• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Key West

Joe Brig

Mouseketeer
Key West has voted to stop large ships from using Key West this includes Disney ships. Does anyone know when this starts and what Disney will do instead?

Key West has voted to stop large ships from using Key West this includes Disney ships. Does anyone know when this starts and what Disney will do instead?
The ballot initiatives passed, but there are court cases being brought to overturn them. At this time, I'd guess, unless they are overturned (not likely), that it will be in effect from now.

As to what DCL (or any other cruise line) will do. They will not stop at Key West.

I have a cruise leaving from Texas that was suppose to stop in Key West. Maybe they would replace Key West with Miami or Port Canaveral.

Hmmm We have a short 3 night cruise out of Miami in May 2021 (if it still occurs) that was supposed to stop in Key West. Not interested in going to Nassau or adding a Sea Day. Hopefully Disney will let us know their plans here soon before final payment is due.

BEST I REMEMBER THE NUMBER IS OVER 1300 PASSENGERS. SOME OF THE SMALLER SHIPS THAT GO WITH LIMITED CAPACITY MAY MAKE THE CUT

BEST I REMEMBER THE NUMBER IS OVER 1300 PASSENGERS. SOME OF THE SMALLER SHIPS THAT GO WITH LIMITED CAPACITY MAY MAKE THE CUT

No DCL ship makes the cut based on the legislation. It is not just passenger load, but also displacement.

Interestingly DCL is still advertising and selling cruises with the Key West port of call through spring 2022

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter