• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keys to the kingdome tour?

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
for those who have done this one (the $99) what is your opinion?
is it worth the price and also I am assuming you also need a park admission ticket as well as the price for the tour? any feedback would be great, thanks

I did this with my family in 2015, and it might have changed a little since then but I'm assuming it's basically the same. You do need park admission along with the price of the tour. We absolutely loved it and thought it was worth the money. They give you water at the beginning of the tour and lunch is included. When we went we ate at Columbia Harbor House but I think I saw someone else mention in another thread you might also go to Tomorrowland Terrace.
It's a great tour if you love getting those little inside secrets and history of the park. I still remember all the fun little facts our guide told us and think about them every time I'm in the Magic Kingdom.

I haven't done the official tour but I've done and seen everything on the tour on my own at one time or another. For the serious Disney fan, it's almost a must do and worth the money. It's been very well received over the years and just about everyone I've talked to that has done it has given it a thumbs up.

The lunch for the KTTK tours is now at Tomorrowland Terrace - the food is brought over from Casey’s.

We’ve done the tour twice and our guides were excellent. It really is an interesting tour. In September we were able to see the Boo to You, FoF, and MOUCP floats in the parade barns - very cool because our CM friend who was with us has performed in all 3 parades. It was fun to actually see what and where her work experiences take place.

My Mom and I did this in 2012 and we both thought it was great. There was a good deal of standing at points with no place to sit down when we did it. But we did the early one and so were the only people in the Magic Kingdom. Our tour guide was excellent and I've never forgotten her name (Robin). We recommend this to everyone, especially maybe if you've been there a few times before. You also receive a special pin. Just wear good shoes. :cloud9:

Did in August 2017- it was great! We ate at Tomorrowland Terrace and rode HM, JC and Pirates. Our guide was great- also saw the CMs practicing for parade when behind the scenes. Not in full character costumes- just head of character!

Last edited:

I just bought our tickets to the KTTKT for June 2018 - and so excited!!! I was told that you do need park admission, photo ID is required for everyone in the party and that lunch is included...and to wear comfy walking shoes..

Can't wait!!!

I took the tour yesterday with my husband (we're here on our honeymoon as we speak! :D) and we loved it! I will say, you get pretty tired by the end since it's 5 hours of walking. However, getting to see the parade floats, utilidors, and behind the scenes areas was really magical. Jason was the name of our tour guide and he was phenomenal. We had a private tour on jingle cruise and we were supposed to have a ride on haunted mansion, but it was down :(. We had lunch at Tomorrowland Terrace in a private area which was nice. The food was actually quite good! As a massive disney history nerd, I was impressed that I learned so much new information (I expected that a lot of it would be things i've already read about). I'm glad to answer any questions if you have them!

My wife and I have done 3 tours, KttK, UnDISCOVERed Future World and the Backstage Safari (which is basically now Backstage Tales) and we have really enjoyed all three. We find the tours to be well worth the money. We did KttK back in 2010 and we still bring up things from the tour.

for those who have done this one (the $99) what is your opinion?
is it worth the price and also I am assuming you also need a park admission ticket as well as the price for the tour? any feedback would be great, thanks

It is indeed worth the price. The CM who does the tour, makes the tour what it is. I highly recommend it.

I did this a couple of years ago on a solo trip. It was amazing! I cannot wait until my daughter is old enough and we will do it together. It was very informative and entertaining. I loved going backstage, especially the utilidors. We saw the SpectroMagic floats and our guide confirmed that they were destroyed in the Florida weather and would no longer be used (I cried a little inside).
My favorite part was seeing the love our guide had for Disney. While in the utilidors, we saw a picture from opening day of WDW. He talked about Walt not being there like Walt was part of his own family, he was very emotional and got choked up. It brought tears to a lot of our eyes, and it made me happy to know that people working at Disney still love and appreciate Walt even never having had the opportunity to meet him.
Our guide shared a magical story of his at the very end, and it will be with me forever.
Honestly, one of the best things I've ever done in my life. And well worth the price!

so much positive feedback, thank you....we are going in April, should I book this before we go and if so how far in advance?

The lunch for the KTTK tours is now at Tomorrowland Terrace - the food is brought over from Casey’s.

That's disappointing that the food is now from Casey's. I don't particularly care for hot dogs and Columbia Harbor House is just generally better food (sounds a little classier to have the fish than a hot dog on the nice tour).

The change in food wouldn't change my mind about the tour overall -- loved it years ago! Just a little disappointed in that "decline by degrees".

That's disappointing that the food is now from Casey's. I don't particularly care for hot dogs and Columbia Harbor House is just generally better food (sounds a little classier to have the fish than a hot dog on the nice tour).

The change in food wouldn't change my mind about the tour overall -- loved it years ago! Just a little disappointed in that "decline by degrees".
Does Casey’s have more than hotdogs? I don’t remember the hotdog even being an option on the KTTK lunch menu. I had a chicken sandwich.

Does Casey’s have more than hotdogs? I don’t remember the hotdog even being an option on the KTTK lunch menu. I had a chicken sandwich.
For our group of four, our selections were:
Hot dog
Chicken Sandwich
Banh Mi Sandwich
Chicken Caesar Salad

I did the tour in June 2017 and loved it! You do need park admission, but I picked a longer trip in a year that I had an AP so I didn't feel like I was missing out on park time. You learn lots of interesting facts, get to see some backstage areas, and go on some rides (we did PoTC, HM, and JC). It's also a nice way to do something different if you've been to Disney a lot. I had a family on in my tour group who were on their first ever trip to Disney World. I wouldn't recommend that.

I would've preferred CHH for lunch, but we ate at Tomorrowland Terrace which was fine.

I actually did the tour by myself (not alone on the tour, but not with the rest of my family... they weren't interested), so if anyone is considering it, but can't convince anyone else in their party, I would definitely recommend going!

Book early as it sells out way in advance. I wanted to do this on our November trip and 68-70 days in advance (short trip), there was no availability. I'll have to try another time when I know way in advance that I'll be visiting Orlando.

Reactions: msk
For our group of four, our selections were:
Hot dog
Chicken Sandwich
Banh Mi Sandwich
Chicken Caesar Salad

Those sound better than I was expecting (although I have no idea what banh mi is, but could be interesting). Thanks for sharing the menu options. I really want to do this again, but I want to bring my son on a tour and he's only 12. I think that means we can do Marceline to Main Street for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter