Key West w/ Kids

Thanks for the tips, heard the port is closed for Irma cleanup....

Probably going to hold off booking anything until more news about when the port is opening back up. For the electric cars are those easy to rent after you dock or do they need to be pre booked?
Super easy to rent. We had no intentions of renting them until we came upon the kiosk at the end of the port.

Thanks for the tips, heard the port is closed for Irma cleanup....

Probably going to hold off booking anything until more news about when the port is opening back up. For the electric cars are those easy to rent after you dock or do they need to be pre booked?

Key West is officially open for tourism business on 10/1/17.
http://www.miami.com/miami-hotels-m...ack-in-business-sooner-than-you-think-171903/

Cruise ships are already docking there: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricane/article175247151.html

We did the city Trolley/Truman tour with our 11 year old and she seemed to enjoy it.
Afterwards, there was plenty of time to walk around Mallory Square.
I would be leery of which port you are in though if you plan on getting off with zero plans. We were on the Magic last November and we weren't at the main port....we were miles away in what seemed to be an industrial area with NOTHING nearby. I think it is/was a military base but can't recall for sure.

We did the city Trolley/Truman tour with our 11 year old and she seemed to enjoy it.
Afterwards, there was plenty of time to walk around Mallory Square.
I would be leery of which port you are in though if you plan on getting off with zero plans. We were on the Magic last November and we weren't at the main port....we were miles away in what seemed to be an industrial area with NOTHING nearby. I think it is/was a military base but can't recall for sure.
Don't they shuttle you in town when you are out at the base? Other cruise lines do.

We visit KW at least twice a year and the activities already listed are good choices. I'll offer another: The Mel Fisher Maritime Museum is a fascinating place. If you belong to your cruises social media group/group thread and have a group of folks interested, you can secure a group rate for tix. Also, sometimes Living Social or Groupon, etc. will have discount tix.
Yes, the Mel Fisher Museum is wonderful. Lots of information about underwater treasure hunting. The gold coins and jewels are beautiful.

Don't they shuttle you in town when you are out at the base? Other cruise lines do.

Yes, they shuttle you off and onto base. All adults are required to show valid photo id upon return to the base.

Since it is a U.S. military base, no photos are allowed to be taken on the base.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter