significant in that this is a deep water port. The Cruise ships would fit. There is also significance to that side of the island, for Sunrise you would look out on the water and see the sun come up... some of the better golf courses are near by. But you are far from Waikiki, and very far from North Shore, and very very far from Turtle Bay. Even with there being a Disney resort, I'd still end up staying at the west end of Waikiki facing Diamond head, and have a rental car to adventure to a different beach everyday.

They film Lost over near Kaneohe (the opposite side of the island), on a beach that used to be an Air Force base (military installation with no admittance unless you were active duty, guard or reserve). In the past few years, the beach is now open to the public, but it is not well known. Most days in the mornings you can walk this area of beach for a mile and not see another soul.

Oh, and I have a little OCD... and I used to go back and forth to Oahu for work a lot... I'd be there a month or so at a crack at times. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to see rainbows every day?

I came here to post but....

in the words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that"
(or was that Stupid is as stupid does???) it's still early :surfweb: can you tell?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter