Keys, FOL, AP rates,

EjandMD

Two Normal People Obsessed With WDW
Okay so I need some help. I am trying to apply all my Disney plans to universal. I book an "on property" resort for two nights in May with an AP rate of 167 at Universal. Now when I book disney I always have 4 adults in the room but we check in as two adults and two children, so we don't have to pay the extra 50 a night. That may sound cheep but we try and cut corners when we can. So I did the same with this trip to Universal. But now I'm worried. ARe the room keys for adults different colors than for children? So when I try and use FOL will they see the kids key and not let the adult in FOL? Please help!

The keys look the same. We just got back from RPR and on my kids keys, their ages were listed. I remember stating the kids ages when making the reservation.

The keys usually have an "A" for adult or a "C" for child. It makes no difference in the express lines. As long as you have a key you will be fine.

How old are the youngest adults? If they are your grown children, but still young adults, that plan might work, but if they are much older than in their 20's the express line people might get suspicious. I know that they really looked our keys over, but I don't know if they were really looking for the key to match the person.

Personally (unless they are young adults), I would either stay off-site if you're not going at a real busy time of the year or I'd get two rooms. Otherwise I'd worry the whole trip about being found out. The first time we went I was frustrated because for my family of 6 (the youngest was a baby) we were required to get two rooms. At WDW we could still fit into one deluxe room since our youngest was under 3yo. We bit the bullet at Universal and got the two rooms for peace of mind. Of course that is when the rooms were a lot cheaper.

Or you can call Loews hotels and try to get them to waive the extra fee. I don't know if that would work, but maybe worth a try.

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter