Key West ?

rramsr

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are silver members and am wanting to take a cruise that goes to Key West next July or August 2021. I am having trouble finding if they go at that time of year and roughly what the cost would be. I looked in the thread with the prices when released but couldn't find anything. Any ideas?

Not likely on Disney - they seem to only hit Key West with the Magic out of Miami (not sure if the Wonder out of New Orleans is or not). July and August have the Wonder in Alaska, the Magic in Europe, the Dream doing Nassau Circle, and the Fantasy usually rotating Eastern and Western. MAYBE once the new ships start.

Not sure if any other lines have cruises that have a day in Key West over the summer or not.

If I really want to stop there I may have to go with another cruise line :(

My understanding is that Key West can't handle ships the size of the Dream and Fantasy, so only the Magic and Wonder can go there. During August, the Magic is in Europe and the Wonder is doing Alaska cruises. The Magic cruises out of Miami are the most likely to go there, which happens during the late fall through early spring time period.

DH and I wanted to go to Key West this summer, it's not easy to find a cruise that stops there!

If you're only traveling with adults, look at Virgin Voyages...prices are similar to Disney, but as of now they only carry adults. It's brand new, not sure what kind of additional ships and ports will be added for next year. Also some of the smaller Carnival ships stop in Key West. Maybe others but that one I know, almost booked for late May 2020.

Good luck!

My understanding is that Key West can't handle ships the size of the Dream and Fantasy, so only the Magic and Wonder can go there. During August, the Magic is in Europe and the Wonder is doing Alaska cruises. The Magic cruises out of Miami are the most likely to go there, which happens during the late fall through early spring time period.

Probably right. The Celebrity Edge can go, but it is only 1004 ft long. Probably right at the limit.

DH and I wanted to go to Key West this summer, it's not easy to find a cruise that stops there!

If you're only traveling with adults, look at Virgin Voyages...prices are similar to Disney, but as of now they only carry adults. It's brand new, not sure what kind of additional ships and ports will be added for next year. Also some of the smaller Carnival ships stop in Key West. Maybe others but that one I know, almost booked for late May 2020.

Good luck!

Thank you, it will be 2 adults and 2 kids 12, 16. I am researching Royal Caribbean. They have some that stop there next summer and a 7 day is cheaper than Disney's 4 day so may be doing that

Thank you, it will be 2 adults and 2 kids 12, 16. I am researching Royal Caribbean. They have some that stop there next summer and a 7 day is cheaper than Disney's 4 day so may be doing that

Don't be afraid to give Royal a try. We've been on a few sailings with them, all good, and seriously considering another for this May. There won't be any musical horns, characters, or Broadway caliber entertainment...but you can't beat the prices and itineraries Royal offers!

Don't be afraid to give Royal a try. We've been on a few sailings with them, all good, and seriously considering another for this May. There won't be any musical horns, characters, or Broadway caliber entertainment...but you can't beat the prices and itineraries Royal offers!

That's my problem. We have been on 2 Disney cruises and I'm afraid to try another cruise line and be disappointed but for the price savings, longer cruise and to go where I want to in the months I can travel seems crazy not to try another

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter