• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keys to the kingdom

Mercdesman

Mouseketeer
I am just wondering if anyone has done this. Did You enjoy this? I just booked it for my wife and I. What should we expect?

I did it in January and it's lots of fun. You'll see backstage areas - we got to stand off to the side while one of the shorter parade floats was getting ready watching Mickey and the gang look like they were chatting and straightening up their clothes. We peeked in where they keep some floats and of course walked the utilidor. There's plenty of bathroom stops and you take a break for lunch. It's a fairly small group so come with questions if you have them - she had plenty of time to answer. We also did two rides.

We took this tour in July 2022. Wonderful tour, our guide was so knowledgeable and answered any questions the group had. We did have plenty of bathroom breaks, saw backstage areas, rode Haunted Mansion & one other ride which I cannot recall, walked the Utilidoor, had lunch at Pecos Bills. It is a lot of walking, so wear comfortable shoes. We were given bottles of water at the start of the tour, as well as an ear piece so we could listen to the guide. DD17 is a big Disney history fan & she even learned a few new bits of info. Highly recommend this tour!

Have a wonderful trip!

My son wants to do this for his graduation trip in June. Looking forward to it after researching and reading what reviews I have.

The online description is pretty good. There are lots of reviews that give you a bunch of perspectives. I just did this last month and found it enjoyable and think Disney does a good job with this. I had wanted to do it for ages.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to other family members though, as it's pricey and requires the MK admission too and other family members have all done behind the scenes cruise ship tours which I found to be quite similar to this and actually a little more interesting to me. The utilidors reminded me a lot of the bottom floor of the a cruise ship (cruise ship bottom floor more condensed and more action going on constantly on the ships).

Here's a detailed description from a blog with some photos: https://www.kennythepirate.com/2022/05/13/will-you-love-disneys-keys-to-the-kingdom-tour/#:~:text=What is this?,-Report Ad&text=The Keys to the Kingdom Tour is a walking tour,details hidden in plain sight!

Last edited:
I did this with my friend on our gal pal/college roomie trip in January. It has been a bucket list item for both of us, and we were glad we did it. Our tour guide was awesome and she had tons of fun facts and info. Lunch at Pecos Bill's was great, and we got to ride Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise. Going into the Utilidors was so fun, and we even saw the noon parade at MK gearing up behind the scenes...that was mind-blowing and so fun!

However, I wouldn't ever need to do it again. We thoroughly enjoyed it, but it's definitely a one and done for me. It's a lot of walking, and a lot of focusing on facts and information. My friend and I were surprised at how tired we were (mentally and physically) when the tour was over. We had planned to be at MK for the rest of the day (it takes 4-5 hours out of your day), but instead, we went back to our resort to rest.

I would definitely go for it, but be ready for a long, fun, tiring experience. I hope you have a magical trip!

I’ve booked a solo birthday trip for 4/6-11. During that time, I thought I would do both the Keys to the Kingdom tour and Dive Quest. What are people’s thoughts who have done those tours? Are they worth it?

I have done Keys to the Kingdom twice, several years ago. It was 6-7 hours of walking with a break for lunch and a couple of rides. It is a great tour and takes you behind the scenes to see things you wouldn’t get to see otherwise. The quality of the tour depends a lot on the guide. The first time, the guide was very experienced; the second time the guide was doing her first solo tour - she was fine but not as good as the experienced guide. I wouldn’t plan on doing anything else that day, unless you have a lot of stamina; I went back to the hotel and took a nap!

I’ve booked a solo birthday trip for 4/6-11. During that time, I thought I would do both the Keys to the Kingdom tour and Dive Quest. What are people’s thoughts who have done those tours? Are they worth it?

This is a very recent thread discussing Dive Quest.

Both of the tours you’re asking about only returned recently after an almost 3 year hiatus. You may wish to do a search for pre-closure experiences.

We've done KTTK tour twice, and it was very different each time.
I asked our guide about that during the second tour, and she said that they have a number of "required" things they must cover during the tour, but they can divert based on group questions/comments.

I am thinking of booking this for my upcoming solo trip, I was just curious if anyone has any idea where they serve lunch (just curious)

I am doing a solo trip in May and have booked this for one of my days! In my 20+ trips, it is one of the few things I have yet to experience and am really looking forward to it!

I have this tour booked for my upcoming trip, I was just curious for those that have done it how big is the group in each time slot? Is there a limit to the amount of people in each group?
thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter