Keys to the Kingdom Tour

PiperG

Can't wait to enjoy our one day of summer here in
Hi everyone,

I have a short, solo trip planned to WDW and have a single day at the MK. I am trying to decide whether this is the time to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour. My family hasn't wanted to do it for various reasons, but since I will be there by myself I can choose.

It looks like the cost is $79, and I presume that is on top of the park admission cost. If that's the case, is it worth it to spend 5 hours on the tour? I don't want any spoilers..... just looking to assess whether other folks thought it's a good use of time given that I only have a single day.

I realize everyone's opinion is different but appreciate your feedback.

I would say it is up to you. If you get to WDW fairly frequently, or even if you don't, would you be willing to spend 5 hours on the tour instead of riding rides? The tour is interesting, and I believe you get lunch with it. Also check if you can get any discounts: Disney Visa Card, etc. Doing a tour is a different experience, but maybe best for a longer trip where you have more time to enjoy the rides. But if you want to splurge on yourself and your solo trip, go for it. The Marceline to Main Street tour is shorter but also pretty interesting.

I did the tour on my solo trip, but I had park hopper and spent some time at MK 3 out of my 4 park days. I took the earliest (pre-park opening tour). There was a Disney Visa discount, lunch is included, and we rode 2 rides as part of the tour. I liked it. There are plenty of reviews of the tour out there in cyberspace. I agree only you can decide if it is worth it to you!

I've done the tour three times! We ride Jungle Cruise and HM. Ate at Columbia Harbor House.....love their tuna!!

Whether or not to take the tour would depend on a few things for me.....how many times have you been to MK/WDW, how long MK open that day.
I've been to MK more times than I can count, so spending 5 hrs on the tour wasn't a 'hardship'. I know the things I like to do in MK....if I can fit those things in, after the tour, terrific.

But, if the park closes relatively early, and you look forward to doing a ton of stuff, it might not be worth it.

I have taken the tour 3 times now. We also rode Jungle cruise and Haunted Mansion. Lunch at Columbia Harbor House.

If your family never wants to do the tour, I think you should do it while you have the opportunity. Try to get in the earliest tour.

Make FP + for later afternoon/early evening.

You will learn that on your solo trip that you can accomplish more in less time. You do only the things that you want to do. Eat when and where you want to eat. And use the restroom only when you have to go!

We did KTTK in November. I was worried that DH & DS wouldn't like it. They still talk about it! And we actually did 3 rides. Haunted Mansion, Jingle Cruise and Pirates. I was so excited that we did 3 as I had read that most only do 2. We had Nick as our guide. He was awesome!

I did the tour this month and would recommend it to anyone! I agree with others that it's up to you on whether it's worth the price and time. I think on a regular vacation it is absolutely worth the price but on a one day trip you will have to decide if it works with your schedule and what you want to do.

We did this tour in December and was disappointed. We did one ride, Jungle Cruise and ate at the Columbia House. Was hoping to do two rides but we did not.

Hi everyone,

I have a short, solo trip planned to WDW and have a single day at the MK. I am trying to decide whether this is the time to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour. My family hasn't wanted to do it for various reasons, but since I will be there by myself I can choose.

It looks like the cost is $79, and I presume that is on top of the park admission cost. If that's the case, is it worth it to spend 5 hours on the tour? I don't want any spoilers..... just looking to assess whether other folks thought it's a good use of time given that I only have a single day.

I realize everyone's opinion is different but appreciate your feedback.

I have a short solo trip coming up and I plan to use that opportunity to do KTTK, too. We're going to WDW in April as a family, but DD is too young for us to go on the tour together. I will be back in Orlando by myself in July for a conference. I'll have one full day to visit WDW prior to the conference, and MK has morning EMH that day, so I plan to get to the park shortly before 8 to take advantage of EMH, then take the 9:30 tour. I'll finish by ~2:30 and arrange my FPs to begin after the tour. I plan to stay until Wishes, so I don't mind spending several hours on the tour. I will be using my AP for park admission and my Disney Visa discount on the tour, but I think I would plan it the same way even if I were buying a one-day ticket because I really want to do the tour and won't have the opportunity to go on our family trips for several years still.

I would do it, especially since you have been there quite a bit and it is something you really want to do. I had to wait until I took my first mother/daughter trip to do it because my son was/is still too young and my dh was not interested in going. We did it three years ago and it was great. We spent the rest of the day in MK and then had dinner and did the dessert party so it was an awesome, full day. When you consider that lunch is included, it is not that bad of a deal.

For those of you that have done the tour, can you tell me at what point during the tour lunch is taken? We are trying to figure out when to schedule our table service dinner. Knowing if the lunch break is 3 hours or 4 hours into the tour will help. Thanks!!

If I recall correctly, lunch was on the early side because they had an upstairs section of CHH roped off and I remember that
the rest of the restaurant was pretty empty

YMMV, as they say, but I enjoyed it when I was solo in 2002, and DNephew #5 (he was 22 at the time) also thoroughly enjoyed it by himself while several of us were visiting together in 2014. We each did the early tour.

A solo trip is a wonderful opportunity. Enjoy!

I also recall lunch being on the early side. The tour was fantastic, so if this may be your only opportunity, I'd go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter