KFK's First TR!

102_6413.jpg
Wow, that pic just tickled my pancake spot.

Seeing this pic reminded me that I need new plates. Those circa 1970's Correlle plates are a little dated.
No! Don't replace them. I LOVE the old styles...have been feeling very nostalgic about my childhood lately, and all the things from the 70's that are gone from the world. Keep the plates!

:rotfl:

:sad2: You should have known by now that I am too sly to fall for that one.

Besides, anyone who read your last TR knows full well that you go for the Groovy Granny types dancing in their swimsuits on Clementine's Beach.

I believe the quote was "Meow". :lmao:

Guilty as charged!

Except I believe it was a FOXY Grandma, not a GROOVY Grandma.

But as all good things must....the visit had to come to an end due to Cuz's ADR's.

Well, there you go. The danged DDP strikes again! It takes away spontaneity. Boo!

Love seeing my baby lovin' the Fort. DS7 was content to watch cartoons.:sad2:

102_6397-1.jpg

You know the saying a picture is worth a thousand words? This photo epitomizes that. Look at that grin on your DS's face. I love it!

No! Don't replace them. I LOVE the old styles...have been feeling very nostalgic about my childhood lately, and all the things from the 70's that are gone from the world. Keep the plates!

I agree. My family's Corelle plates were passed down to me when I left for college. Those things served me well. Mine were like yours, but I believe I had the mod harvest gold style. I am not sure what ever happened to them, but those were good dishes. Keep them.

TCD

Hey, We've got those same plates. But we use them at home and paper in the MH. :banana:

Can't beat that Correlle Wear can you? It lasts forever!

We use a lot of paper plates in the camper too but sometimes I just like a real plate. ;)

Wow, that pic just tickled my pancake spot.

Them there pancakes was even better in person. Smack yummy! Mmmmmm.....
How could I resist DS5 pointing at the cabinet where the syrup was and repeating "Cakes, Cakes!" over and over.

I've been a little nostalgic lately too, so I completely appreciate what you're talking about.
The plates will stay.

Guilty as charged!

Except I believe it was a FOXY Grandma, not a GROOVY Grandma.

Well, there you go. The danged DDP strikes again! It takes away spontaneity. Boo!

You know the saying a picture is worth a thousand words? This photo epitomizes that. Look at that grin on your DS's face. I love it!

I agree. My family's Corelle plates were passed down to me when I left for college. Those things served me well. Mine were like yours, but I believe I had the mod harvest gold style. I am not sure what ever happened to them, but those were good dishes. Keep them.

TCD

Now I remember, it WAS Foxy Grandma.

There used to be a local Gospel group with a 80 or 90 year old granny who played guitar and sang.
She is known throughout our area as "Groovy Granny". Must've mixed up my grannies.

I had thought of checking into the DDP for next year. But my mind is already made up......
NO WAY!!!!!!! We like to eat, but don't want to plan an entire trip around it.

Thanks about the pic of DS. He likes the parks, but he seems so content and happy at the Fort. It's one big reason we've decided to cut down on park time and spent a lot more time at the Fort.

Ahhhh...Harvest Gold.

The color of KFM's fridge until around 10 years ago.

Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind........
Memories, sweetened through the ages just like wine.....

Oh, sorry everyone, I got distracted for a moment.

Next installment will be later tonight after boys are in bed. Too hard to get it done w/DS5 climbing on my head. :sad2:

ETA: Next installment will have to wait until tomorrow. Gotta upload the next memory card before I can go any further.

Oh, yes, you really must keep the plates! That's part of the fun and memories. I actually have an old picnic basket in the garage full of our old camping dishes from when I was growing up. I can't wait to pull them back out! :thumbsup2

And that breakfast looks great! Next time we're at the Fort at the same time, I'm gonna hunt you down just for breakfast! :rotfl2:

Those plates are Classic!

And you should open up a little diner next time you're at the Fort. Your food looks great to me. Either that or barter for kungaloosh.

Man! Am I enjoying this TR, and hey I lived it. :banana:

I might even consider changing my screen name to KFKDH.:rotfl2:

Oh, yes, you really must keep the plates! That's part of the fun and memories. I actually have an old picnic basket in the garage full of our old camping dishes from when I was growing up. I can't wait to pull them back out! :thumbsup2

And that breakfast looks great! Next time we're at the Fort at the same time, I'm gonna hunt you down just for breakfast! :rotfl2:

I never realized what a hit my plates would be!

Def keeping them for sure! In fact I may try to find a few more vintage Correlle plates to complete my set.

Feel free to pop in for a pancake breakfast. I don't make them very often at home, but when we're camping they're a staple.

Those plates are Classic!

And you should open up a little diner next time you're at the Fort. Your food looks great to me. Either that or barter for kungaloosh.

Thank you for the compliment on my pancakes.

I could open that diner at my site, undercut T.E. and maybe pay for my trip.
Hmmmmm....I see a plan forming.

I'm afraid of kungaloosh. I might keel over face first in my pancake batter.

Man! Am I enjoying this TR, and hey I lived it. :banana:

I might even consider changing my screen name to KFKDH.:rotfl2:

And you lived it well my love. Thanks for working so hard to give us such a great vacation. :love:

You may as well change your name...

Everyone already refers to you as Mr. KFK anyway. :lmao:

Good question, are you done for the year KFK?

Probably. But, I'll never rule out the chance of going back. We've already starting making plans to be there for July 4 next year. :woohoo:

After a nice leisurely morning/afternoon at the Fort, it's time to head over to MK so the parents and bro can see the MSEP.

I have to admit I'm excited about seeing it again.

We get there just in time to land a shady spot on Main Street for the 3:00 parade.

I like that they're honoring the GAD program, but we don't feel that Kermit and Miss Piggy belong in the MK. IOHO.

102_6417.jpg

Our view down Main Street .

102_6420.jpg

DS7 hydrating.

102_6421.jpg

Chip came over and patted DS7 on the head. Couldn't get the shot. Darn.

ETA: Yes, TCD, I know that Chip is the one with the brown nose. We used to call it a chocolate "chip" nose to help us remember.
102_6424.jpg
;-)

I thought a certain someone would enjoy this pic of Miss White.

You know who you are.

102_6432.jpg

DS 5 was starting to get into the spirit of things.

In fact he got so excited he just started saying "Disney World, Disney World!" over and over again.

I nearly cried.

OK, I DID cry.

Just a little.

102_6457.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what we did next, but we soon made our way over to Adventureland and did something we haven't done in years.

In fact, neither DS has EVER done it.

We climed the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

I'd forgotten how much I love it!

DS7 loves adventure stuff, so this was perfect for him.

102_6476.jpg

102_6477.jpg

102_6479.jpg

102_6481.jpg

102_6488.jpg

Now wer're off to the Jungle Cruise.

DS7 got to "Drive" last year and was hoping it would happen again. It didn't.

Here's the guide giving the boys a little attention. They ate it up.

102_6499.jpg

The boys getting ready to engage in a little sword play in the POTC giftshop.
A daily activity at our house.

102_6522.jpg

Everyone is getting ready to rustle up a little grub, so we take the shortcut to Frontierland and grab a bite at Pecos Bill's. Two thumbsup.

This spot has made top two on my CS eateries list at MK.

I had my very first ever Veggie Burger.....and it was GOOOOOOD!!!!

Sorry no pic. I ate it before I thought to take one. Mmmmmm....

102_6530.jpg

Next, we rode rides in F.L. , saw the Country Bears etc. You all know the drill.

Now it's time to land a good spot for the MSEP. Whoo! Hoo!!
Here's the folks walking through Cinderella Castle.

102_6559.jpg

It's getting dark and the Castle is starting to light up.

The excitement is mounting.

102_6561.jpg

The fellas snacking while they wait.

102_6563.jpg

DH and DS7 sharing a moment.

102_6568.jpg

The moment has arrived....

The leader of the pack herself....

TINKERBELL!!!!

102_7743.jpg

102_7752.jpg

102_7746.jpg

102_7748.jpg

102_7749.jpg

102_7751.jpg

That concludes Day 6.

Day 7 will be another Fort Day. Lots of Forts pics coming soon.....

DS 5 was starting to get into the spirit of things.

In fact he got so excited he just started saying "Disney World, Disney World!" over and over again.

I nearly cried.

OK, I DID cry.

Just a little.

So great :goodvibes

Thanks for the MSEP pics. I just read in a few places they'll be extending it to the end of the year. Can't wait to see it in person in November... for the first time! :yay:

I thought a certain someone would enjoy this pic of Miss White.

You know who you are.

102_6432.jpg

Ok, maybe it's just me, but she looks downright evil. Sure she's flashing a sweet smile, but underneath those blank eyes is a mind silently plotting dispicable things.

I just know it.

KFK...loving your trip report!!!!:surfweb: Cant wait till i can read some more....

Love the pics of the MSEP!
I'm so glad you got to have a Magical Mommy Moment! I know that means a lot! :banana:

Ok, maybe it's just me, but she looks downright evil. Sure she's flashing a sweet smile, but underneath those blank eyes is a mind silently plotting dispicable things.

I just know it.

I gotta agree with you Dave. I see it too.
This may be far fetched, but I do believe that at the moment Kim snapped that photo,,ol Snow knew EXACTLY where that pic was gonna end up and EXACTLY who was gonna see it !!

Yup,,I'm sure your onto something there Dave, :scared1:

Man,I sure wouldn't want to be you next time ya meet up with Snow !

Hi Kim !

I just read all nine pages, and have been away from the boards since coming home. As is usual, no good vacation goes unpunished at work, and I have been playing catchup.

For those in doubt, that photos are really Kim, but do not reflect how gracious, warm, and outgoing she is...

For TCD... I too was blessed with meeting and spending some time with Charlie, Hilda, and Stephanie on my most recent trip. They are wonderful people and made our trip memorable. I cannot thank them enough for the hospitality and friendship.

And because of this awesome trip report, I can say that I met Kim's husband also... On the day of the cart delivery, he and I get our super fast carts from Kenny at the same time... He was as polite and outgoing as Kim, and we had our "training" and raced away to our sites...

Gotta run.... Will keep up with the TR !

So great :goodvibes

Thanks for the MSEP pics. I just read in a few places they'll be extending it to the end of the year. Can't wait to see it in person in November... for the first time! :yay:

Oh, I hope they do extend it....just for you!

I've got a dear FB friend who is kicking herself for missing it this year, but thanks to your post I was able to let her know she still has a chance.

Believe me when I say....

I't just as great as everyone says it is! Love it! Love it! Love it!

I just know it.

Poor Miss White.

I think you're just jealous of Prince Charming.

I seem to recall a more giddy Dave when her attentions turned toward you for a moment. :lmao:

KFK...loving your trip report!!!!:surfweb: Cant wait till i can read some more....

The boys are sound asleep so maybe I can get the next installment done before bedtime.

Glad you're enjoying the TR! Thanks for joining in.

Love the pics of the MSEP!
I'm so glad you got to have a Magical Mommy Moment! I know that means a lot! :banana:

Nothing like those special moments.

I actually cried watching the July 4 Golf Cart parade once. It was DS7's (DS1.5 at the time) first trip.....well I was expecting again, so that could've been part of it. :rotfl:

I gotta agree with you Dave. I see it too.
This may be far fetched, but I do believe that at the moment Kim snapped that photo,,ol Snow knew EXACTLY where that pic was gonna end up and EXACTLY who was gonna see it !!

Yup,,I'm sure your onto something there Dave, :scared1:

Man,I sure wouldn't want to be you next time ya meet up with Snow !

You may be right Frank.

As I was taking this pic, Snow got a far away look in her eyes and ...

I'm not sure...

but, I think I saw her mouth Dave's name.

Now that I think of it, it WAS a little spooky.

If I were Dave, I'd sleep with one eye open. ;)

Hi Kim !

I just read all nine pages, and have been away from the boards since coming home. As is usual, no good vacation goes unpunished at work, and I have been playing catchup.

For those in doubt, that photos are really Kim, but do not reflect how gracious, warm, and outgoing she is...

For TCD... I too was blessed with meeting and spending some time with Charlie, Hilda, and Stephanie on my most recent trip. They are wonderful people and made our trip memorable. I cannot thank them enough for the hospitality and friendship.

And because of this awesome trip report, I can say that I met Kim's husband also... On the day of the cart delivery, he and I get our super fast carts from Kenny at the same time... He was as polite and outgoing as Kim, and we had our "training" and raced away to our sites...

Gotta run.... Will keep up with the TR !

Hi B.K.!

I was wondering where you were! Glad you're finally able to get back to the boards and join in.

Thank you for your kind words. When I got back to our site, I couldn't wait to tell DH about the wonderful DisFamily I'd just met. It was a pleasure meeting you, DW and DD. You're all just sweethearts.

DH got a kick out of reading your post tonight at work. I remember him telling me about the nice guy he spoke with at the GC pickup, what a Small World. He called me just a few minutes ago to tell me about it. Too bad we didn't know at the time...we could've hung out while we waited on our site to be ready.

Yeah, that chick freaks me out.

But if you want to talk about sweet....well, this here is my HERO!

evilqueencel.jpg

You have a lot in common with KFD.

He loves him some Mean Queen!

Day 7

I love having leisure days at the Fort.

Having such a tranquil, peaceful place to relax after a couple of hectic days in the park just can't be beat.

That's just another reason we'd rather stay at the Fort than at the finest Deluxe resorts while at WDW.

No Fort day can be spent with out a GC excursion....

so here we go!

First we head over to the tent camping area. (Looking for green ears of course!) We never saw any. Darn.

100_6591.jpg

This next photo may be disturbing to some viewers.

While no actual hippies were sighted, this ride could only mean one thing....

:hippie::hippie::hippie:

100_6597.jpg

This was one of our previous sites.

Just curious how many Fort Fiends know the Fort well enough to guess where it is located.

100_6601.jpg

A yellow bus as seen from the back of a G.C.

100_6603.jpg

I wasn't sure if these guys landed the cool decor because they were C.M.'s...

100_6604.jpg

or if they just stole these MK decorations from a warehouse or something.

100_6605.jpg

Looks like the Fort Po Po are here to investigate. :confused3 J/K.

100_6606.jpg

This is around the middle of our trip and the time has come....

I have to go to the Outpost to mail a few bills. Uggghhhh!!!!

I did spot this very unusual set of wheels in the GC parking area.

Pretty cool in my view.

100_6610.jpg

I just had to take a pic of what someone previously referred to as "Camp Rock".

100_6612.jpg

A few shots of the Outpost.

100_6613.jpg

100_6617.jpg

100_6618.jpg

I have more Fort photos coming right up.

After leaving the Outpost I decided to pause and get a pic of the Magical Express.

They are so...

well....MAGICAL!

100_6619.jpg

OK, I'm alone.

I have the GC.

No kids.

Peace and quiet.

I think I'll just take a few minutes and ride around on my own.

These adorable Mouse Ear lamps have to win the prize for best lamps!!!!

100_6621.jpg

These green ears were spotted in loop 100, so I head over to see if anyone was home. No signs of life were seen.

We did get a chance to meet them later and had a nice chat. Very nice folks!

It was SS&J'sMom, her DH...and SS&J. Really enjoyed talking with them. Her DH invited us to drop by anytime, but by the time we made it back over they were gone.

100_6623.jpg

More Settlement Pics.

100_6625.jpg

100_6626.jpg

100_6627.jpg

100_6628.jpg

100_6629.jpg

100_6631.jpg

100_6633.jpg

That's the Tri-Circle D Farm way over there.

100_6634.jpg

I've never gone back far enough to see the BBQ Pavillion, so why not right now?

100_6635.jpg

100_6636.jpg

100_6637.jpg

100_6638.jpg

100_6639.jpg

Sorry.

I didn't have my high tech spy equipment handy, I didn't find TCD's cousin Yuri, nor am I tall. Therefore there are no pics from over the green fence.

Another couple of photos of the STP.

100_6640.jpg

100_6641.jpg

One of these days I'm gonna take one of those carriage rides.

Maybe.

It does look like fun.

100_6642.jpg

100_6643.jpg

ETA:

I almost forgot to say....

I love the Fort.

Chip came over and patted DS7 on the head. Couldn't get the shot. Darn.

102_6424.jpg

Whoa!

Wait a minute!

Is this a joke?

You have got to be kidding me!

You have C & D as your avatar.

And you think this is Chip?

Your Fort Fiends membership is hereby revoked!

Please turn in your card and lodge hat at the front desk.

Tsk. Tsk!

:thumbsup2

This next photo may be disturbing to some viewers.

While no actual hippies were sighted, this ride could only mean one thing....

:hippie::hippie::hippie:

100_6597.jpg

This was one of our previous sites.

Just curious how many Fort Fiends know the Fort well enough to guess where it is located.

100_6601.jpg

I wasn't sure if these guys landed the cool decor because they were C.M.'s...

100_6604.jpg

I just had to take a pic of what someone previously referred to as "Camp Rock".

100_6612.jpg

1. Hippies for sure! But, luckily, I don't see any accordions.

2. I'm going to guess that the site in your photo is from the 1400 loop. On the outside. I think I see the bridge that goes over the canal there in the background.

3. Neat props on that Inferno-there used to be a place near WDW where you could buy that kind of stuff. Those Infernos are cool trailers!

4. Good job on the Camp Rock photo.

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter