Kid at heart freedom

Disnj81

Earning My Ears
:jumping1: My last disney trip was 2 years ago. (it was a very long time in the making to get back. So I was very excited) It was a christmas family reunion. So to go to mickeys very merry christmas party was one of my dreams come true. Weil I have to use a wheelchair to get around the parks. Wow is all I can say. For four days I was princess Lauren. The cast members talked to me like I was important. (one of the things that get me upset is when people talk like I'm not there) They helped me on and off rides. Made sure I was safe. I had a blast that week. For one week I was a child again wth no pain or problems. I can't wait to get the chance to go back. I was a disney fan before but I'm even more now.

welcome to the DIs yes disney is great place for people with all kinds of disabilities

So glad you enjoyed your vacation!

I just wanted to comment about this for others:
They helped me on and off rides. Made sure I was safe.
Guests shouldn't rely on CMs to assist with transfers. They are not allowed to physically provide assistance. They may hold a wheelchair or walker, for example, and make sure seatbelts or safety harnesses are buckled correctly, but they can lose their jobs for much more than that. If a guest requires assistance with transfers, please make sure to have a member(s) of your own travel party able to do so.

Again, so glad you finally made a return trip and had such a wonderful vacation!

yes i agree with you don't count on CM for help on and off ride its not there job.

my family was with me and did help me on and off the rides. (I'm able to get on and off most ride without any help) i just meant that they weren't in a hurry about it and a few of them even gave me high fives after and told me good job. I've been to parks where it was rush rush not at WDW it was a truly magical time.

Last edited:
yes i agree with you don't count on CM for help on and off ride its not there job.

my family was with me and did help me on and off the rides. (I'm able to get on and off most ride without any help) i just meant that they weren't in a hurry about it and a few of them even gave me high fives after and told me good job. I've been to parks where it was rush rush not at WDW it was a truly magical time.
I agree about being able to take your time not being rushed as I am also just back. I use a cane and have to enter and exit certain way to make it work. all CMs were take your time and have a great day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter